Iron

How do you get enough iron in the diet if you're not american and eating fortified food all the time? Meat has like 10-15% of the RDA, a lot of veggies don't have any, and a lot of other foods that have iron only have enough to meet the RDA assuming you don't eat anything else. Should I just start drinking blood?

Attached: iron-1-400x300[1].jpg (400x300, 34.7K)

Suck robot dick

Google

Lucky Iron Fish

suck on these nuts faggot

Attached: R.44a0bf1f814a76ee27b8605a53c9397a.jpg (1161x799, 118.69K)

Beef all day everyday

10%? maybe per 100g, if you eat 3 meals of any real food you will get the iron intake

oatmeal, eggs

make pancakes with eggs and enriched flour

broccoli has a lot for a vegetable

or be like the womeh and take some sissy iron pills

Just take a daily multivitamin

What the fuck are you eating that you can't get enough iron? Are you a frugivore?

meat, potatoes, rice, rye bread, milk, cheese, peas, mushrooms, bell peppers, tomatoes, etc

Quantities? Because just a quarter cup of rice is, like, 25% of RDA. A medium potato is 23% RDA. A single slice of rye bread is 11% RDA.
That's 59% RDA before we even account for meat, which is going to be richer than any of those.

what the fuck? according to the swedish nutritional database (i'm swedish), one kilo of potatoes (a huge amount) has 3.8 mg of iron, 700 calories of rice has 2.6 mg, 700 calories of rye bread has maybe 8 mg at most. The pork cut i eat the most (tenderloin, i think) has 6 mg per 400 g, ground beef has 8 mg per 400 g. the RDA is 15 mg.

oh wait, i just looked at the RDA, and that applies for women, men is only 9 mg, so that's more achievable. still i don't understand how women are supposed to get easily get that amount when they eat less food to begin with.

Women RDA is kinda fucked. In reality, they need less in their regular diet.
What they need is a short term spike in their iron intake because they bleed out of their hole once a month. I would instead advise them to take a supplement during their period and then stop shortly after.
Cronometer is a pretty good site for checking micros if you want to have a regular this-is-what-I-eat-daily diet.

Attached: 1627418862228.png (761x231, 17.02K)

The real answer here is that most women don't get enough iron, period.

>women don't get enough iron, period.
CARLOS

iron

skillet

u

nigger

>approximately 10 million people are iron deficient in the United States
That's 3% of population and all of them are menstruating women

I was tracking various mineral in my diet for a while and iron never popped up as a problematic one. I couldn't get enough magnesium, iodine, zinc, vit D and due to living in area with soft water (which exlcused all of US) calcium. Iron is everywhere and I remember there's a lot of it in chocolate.

Stop obsessing over RDAs and just eat food. Whole food, 70%+ meat, sneak some liver in there now and then if you like (optional). Government guidelines are dumb, you just need to eat food.

>I remember there's a lot of it in chocolate.
Is this why women seem to instinctively crave chocolate?

Probably, except they feed that craving with chocolate-like substances (milk "chocolate," candy bars, etc) that aren't even real chocolate so it doesn't give them what their body is looking for.

>1 oz of dark chocolate is 3.5mg of iron
Yeah I'm forcing my gf to switch to this over milk chocolate.
Plus if she learns to like bitter flavors she'll stop being annoyed when I hold her jaw shut to force her to swallow my jizz.

I bet if she eats real chocolate it may even actually satisfy her craving unlike fake chocolate and then she won't overeat it like I see women do so much.

I wouldn't sweat RDAs unless you're experiencing symptoms of insufficiency or cravings. I've been getting about half the RDA of iron for years and never developed even mild symptoms, nor experienced any cravings (like I do for e.g. citrus fruit when my vit C intake has been low).

eat iron supplements