I'm afraid of going to the gym

but I struggle to explain why

Attached: 1211904-rentree-2020-5-conseils-pour-reprendre-une-activite-sportive-illustration.jpg (2000x1333, 328.89K)

Hate to say it OP, but there is nothing I, or anyone on this board, can say that will make the fear go away.
You just have to go.
The fear will go away after you visit enough.
If it wasn't scary, everyone would go to the gym. You dont want to be a dyel like everyone else, right op?

Attached: Screen Shot 2021-11-12 at 10.26.35 PM.png (1132x1148, 1.48M)

at least try to or don't even bother posting idiot

I've already been to the gym several times with some friends of mine and 3 times alone, but I'm still afraid. I get anxious before even entering, I do not sleep well the night before I'm planning on going.

You're insecure. Get over it, or stay small.

how she smiles for the HWD [HUGE WHITE DICK]
:]

Yes, I'm insecure. I see muscular men as half-Gods.

Stop "planning" to go and just go. I get super anxious about things as well, and going to a gym alone was definitely one of them. But the only way it will get easier is if you go. Slowly, but surely the anxiety will go away. Nobody cares about you at the gym. Everyone is focused on themselves. If going with friends helps then go with friends

I can't go everytime with my friends, they have other things to do in their own life.

Sometimes I go alone, but the night before I cannot sleep well because I know this time I decided to go and it gets me nervous

How about the next time you go with friends, stay at the gym when they all leave. Get a feel for being alone. Either that or invest in a home gym set-up. Part of getting fit is learning to stop caring about other people's opinions of you. You're there for yourself, not other people

I know. The thing is that I see others at gym at people that are superior than me. I do not dare asking them if the squat spot is free if I need to squat for example. Because I'm like "I'm gonna disturb them" "I'm not legitimate" "they'll be astonished to see someone that weak being ready to squat whereas this exercise is not beginner-friendly". And so on and so forth. I overthink.

I get it. I was the same way. It sucks to hear but you really do just gotta suck it up. The worst that's gonna happen is that they'll just say that they are still using the squat rack.

Gym intimidation is a thing i struggle with. Sometimes I drive all the way there and turn around and go home.

I'm not afraid of what they can say verbally. I'm afraid of what they can say through their facial expressions or body language. And of what they can think.

Unfortunately, I can't control their minds, so I'm wasting my energy.

If someone thinks you're a fag, they're gonna think you're a fag even if it's for a few moments. You can't control what people think so why worry about it? Especially if it hasn't happened yet. If worst comes to worst you could always drink a shit ton coffee and get yourself wired so your only concern is expending your energy

I'm sure with some introspection you can come to some conclusion, or try some things to address why you may be feeling this "fear."

Many people have a fear of inaction, it often stems from not wanting to commit. Go on Any Forums and see how many threads are posted by people that apparently LOVE video games, about how they just never play anything despite wanting to. They're paralyzed for some reason. Same with people and books. Or people with making art. Why?

It could be the knowledge that there is a commitment behind it. You kinda know that the gym won't be something you do once. You'll need to do it, essentially, forever. So it's easier to never start than to start and go ad infinitum.

But maybe I'm just projecting that and it's not the reason. Regardless, talk it out and I wish you the best. I'm actually on my way to the gym right now. Front squats today.

So your afraid of being judged?

You just gotta accept that people will judge you.

So they judge you, ok and what? Whats the worst that can happen from that? Really think about it.

I think I can't bear being judged for being a beginner. It's not fair. Of course I'm weak dude, I've barely started!

I'll feel destroyed, because I have no confidence at all in my ability to succeed in lifting and this guy is gonna confirm my worry.

It sucks but you eventually realize that nobody cares and they're just focused on their own shit. Practice good gym etiquette like putting away your weights/plates and generally not doing stupid shit like taking up the squat rack to do bicep curls or some shit.
Everyone had to start somewhere, and usually there's a mutual respect shared among gym goers since everyone is there to try to better themselves. Some people may even talk to you or offer to help you out but most have their headphones in these days or staring at their phones.

Honestly ive been lifting since 2015 and i still get nervous sometimes. Just go anyway

Why do you set get nervous sometimes?

If you had no confidence you wouldn't have went with your friends.

You can do it, everyone was a beginner once.

How bout doing calesthetics at home to begin untill you get your confidence up?

It took me years to start going with friends. I feel more secure with them. I know that I don't have to talk to anyone. I know that if someone starts being rude I'll feel protected.

Well then just go when your friends go.
I did that exact thing because i was scared too.

I cannot go with them everytime unfortunately

Well just go when you can. You can do once a week right?

Yes, I've done this last summer but there's a big difference for me between going with someone and going alone. When I'm alone I have to take my responsibility if anything goes wrong.

fuck the half measures. you gotta regularly go to the gym alone. there are emotional gains to be made friendo, and god will not have his work made manifest by cowards