Planet shitness

how do i work legs here? every barbell is in a smith cage and i cant do real squats

please help. this is my only option for 3 months

Attached: Planet_Fitness_Cincinnati.jpg (1200x900, 518.15K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/w8pYsRhLmUE?t=377
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Squat in the Smith machine and be grateful you stupid nigger

/thread

i needed to hear this. thanks user

By Allah, may everyone who frequents these evil places die a thousand deaths!

Planet Fitness' business model is designed to extract money from subscribers who never show up. That's why they recruit fatties and shun actual bodybuilders. If a gym gets too many members who use the facilities it is more cost effective to shut the place down.

Can't a gym just charge for the actual facilities being used and compete by not being shit?

Leg press. Split squats w.dumbbells.

They have a leg press, stair steppers, resistance bikes, and dumbbells. You may not get to super overload your weights but you can absolutely do more reps. It is fun to shit on planet fitness but when it is all you have you can absolutely make do. Like turning down water in the desert because it is in a plastic cup and you are afraid of microplastics.

bout how heavy do the leg presses and regular machines go? i have been on the fence about a membership for a few months for a little bit.

Leg press, leg extension and hack squat machines are plenty for legs. Not sure if they have the latter, but you don’t NEED to squat for big legs, most bodybuilders focus more on machines because you can work with higher volumes with less CNS fatigue.

Smith machine squats are really fucking good.

I miss having a hacksquat machine

Attached: Screenshot 2022-06-10 at 19-32-39 'I Was Into Bodybuilding—Until An Accident Left Me Paralyzed'.png (917x1098, 1.11M)

>machine assisted squatting
yeah bitch. you had it coming.

no they are not. they restrict the motion and your supporting muscles don't get trained. machines should be banned

I thought the point of smith machine is to be safer.

Not doing something because there is a risk attached to it? You're never going to make it in life, let alone in the gym. Probably best you stay in your house and wrap yourself in bubble-wrap if you have to go outside.

youtu.be/w8pYsRhLmUE?t=377

Plate stack goes to 300.

like on pulleys n shit? that's not bad.

Like I said it is fun to meme on the place but it has a lot of good shit. You just have to be able to control your shit without grunting like a bull getting raped by a gorilla and smacking the metal too loud.

that screamy shit for me is only for compound lifts anyway so i doubt i'd be doing anything like that with machine shit.

Too saturated. Need a new strategy. Something no one else is doing that will attract the people least likely to use the other gyms.

Barbarian

>gym subsidizes people who show up to work out by charging fat people for nothing
>Any Forums still complains

>t. dyel

Sort of. The problem is they're dependent on maintenance, employee, and repair costs being low and resale value being high. If too many people from their subscriber pool actually show up to the gym they have to shut it down because it costs them more money than $10/m is worth. They have something like 4500 members per location. If just 25% took a 5 minute hot shower at their gym once per week their profits would be in the red.