Can you get six pack abs and defined obliques from just planking, and if not what are the best alternatives?

Can you get six pack abs and defined obliques from just planking, and if not what are the best alternatives?

Attached: 1_WWjYs5yzLKj5WCOkdf8j0A.jpg (1400x934, 121.42K)

What a stupid fucking question

That's a great question

Not a answer chuds

meh

Lose bodyfat

I have 7% bodyfat

hanging leg raises

You need to be around 2-3% for your abs to show

I assume you mean 14%, or that you have never worked out in your life and keep low bodyfat by simply never eating. Otherwise you would have abs and not asked this question.

Captains chair makes me feel like a king, gazing out upon the gym, my domain.

Attached: 3fa87db53f15a9145cc467506c7c22dd.png (1320x786, 317.55K)

no, you can't. A lot of ab exercises are static holds and endurance rep ranges, but I'll say the one dude I knew who had a properly good six pack loaded up his ab exercises with weight. Russian twists/ situps/etc while holding a 45, that sort of thing

Attached: 1549422061484.png (619x602, 145.97K)

Is there anyway I can do captains chair at home? I love that for abs but don't have the machine...

Planking and side planks. Foolproof way to get abs with obliques. 15 count max.

chairs

lmao just do kettlebell swings if you need loaded ab work.

how is it even possible on a chair, I can't seem to understand

Why does Any Forums keep pretending you magically get a well-defined sixpack just by dropping your body fat?

Attached: d911ab00f2384e505c399f09e6a8ad74.jpg (640x425, 63.26K)

Do you understand how low 7% bodyfat is?

>Be me
>Do weighted decline bench situps for years
>Max out situps on every pt test
>Always thought I had great abs hidden under the flab
>Cue lower back pain
>Physically therapist tells me I have no abs
>MFW, it was all hip flexors, I never actually engaged my core.

Attached: X3Ew2.jpg (400x675, 26.81K)

Your own fault, really.
The clue is whether or not your lumbar spine is curling. If you only hinge around your hip sockets and keep your spine ramrod straight, then you're using almost entirely hip flexors.
Your abs cause your torso to curl. Look at where they are and apply some common sense. To work your abs, you should be trying to bring your groin to the base of your sternum, not your knees to your chest.

Yes, you can - planks are great if you do them right. I guess you don't know how to do them.

rip lumbar, that said best ab exercise

Put a pull up bar on the wall and you can do them from a hanging position.

Not easily but the curling motions really needed absolutely ass fucks your spine so it's not worth it

Post body.

Attached: jk-simmons-on-j-jonah-jamesons-role-in-spider-man-no-way-hom_xr5b.1200.jpg (1200x675, 69.77K)

I can assure you however you calculated it, it's wrong.

I've had that stupid scan machine at the gym tell me I was 9.5%, never seen an ab. They're wrong.