What's the best tricep exercise? Never found one that really worked for me

What's the best tricep exercise? Never found one that really worked for me.

Attached: 1645472464670.png (1080x1080, 835.48K)

Other urls found in this thread:

researchgate.net/publication/323515719_The_different_role_of_each_head_of_the_triceps_brachii_muscle_in_elbow_extension
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>JM press - 10/10 heavy loading tricep work

>Skull crushers - controlled and using the correct weight are great

>DB kick back - controlled light weight

Front and lateral raises for chest, shoulders, and triceps.

Either skullcrushers or db overhead extension if u have enough weight.

i dont have the flexibility to do a proper
overhead extension without feeling like Im going to hurt myself. How do I fix this problem?

>weighted dips

Attached: download (5).jpg (204x247, 5.13K)

Machine dips

Bentover overhead extensions on cables.

You literally posted all of them you light weight faggot.

Found the fatty

lighter weight

Lying Tricep Extensions are the best. Because you can use a barbell you can load the bar pretty heavy. They're also fun as fuck because they have to be super explosive.
Close grip bench is also a favourite of mine but that's more of an acquired taste

well, which one is better

Dips on rings. Aside from that, overhead press, and push-ups, I don't specifically target triceps and mine are pretty decent.

>t. 211 lb apartmentgym ex-powerlifting cardiofag

Can we settle this? OP image is wrong: Overhead doesn't emphasize the long head. Pushdowns and kickbacks do, since they put the arms parallel to the torso ("0 degrees shoulder elevation", see pic and pdf below)

researchgate.net/publication/323515719_The_different_role_of_each_head_of_the_triceps_brachii_muscle_in_elbow_extension
> Results: At 0 degree shoulder elevation, the long head of the triceps brachii
> generates a significantly higher muscle force and muscle activation than the
> lateral and medial heads (p < 0.05). While at 90 degree, 135 degree and 180
> degree shoulder elevation, the medial head of the triceps brachii showed a
> significantly higher muscle force than the long and the lateral heads (p 0.05).

Attached: tricep head activation and shoulder elevation.jpg (1170x1266, 318.87K)

They're all good in different ways. None is inherently superior to the other.

Not really on your list, skullcrushers with an ez bar on the lowest incline, done behind the head. Very good mass builder.

Kickback are great. As long as you make sure not to allow them to swing on the eccentric and stop to get a good squeeze at the top, they feel amazing.
I do a modified version of a Tate press as well. Basically just doing it on a decline bench to shift the focus to my lateral head.

I want to be looking at the muscle activation row, not the muscle force row, to figure out where the most effective exercise is right?
So long head would be shoulder 0/elbow 35; lateral head would be shoulder 180/elbow 100; medial would be shoulder 180/elbow 100?
That would imply that the medial and lateral heads can't actually be isolated from one another effectively.

For the long head, I want to fix my shoulder elevation at 0 degrees for maximum muscle activation as the elbow opens.
For the lateral head, I want to fix my shoulder elevation at 180 degrees for maximum muscle activation as the elbow opens.
For the medial head, it appears that I want my shoulder elevation to gradually increase as my elbow angle increases in order to maintain maximum muscle activation throughout the movement.
What would an exercise look like that starts me at a shoulder elevation of 45 degree when my elbow angle is 0 degrees, and ends with my shoulder elevation at 180 degrees when my elbow angle is 60 degrees or greater?
What equipment would I even use for this?

Attached: 1636258550658.png (685x654, 150.14K)

You're all unironically wrong it's

>Cable overheard skullcrushers with rope

You don't even need a heavy weight to get a great contraction, and it keeps tension on the muscle throughout the entire RoM

for me i find 500m sprints on the ski erg to be the best as long as the drag factor is 120+.

Kickback has shit resistance curve, pushdown is better in every way

They're literally the same exercise.
Upper arm parallel to your torso, elbow starts closed and opens.
Pushdown is just you upright, where a DB kickback starts with the torso parallel to the ground.
You can just do the kickback on a cable machine if you want the resistance curve to match the pushdown.