Do any of you take advantage of hot/cold therapy...

Do any of you take advantage of hot/cold therapy? There is a spa place nearby which does a sauna+ice plunge for a good hour or so at a decent price and im interested in fitting it in my recovery routine. Its a bit more than just a gym sauna + cold shower, its like a 200F sauna with like a 40F ice bath which most gyms sauna/showers dont get to.

Ive read a lot of good stuff about it triggering growth hormone and stress reduction so I was wondering if anyone here does somthing like it on the regular? is it worth it?

Attached: media_2000w.jpg (2000x714, 138.19K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/pq6WHJzOkno
youtu.be/EQ3GjpGq5Y8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Dang, no one? I figured more people did stuff like this

I did this on Monday and Tuesday. Felt blessed desu.
Totally worth it and pretty easy to do in Europe.

Anyone just do win hof breathing

qrd on win hoff? I ended up going to the plunge place and the lady there was telling me about this guy. She said that he would reduce his body-temp to kill disease so it seemed a bit far fetched, but obviously people like him

Anything that reduces soreness reduces muscle growth

its a meme like tanning your butthole or eating raw meat

>Anything that reduces soreness reduces muscle growth
Not exactly. Inflammation is part of a normal hypertrophic response. Reducing inflammation/temperature shunts the effects of training and hypertrophic response.

I do cold showers sometimes
>he would reduce his body-temp to kill disease
no, what the breathing does is provide a controlled stress on your body which activates your immune system, nothing to do with temperature.
the cold exposure is a separate thing that is good for your cardiovascular health. both of these provide great health benefits, but also reduce inflammation, which kills hypertrophy, so Im conflicted on it

Attached: make-sure-to-breath.jpg (1080x794, 69.74K)

I took cold showers daily for 18 years because I have 7 siblings.
It's nice in the summer when it's really hot out.
Now I just do it out of habit.
Don't think it really does anything outside of being able to wear a t-shirt when it's 20 degrees out.

just ice your balls, it's free

I sometimes take hot baths, sometimes ice baths. Both feel great for different reasons

took me a moment to realize that you meant fahrenheit, since 20°C is warm I was really confused

Yeah, it's pretty great. Idk what benefits it actually has on a scientific level, but I always feel refreshed to the core afterwards

Sorry Euro-poster. I have insomnia.

nah I should be used to assuming imperial units by now, but my brain is stupid

That's relieving, I wasn't really all that sorry.

I-It's ok :'(

This guy had some good podcasts on heat and cold exposure. Im still working through the cold therapies, but theres one in particular that occasional sauna usage can increase hgh production 16x if used semi-occasionally.

youtu.be/pq6WHJzOkno

I didnt know that about the cold therapies cutting gains, I wonder what the good protocol of it would be to get the benefits without clamping gains.

Thanks for the info!

posted the wrong one, here is the one on heat therapy: youtu.be/EQ3GjpGq5Y8

he mentions that you shouldn't do cold exposure directly after up to 4 hours after a workout if hypertrophy is the main goal