Is there any legitimate reason to avoid high volume workouts as a novice besides strength development?

Is there any legitimate reason to avoid high volume workouts as a novice besides strength development?

Attached: 5D034FE7-4377-46A8-B6A7-E35EBFC0BBC1.jpg (1920x1280, 811.73K)

SS claims another

Recovery time.

New lifters who do some bodybuilder's 2 hour routine with ten different machines are going to be sore for the rest of the week. Bodybuilders are able to do these routines and benefit from them because they are also enhancing their recovery with gear.

Just because you did CBum's leg routine and couldn't walk for 24 hours does not mean that you are doing well for either strength or hypertrophy

The same applies for elite strength athletes. Elite level lifters can do two-a-days with dozens of sets because their bodies are adjusted to it (an also roids in most cases). You are not an elite lifter, and copying their programs as a novice is dumb

Beginner programs for both strength and hypertrophy exist for a reason. Ronnie Coleman's routine from 1999 is not going to take you to the next level.

so training 3x 1.5-2h per week is bad? I do chest/back/shoulders, my legs are already large

>my legs are already large
Unless you cycle 3x a week or something like that, they are not.
You are probably just fat and you think "muh legs are strong already", they're not. Squats and diddlys are the best exercise you can do for improving general strenght, do not neglect them.

Yeah a big one is that a beginner / novices progresses fine on not too high volume.

Late novice / early intermediate stages benefit a lot from high volume though. At these stages the strength trainee wants to both continue gaining strength as well as develop more muscle and the higher volume helps

This, also good luck properly progressing on upper body lifts like rows and presses if you have a babby-tier piss-wesk core and legs and can't even stabilize yourself

Ok but if I feel consistently fine doing 5x per week about 1.5 hr per session (5-10 lifts per workout), is there any reason to decrease volume?

post body

>Is there any legitimate reason to avoid high volume workouts as a novice besides strength development?
Not particularly. Conversely I would suggest any beginner aim for at least sets of eight. The issue with the Rippletits cult is that all these retards get super conditioned to do 3x5 and the vast, vast majority of them plan the rest of their fat career, I mean strength career, around these poverty sets.

If you begin with sets of eight, it's easy to transition to more strength/CNS based rep ranges later if a specific intermediate/advanced program requires it for a certain period of time. If you begin your lifting career with sets of five, you're likely going to be like most of Any Forums and make up all kinds of massive cope on why five is the bestest while avoiding the real reason: you just fucking suck at larger sets and your hypertrophy is suffering because of it.

No there isn’t a reason unless you’re too sore/tired to properly do your next workout. Don’t listen to these absolute retards

This

I played soccer for several years and my genetics made my lower body larger already. I also have big calves. I didn't train my legs in weeks and it's still my strongest lift when I'm trying it out again from time to time

Attached: Screenshot_20220524-215348.jpg (1440x1757, 194.79K)

I'm not the guy you're replying to.
But if you meant you go 5 times a week and do 5-10 exercises (and I suppose around 2-3 sets per exercise), I doubt you will make good gains, at least from a strength perspective.
In one training session you will likely not be able to do more that 3-4 quality exercises, the rest is either useless or detrimental.

less recovery and energy, too much volume everyday can make your next workout suck especially if it's next day, imagine doing HITT before you go workout, it's going to drain your energy/strength, potential injury.

that screenshot doesn't mean shit, show the actual numbers, friend.
Also are you doing proper squats to parallel at least? The majority of soccer fags I know are used to quarter squatting like retards

I go sub 90°

Attached: IMG_20220524_215806__01.jpg (1824x2961, 1.2M)

Hm okie. I like doing a lot of volume bc it’s fun. I typically do one heavy compound 5x5, followed by a couple barbell or dumbbell accessories 3or4x8-12ish, followed by some higher rep cable stuff at the end. I’ve been doing it for about 4months, decent strength and body gains

>heavy compound 5x5, followed by a couple barbell or dumbbell accessories 3or4x8-12ish
You should keep this, one main compound and 2-3 secondary compound exercises. Anything else should be carefully picked. For example in a day you do flat bench (main) and dumbbell ohp(secondary), there is absolutely no reason to do any tricep or front delt isolation work, doing so would just be detrimental to recovery.

that doesnt look like a big leg my friend

In comparison to the rest it is. when I started working out, I did 5x90kg after 2 weeks

So you don't even squat

For example I do bench 5x5, DB ohp 4x8-12, incline DB press 3x8-12, then I do isolations for shoulders (lat raises typically) chest (DB or cable flyes) and tris (overhead extension). Is that actually bad?

You look like you don’t go sub 180

yeah I have nothing better to do than to lie on a basket weaving forum

Well it's not easy to say whether that is bad/good or w/e without more details. For example if you do that only once a week you might barely get away with that, but if you're doing those things 2x a week you will surely not have your chest fully recovered from one session to another. And after a short while(after your first 3 months) you will find it really hard to progress in your main lifts, this is because your chest and tris will be always tired and depleted.

1x week plus another day of lighter weight work on the weekend. Thanks for the info tho if I stall out I’ll remember that. At this point my muscles usually feel fine once it’s time for my next workout

Ok, but look at it from this way, 5x90kg back squat is barely a novice-tier lift for a 85kg male. So unless you tell me you're a turbo manlet that weights 60kg, you have no reason to ignore leg work

yw, wagmi friend

Attached: 1628216365207.jpg (306x306, 26.1K)