/fat/ count your calories edition

Fat Loss General

>Who is /fat/ for?
For adipose addled albatrosses who are working towards a better physique through meaningful hard-work, strategy, and dedication.This is not QTDDTOT, stick to questions on fat loss. Post height and weight when asking for advice.
Join our Fatty Contest: fattycontest.com/

>What do I do first?
1. Read physiqonomics.com/fat-loss/
2. Calculate your Body Fat Percentage: fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy
3. Calculate your TDEE: sailrabbit.com/bmr/
Remember to use bodyfat% and use Katch-McArdle Formula with sedentary settings or your TDEE will be too high.
4. Plan your weight loss: losertown.org/eats/cal.php
5. Track your nutrition with MyFitnessPal (better for packaged food), Cronometer (better for generic food/macros) or LoseIt (great for both).

>Now what?
Count calories, all of them.
Eat about 500-1000 less calories than your TDEE.
Buy scales, be accurate.
Learn to cook. Try to stick to lean protein and green vegetables.
Eat a lot of protein. 1g per lb of goal lean body mass.
Doing cardio, even just walking, will improve your health. There is no such thing as a healthy fat heart, but you can offset the risks.
Lifting weights will keep and gain muscle mass and burn fat much quicker. No lifting results in the body burning away muscle AND fat.
Drink more water.
Read the Any Forums sticky: liamrosen.com/fitness.html

>DON'T
Eat refined sugars, they're terrible for you regardless of calories.
Eat processed foods.
Drink your calories (alcohol, soda, starbucks).
Freak out over a weight loss stall. Plateaus can last up to three weeks.
"Reward" yourself. Cheat days cheat only yourself.
Be a retard.

>Other resources:
Loose skin, gyno & stretch marks: weight-loss-side-effects.netlify.app/
Reddit wiki: reddit.com/r/loseit/wiki/faq
Last Thread:

Attached: 1649782212194.png (697x415, 271.78K)

I was 116 kg two months ago, today I am 103 kg despite one month without going to the gym.
The best tip I can give is if you have a lot of weight to lost, don't bother with weightlifting and focus your energy on cardio . The best machine for me is the stairs climber, this shit improve your cadiorespiratory system and your will.
When you enter in a normal weight range, you can start weight lifting.

21-23%
103kg
189cm

leanest I ever was is about 11% but this photos arent good, I dont think 8% is really 8% its more like 10-11% but jacked while all the other photos are just twinks of faties who dont lift

>newbie trying to give advice he has zero knowledege to give
THE POST

The 40% guy is what 30% Bf looks like

I just cant manage to get my belly fat go away. Literally everywhere else im looking good but bu belly. I count calories, avoid all the shitty food, train but still nothing.
What kind of bullshit is this?

The OP calculator says I'm 18% bf.
(180cm tall, 79kg, waist 89cm, neck 40cm)
Is this actually 18%? I still feel so fucking fat, do I have some level of dysmorphia?
If this is really 18%, I'd only have 2-3kg to lose to get to 15%, which just sounds like way too small of a change in weight to stop looking fat.

Attached: file.png (612x1035, 533.98K)

What food do you eat?

You look like you eat carbs.

My diet is relatively low in carbs, looking at MFP generally 50 to 80 grams a day or so, once a week or so it's closer to 100 grams.

Oats, eggs, cheese, sometimes potatoes and chicken.

It'll go eventually. Could do more core exercises to try and make the muscle more prominent

You can be low BF and still be chubby. It's called skinnyfat. You need to start lifting to actually look good.

Get the fuck out here lmao.
What really matters for weight loss is CICO. And weight lifting is essential if you don’t want to look like a degenerate skinny far guy after losing weight. And losing 10 kg is no success. Come back again when you weight 75 kg

I have almost the exact same measurements. 15 BF% still isn't that great actually, it's still enough fat to hide your abs if your body stores fat mostly there. I strive to lose until 70kg and reach at least 11 BF%

>tfw finally broke the plateau

Feels good bros

Replace chicken with beef. Ditch the oats and potatoes. Eat more whole eggs.

Im curious.

Im 6 foot flat, and 238 pounds. I mention to everyone that I want to hit 200 pounds and everyone says I'm gonna be too skinny.

If I hit 200 and still have moobs, a gut, love handles, etc should I stop my cut, eat at maintenance and just focus on building muscle? Surely I'd lose fat and gain muscle at maintenance right?

Attached: 1526289428268.jpg (327x447, 32.92K)

This is why BF% is a better metric rather than actual weight. If you get to 12/14% bodyfat whatever that weight is you shouldn't have a gut or moobs.
If you did you're higher than 18% so yes continue the cut until they are gone.
If you're a beginner at lifting then yes you'll gain muscle and lose fat at maintenance but eventually you'll stall and will need a small surplus to continue to build muscle.

there's no reason why you couldn't start building muscle right now while losing weight

Can I get a second opinion on my bf%? My smart scale says my bf% is 17.4%, the calc in op says 20%, and I think I look pretty similar to the 26-28% body in the op

5'8 152.5lbs

Attached: 20220524_080545.jpg (747x1414, 196.01K)

I would have guessed about 21%, definitely not 26-28.

I think around 20 is a pretty good guess yeah.

Don't forget to drink water. And:
WAGMI

Attached: 1647137621073.jpg (125x111, 8.07K)

I know keto is 25g or less, but what's considered "low carb", 100g or less?