Just a reminder

There are no scientific studies that prove smoking causes cancer.
Its all observational.
Think about that.

Attached: gettyimages-476551312_custom-73c6fc1a7b2c8c1bd61d404f0ff8350da5e39f20.jpg (4496x3000, 2.88M)

Other urls found in this thread:

pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/?term=smoking
pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/29054888/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

it's strictly genes, if your parents or grandpapas got it then youll get it

This is a blatant lie.
Also quitting smoking is like signing an insurance: it fucks you up for like a month (thats how long the withdrawal goes), but at the same time it reduces the risk of developping a medical condition that fucks you up for years.
Of course you can say "nah, the withdrawal is not worth it!" and continue to smoke, yet that is the exact same thought pattern landwhales have when they say "the diet is not worth it!" and continue to eat.
Are you a white man, who takes responsibility, or are you a nigger who only thinks short-term? You decide.

Show me the studies. You can't.

40 different molecules have been tested onr ats that have the same cellular house keeping machinery that we do and they got cacner, in probably several thousand studies.

Smoking is based but fuck off

With strong + consistent enough observational studies that are continuously replicated + no confounding factors that explain the correlations + experimental evidence of causitive mechanisms, then you have enough evidence to state with a high degree of certainty that behaviour X has effect Y.
And even if it didn't cause cancer, it almost certainly causes COPD + emphysema and loads your blood with carbon monoxide, reducing the oxygen carrying capacity of your blood AND the rate at which the lungs can exchange gases.

Attached: healthy-lung-smokers-lung-2BEFG68.jpg (1300x1118, 135.3K)

Like I said, its all observation.

my grandmother was in her 70's puffing on a cigarette and telling the nurses to fuck off while on oxygen and dying of lung cancer lmao
>anti smoking anons gtfo

>animal testing
Yeah, I don't give a shit. They probably deprived them of food and sleep, cut their nuts off, force smoked them double their body weight in tobacco, and then drowned them for good measure. Those fuckers just like to practice torture. They're not proving anything.

pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/?term=smoking

then why dont u shoot urself with a shotgun? there were never studies if they kill u, its all just observation

I don’t need a study to tell me that putting shit through your lungs that isn’t air is a bad idea. Besides, every smoker I’ve ever seen has shit breathing, always coughing and shit, they develop those raspy voices, and they look older. I don’t need a study to realize I don’t want to be like those people.

I smoked half a pack a day and I felt miserable throughout (smoked actively for 5 years). I quit more than 7 months ago and my skin looks better, my lungs/throat feel better and the quality of my life is just better. Sure that's "observational" and not objective, but it is what it is.

incase anyone's in doubt, this guy is baiting u into becoming unhealthier, there are countless studies on both animals and humans on what smoking does to the body as well as observations, we also understand what happens when the smoke gets into the body/lungs etc

I can already tell there is no point engaging you further.
Yes, the evidence against smoking is primarily observational studies, but observational studies are not worthless or meaningless. One observational study may not mean much by itself, but once you have dozens, and then hundreds, of observational studies all showing the same results regardless of time and place, when confounding factors don't explain the results, and when this is paired with experimental studies of individual causitive mechanisms (such as exposing lung tissues to tobacco smoke), then you can state with reasonable confidence that the conclusions of the observational studies were accurate.

Inb4 you reply with "it's just observation" you're not here to discuss anything. You have already made your mind up, either because you like smoking and you want to convince yourself that it isn't a risk to your health, or because you have a pathological need to feel like you're more enlightened than the average person for seeing through "the lies about smoking".

You are a pathetic individual and I think you should smoke as much as possible and I hope when you inevitably develop a respiratory disease or cancer that you remember the abject nonsense you used to post online
>b-but *cough* the studies were *wheeze* observational...
>ACK
Dont (You) me you dumb faggot

Attached: 1653065314955.jpg (482x460, 49.19K)

This is a bot thread, you used my picture from a Any Forums thread

Bro science at its best.
Just admit you're coping cause you don't wanna quit ciggies and create arguments why they are good for you. Been there to but ultimately did the right thing. Life's not supposed to be this easy.

smoking is genetics

Since OP is a nigger who thinks he can bait us, drop redpills on cancer sticks. Smoking lurkers could use them to re-evaluate their current situation.

Attached: Smoking_lung_cancer.png (1080x913, 74.89K)

Haha yeah I smoke about 20 genetics a day, or 40 genetics when I drink

Attached: pjPxh8FcRHpHpF1NtDhrdfusr1Cwc40mYcAev3vp_bk.jpg (1158x1000, 132.05K)

I observed it

oh he dont like animal testing, guess what all of fudnamntal biological science is done on animal models you retard and your generalizing statements on animal testing from PETA faggots has nothing to do with how cancer research is done you could literally use a single cell and prove a substance is cancerous and it would still be correct if it's an evolutionary conserved mechanism especially if you can support it with a good populationwide study. SOmething like smoking works perfect it's either yes or no and not a diet survey where people lie and cheat

Based and seconded

Ive had several reasons to quit smoking, but my most important one was that I like perfume (wearing Dior Sauvage Edp daily).
Before my addiction, Ive been told like once a week that I smell good, mostly by women.
When I have started to smoke, and still wore the perfume, those comments disappeared.
Now I smell awesome again, and getting mired so often. Feels better than a cigarette would, and makes the withdrawal so worth it.

OP is from jidf, daily campaign to target the productive boards of this site,
They always start each post with cheesy Any Forums language like "daily reminder that whatever societywide known fact is actually wrong!" and since the Any Forums shizo brain already thinks that normies are always wrong and some retard user has all the answers they actually get people to believe their shit

>muh genetics
pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/29054888/
>Lung cancer, genetic predisposition and smoking: the Nordic Twin Study of Cancer

>Methods: Four Nordic twin cohorts (43 512 monozygotic (MZ) and 71 895 same sex dizygotic (DZ) twin individuals) had smoking data before cancer diagnosis. We used time-to-event analyses accounting for censoring and competing risk of death to estimate incidence, concordance risk and heritability of liability to develop lung cancer by smoking status.
>Results: During a median of 28.5 years of follow-up, we recorded 1508 incident lung cancers. Of the 30 MZ and 28 DZ pairs concordant for lung cancer, nearly all were current smokers at baseline and only one concordant pair was seen among never smokers. Among ever smokers, the case-wise concordance of lung cancer, that is the risk before a certain age conditional on lung cancer in the co-twin before that age, was significantly increased compared with the cumulative incidence for both MZ and DZ pairs.
> Among smoking discordant pairs, the pairwise HR for lung cancer of the ever smoker twin compared to the never smoker co-twin was 5.4 (95% CI 2.1 to 14.0) in MZ pairs and 5.0 (95% CI 3.2 to 7.9) in DZ pairs.
>Conclusions: The contribution of familial effects appears to decrease by age. The discordant pair analysis confirms that smoking causes lung cancer.

The last study I read on cigarettes and mice literally had them smoke their bodyweight in tobacco. That's not relevant to me until I'm smoking thousands of packs a day. They get so caught up in torturing the little bastards that they forget to do anything useful. It doesn't take a fucking vegetarian to tell them to fuck off with their torture journals. I will never care about your studies.