There's lots of video evidence of injury and death from bench pressing but nobody says not to bench press

>there's lots of video evidence of injury and death from bench pressing but nobody says not to bench press
>there's lots of video evidence of serious injury from squatting, but nobody says not to squat
>there's shitloads of video evidence of people getting seriously injured doing olympic lifts

>there's literally ZERO VIDEO EVIDENCE of a barbell deadlift causing a SPINAL (not muscular) injury, yet lots of people say deadlifts are very dangerous to the spine

Why is this? Surely if it were true, in this age of everyone filming everything, we would have video evidence of it by now?

Attached: deadlift form check 2.webm (202x360, 735.79K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6059276/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

saw a dude on tiktok slip a disk pulling 455, he had an x ray and everything
he was some asian dude

you try to speak with authority but you're just some faggot on a gay sex messaging board who just admitted he's a fucking moron
go fuck yourself, moron

dont bench, dip
dont squat to depth
do romanian deadlifts and dont try to rush heavy weight on the bar
never do oly lifts

Benching and squatting to depth can rip your labrum. Deadlifting puts your body in a biomechanically disadvantaged position at the bottom, which is where injury happens. Oly lifts are explosive type 2 fiber exercises for a musculature that is primarily type 1 fibers.

Seething powerfatty detected.

show video evidece

I do each lift and do not care about injuries enough. Then again I always use a mind muscle connection because im a bodybuilder first and foremost.

can't show any videos, it just requires knowledge of kinesiology, rates of labral tears among athletes, and basic muscle physiology.

Based dadbod safelifter

no.

>can't show any videos,
hmmm, I wonder why

talking about spinal injuries specifically here.

Furthermore "knowledge" in the field is heavily tainted by """knowledge""" that deadlifting is inherently dangerous.
Actual real world evidence suggests otherwise.

Why would I? To inform you? I want to keep you stupid and afraid. It's funny.

>nooooo you HAVE to deadlift, the (((science))) says so
Kys
>verification not required

it takes sophisticated fluoroscopy to show bone injuries as they happen, and there is no real time way of seeing soft tissue be injured during a certain lift or even stress put on that tissue.

>why is this
its a self-perpetuating meme, sedentary crabs yell this at newfags, newfags develop an anxiety over lower back pain and think they literally broke their back after they feel their spinal erectors work for the first time in their lives, then they become sedentary crabs too

>there's literally ZERO VIDEO EVIDENCE of a barbell deadlift causing a SPINAL (not muscular) injury
shit bait

A high proportion of the injuries among powerlifters seem to occur during performance of the squat, bench press and deadlift exercise.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6059276/

Earlier studies that have reported injury incidence and prevalence among powerlifters,as well as questionnaire studies, have shown that many injuries are training related: subelite to elite lifters report that 22%–32% of their injuries are related to the squat, 18%–46% to the bench press and 12%–31% to the deadlift exercise. Furthermore, it has been described that injuries are of both acute and overload character, but overuse injuries are more frequent.

>never do oly lifts
Snatchlets exposing themselves yet again.

what maximally builds muscle is not conducive to long term joint health

You can get away with form mistakes on squat and bench and be fine, but with deadlift you need to be more mindful, so there's a perception that the deadlift is much more technical and dangerous (which I guess is true, but overblown).
The kinds of people too scared to deadlift aren't going to find the courage to attempt olympic lifts, so they complain only about the deadlift which they are more familiar with.

God, of course those exercises produce the most injuries, if they're the most popular, and done multiple times a week by everybody. You're bound to have an accident if you squat 2x week, every week.

>powerlifters are people who mainly focus on progressing squat, bench press and deadlift
>they get hurt doing squats, bench presses and deadlifts
Truly astonishing insights there

Attached: 1591115775608.jpg (410x347, 31.01K)

Muscles protect the joints they surround. When muscles are fatigued, they stop protecting those joints they surround. Form breakdown always happens during fatigue. When you are at end range on a lift and your muscles are fatigued, you loose muscle tone in that range of motion, which means the joint is taking the load instead of your muscles. If you are training properly, you are overloading the muscles and producing significant fatigue. This translates to injury and most injuries happen at end ranges of motion, when the elbows are behind the body in a bench press, when your hips and knees are completely flexed during a deadlift or a squat.

Well powerlifting as a sport revolves around those three lifts so yea, when you're moving the sheer amount of weight competitive lifters do injuries will occur. You're absolutely right.

Can you post a link? I really want to see his form

One bad deadlift will not damage your back.