Console wars aside, why can't they grow their audience? it seems like they've become stagnant when it comes to growth

console wars aside, why can't they grow their audience? it seems like they've become stagnant when it comes to growth.

Attached: 0eb6a8562d3fa59dfe7833633ecf5518.png (850x423, 28.98K)

terrible booking

They pander to smarks and not casual audiences

no one wants to see 5'7 goofs doing ballet routines

Attached: 1659583916368455.jpg (670x720, 114.53K)

the only way they're going to be able to get new people to watch is by bringing in someone like John Cena, Brock Lesnar, Roman Reigns or The Rock on some kind of special appearance thing. They can't keep trying to just appeal to the hardcore smark audience, because they're not even a majority of the wrestling audience. They're a niche of a niche, a minority of a minority and they don't matter in the grand scheme of things because they'll all watch anyways.

Because wrestling is on the way out. WWE sometimes manages to get lapsed fans back to watching and increasing the number of viewers for a while, but AEW doesn't have that pool of former fans that could be baited with nostalgia. Everyone is trying to hold on to their share of an ever dwindling community of people who have nothing better to do.

so long as Tony keeps booking guys because they had some buzz in the indies years ago they aren't getting any new fans

The only people who could possibly like modern wrestling are people conditioned to understand the tropes by watching much better wrestling years earlier. Genuinely try sitting down with a group of guys in their 20s and try sitting through aew. I live on campus and I've tried and it's fucking embarrassing

>console wars aside
>muh growth
Only infinite growth is considered success to brain dead fucks like you.

>people having an actual discussion
>triggered cultist can't handle it
stay in your containment threads, adults are talking here.

Because the moment Tony gets any sort of buzz he pisses it away with coldshotted, poorly-booked shows like pic related the Dynamite after Punk debuted

Attached: 1648554970930.png (769x669, 41.01K)

this is true. if you watch aew with someone who isn't a long time wrestling fan, it's absolutely embarrassing. try to put yourself in the shoes of someone who didn't watch before and can't contextualize what is happening on the show, and it's absolutely retarded.

You need valid arguments in a discussion retard.

go away, child.

Because their product is stagnant and lacks vision

I don't even remember that happening. what was he thinking?

I really do like AEW, but If I had to sit someone through a wwe ppv or an aew ppv I'd pick wwe. They spoon food their audience with video packages so you really don't have to explain shit past one or two questions

So basically the business is too far up its own ass? People in the know wrestling other people in the know in front of a crowd in the know for a TV audience in the know and the recognition of podcasters and journalists in the know.

Because it's a smark pandering shitfest with Meltzer mark at helm

Pretty much. It's what is dumb about HHH taking over in WWE. he likes too much of the winking to smarks shit too. Not as bad as Tony Khan, but more than Vince did.

>endless debuts
>endless title belts
>endless RoH shit
>endless specialty matches
>endless blading
>endless faction shenanigans

when you do this shit every week it loses meaning

yeah. nothing is a hotshot if you hotshot every week

They cater to their hardcores but avoid doing things that will cater to casual or not as invested wrestling fans

fpbp