Shoulder tendinitis

Let's talk shoulder tendinitis and overrall rotator cuff injuries. Any experience dealing with them?
I've been dealing with rotator cuff tendinitis for the past couple of months, probably as the result of a lack of proper warmup before lifting and pushing heavy presses too hard. I stopped lifting, at least for upper body, three weeks ago after seeing a doctor, and with that as well as ice and some band exercises, like external rotation, it's feeling better, but the swelling and discomfort are still not completely gone.
Any tips on how to deal with this issue and on how to approach going back to lifting once I'm pain free?

Attached: 13203-shoulder-tendinitis.jpg (250x250, 33.02K)

See a dr, chiro, or pt. Get regimen. Do that.
It takes weeks to months to recover. Sucks. Best of luck.

Did it to myself when i was a teen. 15 years later, still working with it. I didnt lift for a decade because of this. Dont do what i did.

currently have a lingering rotator cuff problem wherein I impinge it when I do overhead press. my OHP maxes out at ~135x5 and I'm generally a strong person otherwise. it's infuriating.

these days I just avoid the lift and do accessory work to strengthen the muscles around the shoulder until I can afford PT because american

Thanks man. Yeah, I've seen a doctor and I'm following a treatment but it looks like it's going to take at least a few more weeks until the discomfort is gone. I reintroduced very light vertical pressing a couple of days ago and it went alright, so that's a good sign I think.

Yeah, from what I've heard you want to keep moving the joint as long as it's not too painful. Hope you can overcome it man
That sucks. Hope it gets better once you see a PT. You could maybe try some band stuff prior to your workouts and off days in the meantime, maybe that'll help. Check out AlphaDestiny's video on how to bulletproof your shoulders

They prescribed me bands. Used them for a bit then went to doing them on cable machine. Better scaling of weight and effort.

>keep moving the joint
Yep. Look up encapsulated shoulder.
Gotta keep it moving.

Band facepulls, external rotation, pull aparts, dislocations and rows can be very helpful. Also dead hangs seem to help as well. I've been doing a few minutes of those every day for these past few weeks

OP here. Do you guys think that applying heat can be helpful too? So far I've been applying ice only

face pulls and dead hangs help me a lot.

i dont know if this is stupid or not but ive been doing this for a couple days and it seems to help too. i get my lightest resistant band, step on it, and do a lot of partial lateral raises, like the bottom half of the raise, and i do them somewhat quickly to get a lot of blood in it. then ill do a full raise and hold it at the top for as long as i can. just a regular lateral raise, i dont rotate my hand internally or externally, just palm straight down to the ground at the top.

idk that helps my shoulder, just make sure your shoulders arent rounded forward if you do it

Band/Cable work will fix most problems.
I've found that there's about 3 useful movements.
One where your arm is up and your elbow is at a 90 degree angle. One where your arm is down and your shoulder is neutral. And the last one is where you internally rotate the shoulder. I drew pic rel to help

Attached: Rotator cuff exercises.png (1152x648, 10.27K)

Everything I've been told and read tells me no heat. Ice only.

Thanks user. I've been doing pretty similar movements and they seem to have helped quite a bit. I guess it's a matter of patience too

Pt isn't expensive. Just go to a clinic and get an initial evaluation for $50, and $40 thereafter to meet with your therapist for a session. Pt sessions for shoulders are 2x a week and give you work to do at home. If you're young something like that takes 8 weeks and lots of patience. So just get an eval, and tell your therapist you want to have a session and see how things are progressing once a month.

I've been having issues with my left shoulder for years. Used to have light pain even with no stimuli/lifting. Lifting and doing corrective shoulder work got rid of that but my shoulder still gets fucked up from benching, no matter how much I pull my shoulderblades together. Always some fucking tendon that gets annoyed. However, not pressing overhead. OHP is much safer than benching, so look at that too. Anyone experiences the same?

If you have tight shoulders (shoulder impingement) you are kinda fucked. No amount of rehab will change your shoulder bone structure. You can strengthen your rotator cuff to handle more stress from friction at shoulder bone and you can improve your posture to avoid more friction while lifting your arm. Just saying it will never be as good ad new.

1. You need to grow your external rotators (Teres Minor and Infraspinatus). This will keep your shoulders from rounding inwards and their hypertrophy will increase the subacromial space, reducing impingement.

2. You need to keep good posture in general. If you have kyphosis or forward head syndrome, start working on it. I recommend chin tucks, wall angels, thoracic rotations, and other general thoracic stretches.

3. Rest and heal until it is recovered or you will enter a viscous cycle until you tear your supraspinatus.

4. When you are back in the gym, warm up your rotator cuffs with band pull-aparts or cable external rotations. When exercising, especially all pushing movements and vertical pulling movements, make sure your scapular is retracted and depressed. This will stop you from impinging your supraspinatus.
Best wishes user, I hope you play it smart so you can keep training long-term.

I did Facepulls after push and pull day
also used pull ups as my main back lift
Never had a shoulder problem since then

*vicious cycle kek
Forgot to mention, for external rotators do 3x15 band pull-aparts once or twice a day for best results. Keep your lats tight as you do them.

>fixes you
nothin personnel kid
(also face pulls)

Attached: kettlebell-standing-bottoms-up-one-arm-shoulder-press.jpg (400x400, 39.09K)

You’re likely not dealing with rotator cuff issues, but ligament tears that are symptomatic