Ultrarunning Thread

Am I seriously the only runner here? If not, show me your shoes or something. What's the longest race you've done? I did 96 miles in a 24hr race. Not super-super impressive but i still feel good about it. 3 marathons and a shitload of 5ks and 10ks too. Runner thread?

Attached: IMG_20220429_152137_319.jpg (3120x3120, 650.35K)

long distance running is shit for your body and is also gay & retarded

Post body

Lol if you say so

Attached: 83479328.jpg (2675x3972, 1.5M)

AHHH IM FOOKIN ROOOOOOONING

Attached: dyels.png (1250x828, 772.82K)

I just did 6 miles, i dont think ive ever done more than 9 point something at a time though. I definitely wanna try a 10k one of these days and maybe even a half marathon but 26 miles just seems like too much. And i love rooning

he's right tho. A marathon is already a pretty long distance, going beyond that is asking for trouble. A select few manage to maintain their joints in decent shape, but most ultra-marathoners end up with wrecked knees in their forties. Also at those distances you are almost required to be a dyel or you are greatly gimping yourself with unnecessary weight (plus more mass = even more stress on the joints)

I've seen too many old people out there running to think that it's as bad for the human body as you say. Plus there's a lot of scientific evidence showing that running moderate to long distances is good for you if you are safe and consistent about it. Any sport taken to the absolute extreme presents a risk but that's kind of part of the appeal. I could just as easily make an argument that lifting ridiculous weight, taking steroids, obsessing over body image, putting on size, cutting/bulking, etc. can be just as bad if not worse for you. In the end we're all going to die, right?

sure that's a good point, long distance running is pretty similarly unhealthy to roiding and lifting too hard on your body

6 miles is just under 10k, so you've almost done it already

What's your fastest 6 mile pace/time?

Did the London 100km (Thames Path Challenge). Its alright to do it once to see that you can do it. Did it in a little under 15hours.
Not gonna do these runs again because it costs money. Will probably run London to Brighton in early autumn, but just stop at local places for drinks/food.

yeah I was talking exclusively about doing 100km+ runs and things like that, running more moderately still has the huge cardio benefits but much lower risks. Old men that have kept regularly doing cardio like hiking, running, swimming or cycling are almost always wayy fitter than the average and can still properly enjoy life in their eighties

I'm not going to say that running ultra distances is necessarily good for the human body but it's great for the mind and a whole lot better than what I was doing before I started running i. E. Drinking, sitting around, eating crap, and being skinny fat, you know, being lazy. I enjoy the challenge and it's fun. Not sure what else to say.

go for it my dude, I find people that do those kind of distances very impressive both physically and mentally (have you ever heard about the Self-Transcendence 3100 miles race?), just be aware that it's an extreme activity with its set of risks

>ultrarunning
i like running but ultrarunning is a very low tier sport imo. you could just run a couple miles a day, fuck, run a lot of miles. sport is about technique, training, athleticism, competition etc. why not work on a fast paced beautiful stride as opposed to punishing your body and wasting endless hours barely lifting your feet off the ground, pussyfooting at a 15 min mile pace looking like fucking ellie weisel...

>but most ultra-marathoners end up with wrecked knees in their forties.
Source: I made it up

Look it up yourself faggot, I'm not going to link articles and peer reviewed research on every post I make to help out you pseud redditors. Use your own fucking brain for once in your life

Ultras are the province of inadequate marathoners, and marathons are the province of 5k/10k track runners past their peak speed. Even the mile is 80% aerobic if not more. Competition longer than 10k is nonsense.