/fat/ - Fat loss general

Do It For the Ducks Edition.

>Who is /fat/ for?
For flour powered fatties who are working towards a better physique through meaningful hard-work, strategy, and dedication.This is not QTDDTOT, stick to questions on fat loss. Post height and weight when asking for advice.
Join our Fatty Contest: fattycontest.com/

>What do I do first?
1. Read physiqonomics.com/fat-loss/
2. Calculate your Body Fat Percentage: fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy
3. Calculate your TDEE: sailrabbit.com/bmr/
Remember to use bodyfat% and use Katch-McArdle Formula with sedentary settings or your TDEE will be too high.
4. Plan your weight loss: losertown.org/eats/cal.php
5. Track your nutrition with MyFitnessPal (better for packaged food), Cronometer (better for generic food/macros) or LoseIt (great for both).

>Now what?
Count calories, all of them.
Eat about 500-1000 less calories than your TDEE.
Buy scales, be accurate.
Learn to cook. Try to stick to lean protein and green vegetables.
Eat a lot of protein. 1g per lb of goal lean body mass.
Doing cardio, even just walking, will improve your health. There is no such thing as a healthy fat heart, but you can offset the risks.
Lifting weights will keep and gain muscle mass and burn fat much quicker. No lifting results in the body burning away muscle AND fat.
Drink more water.
Read the Any Forums sticky: liamrosen.com/fitness.html

>DON'T
Eat refined sugars, they're terrible for you regardless of calories.
Eat processed foods.
Drink your calories (alcohol, soda, starbucks).
Freak out over a weight loss stall. Plateaus can last up to three weeks.
"Reward" yourself. Cheat days cheat only yourself.
Be a retard.

>Other resources:
Loose skin, gyno & stretch marks: weight-loss-side-effects.netlify.app/
Reddit wiki: reddit.com/r/loseit/wiki/faq
Previous Thread:

Attached: EkyMB9LVgAAq56R.jpg (2048x1152, 294.62K)

I'm 120lbs and 5'0, how do I lose 30lbs in 20 weeks without killing myself? I'm thinking a double-ADF fasting routine where I fast for two days and eat at maintenance for one; repeat. Also for regular CICO, do I really need to eat 900/100kcals (TDEE-1400) to achieve a regular 500kcal deficit everyday? I feel like death when I do.

Attached: 1651605601217.jpg (774x630, 126.07K)

aim for losing 20lbs and gaining 10lbs of muscle mass, you'll look much better instead of just going for that skinnyfat anachan look

Wouldn't gaining 10lbs of muscle take me longer than 20 weeks? I was planning on bulking afterwards, but I want to lose everything by September.

>down 12.85kg
WAGMI folks!

Attached: 1652414620270.jpg (2048x1150, 330.24K)

you COULD do that, but you could also lift while eating a high protein diet at a slight deficit and go for body recomping while losing weight. mind you, this'll only work if you're a complete beginner at lifting. is there a reason you want to lose it all in 20 weeks or is that just a time limit you've set for yourself?

Ducks return!
WAGMI

Attached: 1651793942555.jpg (2048x1152, 349.47K)

>6 foot
>243 pounds
>want to hit a flat 200
>these last 40 pounds are difficult as shit to drop
>eating 1500 calories every day
>working out 6 days a week

I weigh everything to the gram. What should I do fellas?

Attached: 1504109071710.jpg (1200x1200, 724.51K)

Be patient.

Persist, user!
Only a few more months!
You can do it!

Eat more fiber

>Don't fat!
kek

Fatty Contest
ShortDickDixon

wait?

How often do you weigh yourself? Weekly?

Doesn't sound like that bad of an idea, desu. I've never acquired any muscle mass before, yes, so it may be a little risky. After the 20 weeks, I'll be in no rush. And I want to look good for when classes start again, also I've found giving myself a deadline works better out in the long term.

Fatty contest
Blobfag
95.5 kg

Monday morning after piss and shit. Started weighing myself daily, was retarded, varied up to +/-5lb during the week. It's the trend that counts.

Hey there anons. After a really social weekend eating outside and drinking I’m back to dieting today and I will not weigh myself until tomorrow. The worst part is that I’m still sick with a cough and mucus that is fucking up my sleep schedule so I was too tired to go the gym today.

Nevertheless I’m confident tomorrow I will feel better and I’ll try to smash some PRs as I did yesterday. WAGMI bros

Attached: fit_1649914169055.jpg (225x225, 19.13K)

I'm 5'11 and 135lbs. I'm lifting hard but I still want to lose some bodyfat, you still can barely see my abs. My BMI is still healthy but I'm approaching underweight territory soon, need to work on my chest because you can start to see my ribs. How much bf could I realistically lose before entering skelly mode?

Daily

dumb