Lead up tanked AEW's ratings and they still haven't recovered

>Lead up tanked AEW's ratings and they still haven't recovered
>G1 has lowest interest in recent years
>Only memorable match was Ospreay/OC which could have easily just happened on IMPACT or Rev pro
Is it time to admit that FORBIDDEN DOOR was a failure

Attached: u89tmljg5u791.0.jpg (1200x800, 233.69K)

midpact is fucking irrelevant garbage

It's all Jim Cornette's fault.

>edrones still seething about getting left out
you guys got mickie james remember?

Forbidden Door was a great show and a financial success so it wasn't a failure

AEW didn't manage a milly 10 weeks before Forbidden Door, and the only milly since Forbidden Door was directly after the buildup at the end of that PPV.
More interest than the previous two years.

more like the Formidden door amirite lol

AEW's been #1 almost every week since Forbidden Door, so it's clearly not hurting them that much
They fucked with the format, the line-ups are all shit, Wrestle Kingdom is two nights and they fucked with the briefcase in 2020. People don't care about the G1 because New Japan spent the last two years brutally stripping out everything that made it special and now it's just a tour with a bunch of midcarders and occasionally a star comes out to wrestle one of the midcarders.

no milly?

nah you are

>the line-ups are all shit
>it's just a tour with a bunch of midcarders and occasionally a star comes out to wrestle one of the midcarders.
Better than AEW in both booking and match quality

ok how u know?

they're the most consistent Us promotion this year when it comes to match quality.

yeah consistently shit

Sure, whatever, it's better than AEW. I just miss when the G1 Climax was the most exciting time of the year and it sucks seeing what it's turned into.

but enough about you.

nah thats u

>I just miss when the G1 Climax was the most exciting time of the year
Still is. Over 15 great matches already, as well as some fun comedy stuff thrown in. And there's still 8 shows left.

Name 'em.

you vs deodorant is a big one im looking forward too

I rest my case.

Okada v Cobb, Taichi v Ishii, Ospreay v Phantasmo, Ospreay v Finlay, Yoshi v Juice, Finlay v Juice, White v Ishii, Zack v Kenta, Zack v Tanahashi, Zack v Henare, Takagi v Yoshi, Sanada v Taichi, Tanahashi v Naito, Goto v Henare, Lawlor v Jonah, Sanada v White

Tony doesn’t know how to book or build up PPVs even though he had months in between them to do so. The ufc is genuinely better at hyping matches and creating stories than Tony. AEW has great matches but terrible stories

>Impact thinking it could get anyone on the starpower level of Willy or Cassidy

>Yoshi-hashi vs-
>Sanada vs White

You are reaching so hard with some of these, man. GREAT matches? Compared to past G1s? Really?

>disliking Yoshi-Hashi
ngmi

>Getting filtered by Yoshi-Hashi
How I immediately know you cut your cock off and haven't watched any New Japan in years

I'm reaching with exactly 0 of them. They're all great matches.
>Compared to past G1s?
You asked me for great matches and these are great matches. No other company is having these many great matches in this short a span right now. Yeah, if you compare it to peak G1 like 2013 or 2017, the match quality isn't as high. That's not what you asked for, though. I'm not saying this is the best G1 ever or even close to that.