SSRIs and antidepressants

I am generally depressed, and I have fallen into binge drinking and bulimia as coping mechanisms. I saw the doctor this week and he prescribed me Lexapro (Escitalopram). I haven't gotten the pills yet, as after reading up I'm very worried about the side effects. On the other hand, I feel like I'm very much at the end of my rope and need something.

Does Any Forums have any experience with this stuff?

Attached: 1-lexapro.jpg (400x500, 14.81K)

Other urls found in this thread:

raypeat.com/articles/articles/serotonin-depression-aggression.shtml
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

in my experience taking lexapro and zoloft were more for anxiety, and what they did is they "leveled" my highs and lows to this monotonous emotion level. Wasn't a fan. Plus it's not a drug that's instantly effective. Takes a few weeks to get effects which can lead to false placebo (thinking nothing has changed). SSRI's in general effect people very differently though, for some they're a lot more effective

Is bulimia the ultimate cutting hack?

You might be in for 6 months of emptiness, not sure Lexapro is like that too but antidepressants take a while to kick in. Common side effects usually include loss of libido/sexual function, overall numbness, inability to drink alcohol and overall becoming an NPC.

>Does Any Forums have any experience with this stuff?
depends on the dose but you will probably get ED from them

do not take ssris and fuck with your brain. docs have no clue about serotonin...it is not a happy drug in fact you should be trying to lower your serotonin as much as possible.

raypeat.com/articles/articles/serotonin-depression-aggression.shtml

OP you can safely ignore everything written by Ray Peat retards, it's 100% pseudoscience

peatards is the preferred terminology

i have some experience with ssri's.
mirtazapine: 85/95lb-110lb
lexapro/buspirone: 113lb
overall people who fearmonger about ssri's didnt need them in the first place. if you have brain issues they will help. I've never experienced any sort of personality or really big emotional difference. still have the same libido, still can get drunk, ect.

my formerly average size gf got lexapro prescribed to herself somehow. She has just absolutely blown up like Violet Bearegarde in Willy Wonka's factory ever since. Unfortunately she's such a brainwashed retard she refuses to stop taking it. I don't even know how the hell she got it in the first place, she's never been through anything remotely traumatic or difficult.

Try wellbutrin before SSRIs. It doesn't have the side-effects of SSRIs and can help pull you out from a depressive loop. Before I tried it in high school, I'm not sure how I even existed.

My wife got put on Lexapro. Makes her horny af and clean everything. I love it. But when she skips or forgets a dose she turns into a raging bitch and has random crying fits like she's pmsing.

It has its own nasty side effects. It turned me into a sex crazed, sleep deprived, skelly. I couldn't eat on it, couldn't sleep on it, and was the ultimate coomer. It's basically meth

Lexapro+ wellbutrin combo worked for me. In my case im clinically depressed and my brain chemistry is truely fucked, wish i couldve taken it sooner. Worst side effect i saw is gaining weight and having ultra realistic dreams

Attached: ABF30BAF-BCCC-4379-BB05-2DF52FCE964A.png (1366x624, 743.15K)

Do not take lexapro. I took it for about a year and was worse off after I took it than before. Pushing 2 years later I’m just now recovering to the person I used to be, would not fucking recommend under any circumstance unless you are on the verge of suicide.

i've been on escitalopram, sertraline, venlafaxine, and vortioxetine, they all did absolutely 0 for me in the 6-8 weeks i were on each of them, benzo is arguably the only thing that did anything for me, but its 10x worse than any of those so gl

I would rather kms than turn my brain into unrepairable mush with those. You do you. I would recommend fixing yourself some other way. Because once you take those your brain will never recover.

Yes, they worked well for me. No side effects. Got swole on them and had a kid.

Also, NEVER take mental health advice from Any Forums u fucking tard

Nigga… a lot of us have been on these medications, I don’t think it’s a bad idea he takes advice from people who have actually taken this shit vs some Jew retard doctor who won’t tell you the downsides and will write you a script in 20 minutes

I took St. John's Wort and it helped a lot. Don't take it with any other SSRIs though, that's a very bad idea.

>needs heavy drugs to not feel sad and get out of bed
Why would anyone listen to ANYONE like YOU for ANY advice