Is it really better than conventional DLs?

Is it really better than conventional DLs?

Attached: hexbar.jpg (2000x1500, 327.44K)

The trap bar is, but the low handles. More ROM than a normal deadlift, doesn't hit your knees, easier to grip, easier to keep back straight, better for high reps. jfl if you're still barbell deadlifting

if you have issues with the back, sure

it's called a trap bar because it shrinks your penis

Nope

It's better for strength though

No. The handles are not even close to your center of gravity. Trap bars are for faggots and niggers

interesting question, proceed gents
ive only ever done deadlifts

DLs aren't functional though. Trapbar also requires non-twink arms.

> (OP)
Wrong. It was invented during a performance on a pub full of trans people.

>deadlift
>Not functional
You are infinitely more likely to pick something up those more closely resembles a conventional deadlift that a trap bar deadlift.

try it out and see how it feels. if it feels better for you than it is

You'd be better off doing conventional DLs are some straight bar variant.
>more rom
Why would you have an easier time keeping your back straight when pulling from an even lower position? Like...what. That doesn't even make sense.

High handles save your lower back and it's good for farmer walks.

If any fatass "ackshually" retard in these forums ever lifted anything heavy for a purpose they would understand that sumo DL is the ONLY DL variation there is for functional strength.

Ironic how so many cry about sumo because "it allows you to lift more..." As if that wasn't the entire point of doing exercises for functional strength.

yep it does my miles

Don't listen to this reason. Make rippletits proud and hurt yourself.

I do not understand how it's better. It's an unstable deadlift because it doesn't support itself on your shins for stability. I see no logical reason why it's "safer" either besides everyone doing bitch weight. Like everyone saying it's good here is probably sub 3pl8
t. 475lb deadlift

I'm 455 DL and I switched to Trapbar

No it's not better. The fact the bar is in front of you on a conventional dl means it's more of a hip hinge & so works your glutes, hamstrings & lower back harder. Trap bar works your quads harder, but the problem there is that you could simply work your quads even harder with squats or leg press or hacksquat.

I thought the trap bar deadlift is closer to a deadlift than a squat though? Have I been lied to?

i mean.. learn to set your back in extension
deadlift to train theback right?if that is the goal then dont settle for a fucking vertical back angle like a trap bar creates

just cope for not being able to set your spine into normal extension under load

I am a certified PT. It's WAYYYY better than trad deadlift.
Better for your back, your wrist and you can lift heavier. Only benefits, no downsides.

The most underrated exercise there is.