WCW’s biggest mistake was bringing in Cruserweights...

WCW’s biggest mistake was bringing in Cruserweights. It opened the door for the flippy shit style in the USA when people used to be content with standard wrestling.

Attached: CC3069F5-A6E5-4378-B503-1167B81CB577.jpg (1192x750, 268.41K)

>Real wrestling is fat bald old guys putting headlocks on each other until they die of heart attacks in the ring
>REAL MEN like Larry Zybisco in the AWA
>Hogan should have done the job to Gangreen and been happy

For me, it's super calo

For Me Its Psychosis

It’s biggest mistake was not hiring 9 yr old me as head of creative/booker. i sent a copy of the book i ran in my action figure territory and Easy E just sent me back a napkin that had the words “Thanks for the ideas, mark. I.O.U. ;)”. My name isn’t even mark. 0_0

not bringing them would only delay it, the flippy shit style would always come to the US thanks to the Internet and smarks

It was already there with ecw anyway. They weren’t even the worst part of the show. I always stuggled to sit thru shitters like meng other dungeon of doom jobbers that were around all the time.

You're a retard. Part of the reason Nitro got over was that their undercard was infinitely more exciting than what WWF was doing at the time. I know you probably weren't even born to watch WCW, so shut the fuck up with these retarded opinions.
WCW saw a raise in PPV buys but a decrease in every other metric in 94. It also didn't help that Hogan got a percentage of PPVS he was on, so it's not like that money was going back to them. Nitro featuring different guys and no squashes was part of the reason it became a hot fucking show.

This but unironiclly. 30 somethings that look like 50 somethings and lust after teens is what wrestling was for 40 years until pretty boys and muscle heads showed up in the 80s

Cruiserweights have killed wrestling

only obese smelly smarks gave a shit about midcard workrate. At the end of the day it was still NWO that drew and everyone came to see

So was dying at that age but people in the future tended to move past that

The cruiserweight and light heavyweight divisions were the perfect containment. I ean, som of them were good, just small. It was scrapping the divisions that opened the floodgates for all these Bret Michaels guys.

Containment is a meme and shouldn’t be tolerated. That’s why bringing back the women’s title was a huge mistake despite the skanks being skanks era drawing money. Because it was that belt that causes the woke shit we see today

I said it made it a hotter show, not that it was the most important part you retard. And, again, WCW was already trending upwards by January of 96 because of the Flair vs Savage stuff. Houseshows, ratings and attendance went up at this time. Hogan was still doing cartoon Dungeon of Doom bullshit at the time or off TV filming some bullshit.

And again, watching T.L. Hopper or Mantaur face jobber Hardy or watching guys like Mysterio, Juventud, La Parka, Sabu, do crazy shit that you've never seen, it was obvious which side people were going to chose. Even a casual would pick that over what the WWF offered.

Sofrta. The NWO sold all the merch and was definately the draw but once you hung around for a while you started to notice they never did anything but sit around and look cool. Meanwhile the "WCW Heroes" you were supposed to be cheering for were pathetic impotent outside of Sting and that just made the NWO look cooler. The thing that kept your interest through the three hours of show wasent speculating how hard Lugar was going to cry at the end of the show but how good a random fuckall match between Eddy Mysterio or anyone else was going to be especially when you could easily be getting bored by Disco vs Hacksaw. Jericho turning full delusion asshole heel was also over as hell alongside shit like Raven or DDP as the biggest thing outside the NWO

WWF’s New Generation was bad because of the flippy shit. Shawn was a absolute cancer that made everyone else look terrible by comparison. Kevin Nash was close but by then Bret and Shawn spoiled the crowd and the genie was out of the bottle

The WCW Cruiserweight division was one of two times that flippy shit was kino
The other was TNA's X Division.

It works when it's in a clearly defined containment zone while real heavyweight draw dimes in the main event

The best was when a cruiserweight like Ultimo Dragon or Prince Iaukea would compete against Regal in a 10 minute TV title match

In WCW it was limited to an opening match or two. In AEW, Tony listens too much to Dave and books these flippers as the backbone of the promotion.

Based cruisers and based women are a oxymoron. No cruisers are based and anyone below 6 foot is a jobber or a mark

The masked characters exist for the children and the wrestling style is to put over the athleticism in the business. Its simple