How does one even work a proper heel gimmick these days? you either

how does one even work a proper heel gimmick these days? you either
>end up cheered because you are a self mark and work to get the audience on your side when you arent supposed to
>be heel because you go over everyone, works for a while but gets dull fast
>actually insult the crowd and get cancelled for it
>try and insult the crowd without getting cancelled, fade into irrelevancy
is it even possible to be a good heel when acting like one isnt possible without people going against you in social media?

Attached: 1654359645169.png (600x765, 444.86K)

masked wrestler with heavily protected identity that doesn't have a twitter or any social media

very subtly annoy people over time until it builds into an absolute frenzy

Insult the crowd, your opponents and only manage your social media in kayfabe. No sell the trannies when they try to “cancel” you and avoid shoot interviews until after your retirement. Pretty simple actually

The last guy I've seen get legitimate heat and shit from the crowd was Cody Rhodes in AEW but he wasn't trying to be a heel, kek. Someone should try doing his gimmick except with self awareness

>cant be a heel without getting heat
>real heat comes from offending people
>offending people is hatespeech

I was thinking about this too, it's hard
The biggest heel of the last decade was McGregor

you could no sell the trannies but what if your employer doesnt? you could be the best heel ever but if you do it in the bingo halls and wwe doesnt want you it doesnt matter

Just work a Proud White Male gimmick.

that would get real heat and everyone fired

I was thinking a government stooge heel could work. Seems like everyone disagrees on everything EXCEPT that politicians are all assholes and retards (minus trump who has a cult of personality)

Maybe just someone who always sucks up to authority on all levels I guess

>how does one even work a proper heel gimmick these days?
pic related

Attached: mfw I see a FUCKING MARK.jpg (1200x675, 68.22K)

Be a white male with slightly right wing beliefs

Do something the leftist media says is wrongthink

Cheat on your fiance with another wrestler and rub it in everyones faces

Be a shitbag backstage

Post shit on twitter

strong victim complex in here lol

strong reddit smell off this post lol

This is basically what Cody was doing in AEW. The only problem is it wasn't on purpose.

>ctrl+f "EVIL"
>0 results
EVIL is the truest and most based heel of the last decade, easy. when he turned heel he cut out almost everything that got him pops and started wrestling a much more "lay on him" type offense; this dude is impossible to cheer.

Callihan is good at it

nah that's you

>implying he didn't know what he was doing

The issue is, MJF is basically doing the best he can but he's so good at it, it wraps around to "people respect his heel work so much that they like him, but they will also go along with the story for the most part and boo him when they know it's appropriate to."

Which is about the best you can hope for these days.

Yeah but I really liked EVIL as he was pre-heel turn and him cutting out everything that made him interesting didn't make me want to see him get his comeuppance, it just made me stop watching his matches

What you said is true. Also, I'm a virulent antisemite and I appreciate his accurate depiction of the behaviors of der juden.

Can't smell anything other than your rancid new front hole wound