In retrospect, was this a bad idea?

In retrospect, was this a bad idea?

Attached: 94b54e_e2efa78062164ee0bc8debd7e74db70a_mv2.jpg (1000x563, 195.12K)

>the one reason to sign with AEW is to do the Shaq match
>still hasn't happened
good for him carnying Tony though

yeah, it's a waste of money like most of AEWs signings..good lord, his voice is like one of the worst things about big show.

Bad implies it was harmful, and I don't think it was. Was it pointless? Absolutely, I expected Wight to have more screen presence.

very pointless signing, same with mark henry

THATS PAUL WIGHT

>Does tons of charity work and has lots of connections
>bad idea to sign him

No i like his commentary and its funny to hear him with mark henry because henry has cte bad and paul is coherent enough to fuck with him. He is also a based coomer. Don’t know what a serious match with him in aew would look like because most of his matches have been handicap matches booking him as unstoppable unlike how he was in wwe. Only problem I guess is that he’s probably collecting big checks to barely do anything

NO MORE BS

It was a great idea for Wight. Easy money and few miles. Tony is truly a money mark.

what do you mean? losing money for no reason is bad.

Yes, he's fucking terrible on commentary. Him and Mark have been ruining Elevation for a year

sadly yes

Love Show. His recent matches with Drew and Braun were classics. He can still go if he wants. I'd love to see Show vs Kenneth Omega.

Extremely bad idea. Tony loves pissing away his dad’s money, just another example of it

He's a backstage roles guy, so unless you know exactly how effective he is compared to someone else... ???

He probably helped pop the big 200k at all out though, putting on a nostalgia act right as you get a bunch of eyes is a classic move.

Theres no way of knowing. He was signed to add name recognition to AEW for sponsors and to help around backstage. Whether he has achieved that, only really Tmarky Kmark knows

Both Show and Henry were absolutely ridiculous money mark signings. Even Christian is questionable and I like him.

Honestly half of the roster should be cut.

If AEW had a proper belt for the hosses to fight over I think using Show and Henry occasionally for nostalgia pops and for putting over guys like Hobbs would be pretty good

Tf does he even do besides Elevation commentary

He's like their main charity coordinator and one of the guys that coaches people IIRC.

Not as bad as Mark Henry but still pretty bad.

>He's like their main charity coordinator
wow it's fucking nothing

Mark Henry's never getting back in the ring and Show's body will exploe if he tries to do more than teach a developmental prospect how to bump for a chokeslam on camera once every few montrhs

>giving up your legends deal for this

he is a legit retard

Mark was planning a retirement match before he left wwe. Vince probably thought no one would give a shit so they never made plans for it but never say never with wrestlers

>In retrospect, was this a bad idea?
I mean, he sucks as an announcer but he is a veteran of 28 years and hopefully he's backstage helping younger talent grow even while rehabbing.

Really think you guys are underestimating the value of normie name value.
If you say you're a wrestling company with Jericho, Big Show, Mark Henry then that is more attractive to sponsors than Young Bucks, Kenny Omega and Orange Cassidy.
Sponsors always go for name value when choosing to spend their money.

I think the rub he gave to Billy and the Ass Boys when they attackef him was something good

Yeah but now they're a wrestling company with Jericho, Punk, Danielson and Moxley and they actually wrestle unlike Show and Henry. The dogwanker is paying millions for something that Billy Gunn could do.