Seriously is he financially the biggest flop ever in recent wrestling history? why does CM Punk get all the criticism?

Seriously is he financially the biggest flop ever in recent wrestling history? why does CM Punk get all the criticism?
>meant to be this big star
>paid big money by Tony Khan
>his pal Phil says Bryan to AEW is bigger than nWo
>Dynamite debut fails to break viewership record
>viewership goes under million
>headlines zero PPV's
>meekly accepts a postion as 4th wheel of BCC
>gets buried by Jericho on the mic - just takes it
>gets injured
when you invest big money in talent they're meant to improve business and exposure yet the opposite has happened

Attached: bryan-danielson-feature-june-22.jpg (1200x675, 177.54K)

Possibly. It does seem like people just ignore his failures because he an internet darling.

>everybody who is a Bryan Danielson fan already watches AEW
>he goes to AEW
>the ratings stay the same
>this is somehow Bryan Danielson's fault for not inventing new fans out of thin air
beggin ya

Kinda agree but he's been booked terribly, dude should be main eventing

Bryan is much better than Punk and Tony literally jobbed him from the second he came in while CM Punk got all the wins.

I don’t think that matters to Bryan desu. I mean Bryan wanted to do a masked luchador gimmick on dark to be a job guy.

>cryan has 800k fans max
kek and this nobody was given the strap

Bryan's debut drew about 1. 2 million viewers. Now? no million...

Not entirely his fault but surely he must should some of the blame. He was supposed ot be this big WWE star...

He's been booked poorly... he need to be better politically and demand Tony Khan use him better. HIS IS HIS FAULT.

AEW has proved they can draw 1.2 to 1.4 million viewers. When you sign Bryan, Punk or whoever you NEED to at least maintain that number. But you really SHOULD be increasing it and aiming for 1.5 to 1.8 million. Instead viewership DECREASED!

>Not entirely his fault but surely he must should some of the blame
The only blame he should get is not big leaguing Tony and telling him to stop jobbing him.
No shit when you treat people like geeks and have them job nonstop they lose drawing power. No one you can think of, NO ONE, no matter how dimes you think they are, would survive that.

It's a tough pill to swallow but consider the following
WWE
>scrappy underdog babyface
>beard
>YES! chant

AEW
>superbadass who kicks peoples fucking heads in
>No beard
>No Yes chant

His matches are more entertaining but he's basically a completely different entity than the one who got over as fuck a decade ago.

Attached: 01fd6b5f0919cf8434c8f47f3b2f0b06.jpg (625x703, 41.91K)

nigga how many ppl u know got nielson box? it's all estimates nigga

millions watch aew every week

Considering the American Dragon persona he resurrected for AEW was one of the most over indie wrestlers of all time I think his character is the least of his worries in AEW

What did Jericho tell him?

The ROI is Tony creaming his pants to dream matches he gets to book.

Consider the following
>Most over INDIE wrestlers

>viewership goes under million
on cable TV, collected by outdated methods. you probably think that the nielsen number is the actual number of people watching live

>Comes in as the veteran babyface in a new enviroment
>Draws dimes
>Becomes a smart ass heel
>Draws dimes
>Becomes the fourth wheel in the group formed to get Wheeler yuta over. Barely even talks anymore
>Dimeless
Who would've thought that when you book your stars like geeks they stop being worth shit. But i've never won THE booker of the year award so what do i know?

Like some people pointed out, you gotta be a bit of a selfmark to make it big in this business and Danielson simply doesn't have it, he's an indie darling at heart and it shows.

yeah ratings are fuckin retarded boomer metrics

the rating is the only thing that matter

>>Draws dimes
Where's the evidence of this?

You literally listed out the reasons why he has been a flop. Congrats

They make their money from TV deals, and TV deals are decided based on the TV ratings. So it's extremely far from being irrelevant. You don't run your touring slapfight circus on t-shirt sales

The superbadass midget could've drawn dimes though were he not some faggot who just suddenly formed a random stable with Mox out of nowhere and then Cryan became the fucking job guy at that. You'd be thinking Yuta would eat all the pins since he's a fucking nobody. How the fuck does Tony book some dude who was red hot in the first ever aew tie with Omega, then months later Cryan is just booked to be a lower mid card loser kek. Sure shit like that happens at WWE all the time, but I was always told that gayew were different, when it's the same gay shit booking.