Do you think the timing isn't right for Forbidden Door?

With everything going on like the hot angle of MJF after DoN, a couple of weeks before G1 and etc. Doing it the show this month doesn't click to me. I don't know maybe doing it after Revolution or All Out or maybe Mania weekend is the right time.

Attached: AEW NJPW show.jpg (960x540, 77.92K)

>AEW and "buyers remorse"
Is there a more kino tag team?

yeah sandwiched between NJPW's 2nd and 3rd biggest events of the year means they're reluctant to send players over and can't build any major angles.

on AEW's side it's bad luck with punk's injury in particular, but also danielson's and the fact that omega is still out of action. would feel like a very different card with those three guys on it.

First off, the MJF hot angle was birthed out of a shoot occurrence with MJF applying a pincer move on Tony. No one saw it coming that far ahead. Not even MJF or Tony. No way Forbidden Door could have been planned around that.
Having the PPV before the G1 and after Double or Nothing shouldn't in theory be too big a issue. The main one, to me, is more Dominion. It really only gave them two weeks to properly hype shit up.
With that said, even though this PPV only had 2 weeks to get hyped, Tony has done a piss poor job at it, so scheduling can only take so much of the blame.
Lastly, this reeks to me of Tony having booked it as soon as possible from the moment he and Gedo shaked hands, which is why the schedules are all fucked. If there's ever another Forbidden Door (And there might not be cause Tony bungled this shit hard lmao), it will probably be scheduled well.

I think the first one was always gonna be clunky because it was always gonna have to be shoved into the schedule somewhere. The next one, they can figure it out on both of their schedules together well in advance.

What's the excuse going to be when this bombs

Attached: 1462121733360.jpg (600x600, 44.95K)

Define what a bomb would be.

Wouldn't be shocked if the trannies throw New Jachad under the bus, considering how they're only obviously pretending they know anything about it.

Attached: 1654926305933.png (1246x1290, 797.73K)

>Punk got a stubbed toe
>Hangman saying on twitter that belts doesn't matter
>All-Atlantic tournament right after Owen tournament
>All-Atlantic having all kinds of flags
>MJF out whether it' work or shoot
>Thunder Rosa potatoin' and TK not setting her straight
>Jeff Hardy drugged up and relapsed
>Kenny out indefinitely
>Schizo stories
>Horrible NJPW invasion angle with non-existent stories so you have to look things up
>Ricky Starks and lots of others sawdusting themselves
>Homegrown talent like Darby lost in the shuffle treated like shit
>172 talents in the roster
>dwindling ratings
>cultists defending in to hell and back
>cultists saying that TV ranking and PPV sales matter not seeing the writing on the wall, seeing the same thing happening to Netflix and not seeing the bear market
This is a sinking ship and unlike WWE, AEW doesn't have a Nick Khan setting things straight

Less than 150k would be a bomb.

Tony dropped the bombshell of him buying ROH on a random Dynamite. Of course he scheduled FD the minute he reached an agreement with nujamal. He has zero self-control.

They've only done two or three PPVs over 150k in their entire existence.

You're not talking to someone trying to come up with a good faith position, they just want to set a ridiculous number to shitpost later.

there have probably been 500 threads from e-drones trying to meme this ppv into failure, why are they so terrified of it?

>the MJF hot angle
it wasn't an angle, MJF was burying his employer and his company on live TV to get more money for himself. Tony would be an idiot if he made that a running segment, and you would attack him for doing it.

>Hahaha, look at all this PPV growth we're having
>NOOOO, IF WE HAVE EARLY 2021 NUMBERS, THAT'S NOT A FLOP
Sub 150k is lower than Last year's and this year's Double or Nothing, as well as this year's All Out and Revolution.

No. They used to do tons of pre-G1 shows in the US with ROH and they always did great.

>if you do the exact same as the best year you've ever done, that's a "bomb"
dronies, everyone

It was an angle. Tony probably didn't realize that the crowd would cheer at MJF shitting on him, but they definitely worked things out for at least the next two years. If Tony is smart, he made MJF one of the highest paid guys in the company (Nearly CM Punk levels) and managed to extend his contract by 2 more years so he has him for 4.

>A Cross-Over PPV being the dirt worst selling PPV of the year isn't a bomb
On what fucking planet? Are you retards already damage controlling for me saying a number that is below all the other PPVs of the year and on the level of All Gear? This is how confident you trannies are in Tony's shit build of this PPV.

>Pay a guy way more money
>Don't have him on the show anymore
Smart, Tony. Very smart.

Jack off over MJF all you like, but that kike shouldn't be anywhere near a New Japan cross-promotion show. Writing him off for two weeks is an objectively smart move from Tony.

I'm aware. I want to at least force him to try and defend his absurd positions.

>Early 2021:
>Revolution 2021: 135,000
>Double or Nothing 2021: 115,000
It could be lower than 150k and would still easily beat both of those numbers. It could do 145-150ish and it would be perfectly in line with Full Gear '21 and DoN '22. What's unreasonable about that?

>this year's All Out
Hasn't happened yet. If you mean last year's All Out, I doubt any AEW PPV is getting there again any time soon. It was just too unique of a confluence of too many things.
>Revolution
It'll probably be lower than that, I'll grant. I have a hard time seeing it reach 170k with all of the injuries and missing stars.

It's an event just a month after their last PPV and many people will barely be familiar with a lot of the card. If this gets a buy rate in line with their main PPVs first time round, that's actually incredible.

He has nothing to do at Forbidden Door and having him be away for a few weeks means that when he comes back it's instant interest.

>Tony probably didn't realize that the crowd would cheer at MJF shitting on him,
This didn't happen. People cheered for some of the stuff MJF said but when MJF started insulting Tony (saying "you belong behind the barricade with the rest of them"), the crowd stopped cheering and very clearly didn't like that. They agreed with some of his critiques but very explicitly did NOT agree with him insulting Tony Khan as the booker.

>and many people will barely be familiar with a lot of the card
Exactly, cause Tony is a fucking retard that just booked these guys those people don't know to just do random stable run-ins. That is why this will bomb. And we both know it, as I'm stating it and you are implicitly admitting it with your damage control.

Booker of the Year strikes again.

You are implicitly admitting that a cross-over show is gonna do worse than every PPV in 2022 except it will maybe, MAYBE, do barely better than Full Gear.

That's a fucking bomb.