All Tournament Wrestling

Attached: atw.png (589x564, 43.26K)

Can’t wait till Tony gets memed into trying to make a round robin G1 rip-off on Dynamite

Not enough CUPS for ya?

Attached: njpwtournaments.jpg (1013x735, 129.21K)

>spam tournaments because Nu Japan do them and Tony is a smark obsessed with Nu Japan
>they're all dogshit and not based like the Japan tournaments because the G1 format won't fit a weekly show so he has to do WWE style single elimination tournaments instead

Kek what a bare URL having page.

Jesus Christ, that would be a disaster.

OH N-

Attached: 593786758236576561.jpg (879x1209, 222.1K)

kek what a hoss

>Comparing 11 tournaments in the span of 3 years with 60 tournaments in the span of 70
Trannies are genuinely retarded

not enough 5 minute recaps of what happened 20 mins ago for ya?

AEW larping as a gook shit promotion by having year long tournaments is all the proof I need to know that Tony doesn't have a single fucking clue

AEWtists hace no response to criticism except for but but WWE. Every time

I'm sure one day you will have more kino tournaments on TV, dronie. But for now you'll have to settle with weekly rematches.

Imagine AEW trying to rip off the G1 kek

>promotion advertises itself as more wrestling-based
>has more tournaments
Wow who would have thought

I guess they could try to do a mini G1 with two blocks of 4?

What is there to respond to? How is having tournaments a criticism?

You can't run a large round robin on a weekly schedule. You can do single eliminators with reasonable brackets. (Plz Tony, never do a round of 16 disguised as a qualifier ever again)

George floyd cup when

Attached: received_743503133323032.jpg (592x518, 25.92K)

tournaments are fun

He's too retarded and his attention span is too short to book such shit

>The Wrestling Classic was 70 years ago

Fucking idiot

kek no wonder Cody left this sloppy shop. Tournaments are for jobbers. Real main eventers shouldn't go through 50/50 matches looking like a clown selling for midcarders. They just walk right in to the company and be THE main event. Based Codester. Love the guy!

Tournaments, unless there's a situatio created by an emergency, tend to represent bad booking. Not all the time and not in cases of historic things like the G1 but as a loose rule it fits.
Tournaments allow bookers the opportunity to use many different wrestlers without having to give them any storyline or character development. Essentially the tournament itself is the story.
Again this isnt always a bad thing and you can introduce new people in this manner but like most things in wrestling, if you overuse them then it usually means that you need more ideas and your lower talent need more promo time.
I dont watch AEW as its not really shown on my country at a decent time so I'm not sure of this description fits whats happened there, but I'm just talking about general booking philosophy.
Its like battle royales. Some promotors always use a battle royale on a big show because its an easy way to jam everybody on to the card without having to give them development. The BritWres scene had a real problem with this for many years.

How the fuck that runs the round robin tournament in 2+1 hours of TV time?

Kek, based and entertaining.