”Nooo you have to do a video package on new Japan guys! People don’t know them!!”

>”Nooo you have to do a video package on new Japan guys! People don’t know them!!”

Do boomers realize they sound like complete retards because they are too computer illiterate to run a google or youtube search on a wrestler?

Attached: C078BD48-5280-4C36-8A0A-3C8BD7A27816.jpg (1200x628, 78.39K)

*tanks the ratings*

what will the cope be when buys are strong again for this one?

this is the right take imo
i remember when i first got into njpw watching videos online helped a lot, tv asshai took them all down though
content like showbuckle etc went a long way

most of aew's audience are 34+, many in their 50s (these people are more likely to buy PPVs), so yeah, they probably should run some video packages if they want people to pay money for this garbage. 20 year old computer nerd weebs like yourself are a minority audience for AEW and bring in no revenue

you wheel out some charisma vacuum who looks like he works at the local chinese restaurant and sane people arent going to be intrigued enough to start googling. they will probably just stop watching and the ratings show that is indeed what happened

>putting the onus on the fan aand expecting nothing of the product

>We don't have any storylines so just google the wrestlers and make up your own headcanon
LMAO

"FORBIDDEN DOOR WILL BE A FAILURE BECAUSE JR NEVER TOLD ME WHO TANAHASHI IS"
--drones

Step over these "people".

If you don't know who Tanahashi is why the fuck are you watching AEW

not enough pose offs for ya?

Is he the guy who invented kim chi?

Do you not think video packs ages are more effective at telling you who someone is and why you should about them on AEW TV than going on Wikipedia or YouTube and expecting what you see there to be as effective?

he was the voice actor who played shenmue

try that again without sperging out an incoherent word salad?

Your wrestling program shouldn’t require homework.

Because it's a different product from NJPW

>Your wrestling program shouldn’t require homework.
^

Trannies don't understand the concept of introducing people to the audience. They expect everyone to be no-life losers like them.
Even if I knew everything about NJPW, I'd frankly be insulted if AEW didn't put the effort into a video package to hype me up. It's just a basic, minimum-level expectation of effort on behalf of the company. As always, trannies are happy accepting slop.

>You guys have heard the term ‘casual fan’, right? ‘Oh, how are they gonna get the casual fan?’ The term ‘casual fan’ - honestly, I think I throw up a little in my mouth every time I hear it. Because it’s this vernacular to describe wrestling that is based on the Monday Night Wars. When the Monday Night Wars are over, they’re not a thing, as in they’re not happening here and now in the present. What’s happening right here and now in the present - we can’t determine what it is. It’s something that only history will be able to tell us. So my focus is always the base that built AEW. And that base, if you’ve seen it - you get it. And if you haven’t seen it, it’s just something that you have to see and feel. Bully knows what I’m talking about. Because there’s a lot of confidence, um, that sometimes can get misplaced for arrogance on my half or The Elite’s behalf, but I’ve seen the power. I’ve seen it. And that’s why I want to focus on them first and foremost.You know, there’s people who are plenty critical of what AEW does and instead of signal boosting that, I’d rather a hundred of the fans that we have in that base than that one sulky son of a bitch that’s not coming on-board anyways, if that makes any sense. You guys know that first way to fail is to try and please everybody. But I gotta take care of the people who brought us to the dance in the first place, and I think that will be appealing on a global level.

>ah yes, better do my homework so I can retroactively know who the characters in a TV show are! Maybe I can make fanfiction to justify anything that they did on the show too!

If you weren't a fan of the Elite pre-AEW nothing you have to say about AEW matters.

Ok boomer, it’s 1998 and nobody uses the internet for their hobby

And this is why you can't draw a milly.

1) Dronies are dumb
2) Dronies shouldn't be watching AEW

These two reasons are why we have threads like this.

>Dronies shouldn't be watching AEW
good news increasingly no one is watching AEW lmao

Cope

Attached: FD.png (762x397, 675.74K)

>if you don't know who this man from a different show is then why are you watching a TV show?
Woa. Same vibe as "if you don't k ow who Tom Cruise is, why are you watching beyblade the anime?"

Because AEW is it's own distinct product with plenty of guys who have never set foot in NJPW? It gets hundreds of thousands of views weekly, most of those people are not going to know New Japan guys. It has clearly extended beyond it's initial niche Western NJPW fanbase and gathered some more. If you're not effectively selling to who your audience is, you're fundamentally failing as a program.

Attached: me and the lads.png (513x395, 449.05K)

If only

I can see this being the final cope after AEW goes under
>the audience didn't put in the effort

see

>excusing lack of effort on the company's behalf and blaming the fan for not educating themselves
A literal cultist.

>their hobby
Your hobby is watching a TV show? That's your primary social activity? That's your skill that you practice recreationally?
user, consuming entertainment isn't a hobby.

>if you're not pandering to us fat ignorant retards who hate your show then you're fundamentally failing as a business
You shouldn't be watching. AEW needs to aggressively jettison these people from their audience.

This kek

>nooooo you can't expect the show to make sense, it needs to be as incoherent and alienating as possible because I watch it to be validated that I know who a guy is and other people don't!

Consider how dumb you must be when you're complaining that a wrestling program is too hard for you to understand

they (you) are not real fans

>new pirate crew shows up in one piece

“they need a video package!! Why should I care about these mysterious new guys!”

Unironically yes. I want dronies to fear tuning in. I want them alienated and confused.

I wasn't really a fan of "The Elite", I was a fan of Kenny, but regardless, I know who Tanahashi is. I don't need video packages to introduce him, or anyone in NJPW, to me. That's not the point, you apologist for utter dogshit. The point is that you should have surface level bare-minimum expectations of what you watch to effectively introduce characters even if you, personally know of them.
This is made even worse by the fact that, as the numbers evidence, AEW has clearly grown beyond that Western NJPW fanbase. They're aware most of their fans wouldn't know a Tanahashi, yet expecting them to. Even if the entire audience did, though, I'd expect a video package, some manner of intro, because a lack thereof is simply lazy. I have standards, you do not. That's what this comes down to, pleb.

Attached: RED.png (502x440, 341.46K)

nah this is cope and your gay and retarded

Yes, all the new enemies in One Piece get title panels and back stories.

So I'm supposed to know about a wrestler making their first appearance on a wrestling show without that show introducing them to me? Is a 30 second package too hard to make?

>I want my show to be low quality and fail
AEW fans are cultists.

You're supposed to shut your fucking mouth and sit down, dronie. Nobody asked you about anything.

>show sells out without one match announced
>they announce matches
>drones complain the show is a failure
boring

>we don't want to grow
>we want to appeal to the people who will love what we do even if we were to shit in their mouths
Well, if this thread is any evidence, the cultists are really enjoying the taste of that steaming shit. So, they succeeded.

I'm not a boomer but I'm not looking these fucking geeks up online. I'm just taking a break from AEW until Blood and Guts

I'm talking about the weekly show. Naturally the PPVs sell out, partly because Tony scalps his tickets, partly because AEW fans are cultists. The weekly show is dog shit and can't even draw 800k, though.

No milly?