Dave Meltzer's absolute PANIC over AEW ratings...

Dave Meltzer's absolute PANIC over AEW ratings. Throws out every single possible reason there could be from NJPW not meaning anything to good matches no longer meaning as much to Nielsen fucking up and many more. Moves on and then somehow goes right back into panic mode. This dude is fucking spooked. voca.ro/1krRCNfTLBKh

Attached: d48839b33f349adb-600x338.png (600x338, 289.74K)

>Spends 2+ years begging New Japan to do a cross-over with AEW
>Throws them under the bus the second they do
lmfao

Says you can blame booking even maybe. Dave is basically struggling to decide if he jumps off the AEW ship or not. it's fucking brutal. He at one point after saying people think it could be the FD build being bad goes fucking silent and then stammers and then moves on without rebutting or agreeing or anything.

Uhh umm well yeah actually umm yeah well umm uhh yeah well umm uhh yeah actually well umm uhh yeah umm yeah uhh umm uhh yeah

Remember when Dave said AEW would have 2 million viewers by end of the year?

the best part about aew is the smarks finally got their high budget smark fed ran by a smark so now they have no excuses. they will simply have to come to terms with the fact that nobody wants to watch their shit and start asking themselves some serious questions

I don't but it would explain this almost 20 minute panic

Every single obese smelly smark who has an opinion about pro wrestling all comes from Meltzer's half baked truths and spinning the facts to suit his narrative for the past 30+ years

I liked when he pointed out this being the oldest AEW audience ever and it being number 5 in the time slot on Friday. Two big things people would say was look how young AEW audience is and Rampage has the top ratings in it's very specific time slot. welp.

also one of the best parts of this was being like do you bring in Mike Tyson or Shaq for a one week fix. This dude is fucking panicking.

lol, I NEED to crosspost this to Jerk

LOL he ACTUALLY suggested that Tony call Nielsen and demand a recount, this dude is coping hard

when you really like something and push for it, then it goes over like a lead balloon, it can be a hard pill to swallow

I don't recall him specifically saying call them or a recount but I could have zoned out but he absolutely did go over how it could be Nielsen. Said don't put too much stake in one bad rating cause it could be their fault but now there's 2.

Attached: 826.png (600x800, 25.6K)

They could have, but they made too many bad decisions.
>Adam Page vs Adam Cole
>Lance Archer vs Page out of nowhere
>No vignettes on Adam Page's life after winning the title
>Forcing Sammy as a face, turning him heel, then panicking and forcing him face in less than a month.
>Killing both the TNT and Scorpio Sky's slither of new momentum with the Kazarian/Sammy angle.
>Not putting a battery in Starks' back.
>Not giving Jurassic Express any fun vignettes as tag champs.
>Not giving Thunder Rosa any vignettes as champ (they show nothing of her life to make you care).
>Not making the best talkers go against each other enough.
>Giving Miro shitty opponents.
And on and on. They had huge momentum coming into 2022.

None of these points have any objective correlation with ratings.

That guys post is as frantically trying to figure it out as Dave except Dave took 18 minutes

And Dave says Cornette doesn't know anything about modern wrestling when everything Cornette says is the shits does poorly in the ratings.

I dont know how people listen to him regularly

Better show = better ratings. Worse, stupid show = worse ratings. How the fuck is quality irrelevant. kek. You people are weird.

>vignettes on a wrestlers life
Get the fuck outta here. Page was never given time in the main event. One of the problems people had. Rosa did no favors with that match with marina either. Archer vs Page was a fun mini feud that gave that based texas death match. TNT title was cursed, Starks and Hobbs are based as a tag, but starks has been lacking in the singles department with in ring work. Miro is back and gets to work with Pac and Black at forbidden door along with isshi