Gets its source code deleted

>gets its source code deleted

nothing personnel, bro

Attached: file.png (220x254, 96.34K)

kek even Kojima knew this game was garbage and decided to not preserve any of it

MGS ended with 3

not the same but rockstar lost rdr1's source code, so no way to ever get that on a modern system

wrong, Konami even ported MGS4 to 360 as part of their research and development

>Despite how downtrodden my colleagues were with developing on PS3, most of them were still hardcore Sony fans and were not in favor of spending resources on such a test. They believed MGS 4 would look and run terribly on Microsoft’s older and inferior hardware.
>One fateful day, the Konami R&D team hosted a meeting where we got to see the fruits of their labor—Metal Gear Solid 4 running beautifully and smoothly on an Xbox 360. As one of the few unabashed Xbox fans in the office, I was excited.

>The prevailing belief around the industry was that Sony must have secured an exclusive deal for the game. It wasn’t true. Had Kojima chosen to port the game to Xbox 360, his bosses would surely have approved the decision, but he wasn’t ready to make the jump.

Oh no! Anyway...

crazy how all the MGS games are stuck on the ps3/360 gen

>gets its source code deleted
Is that official? I thought Konami wouldn't relaunch the game in other platforms because of license problems

that's also wrong, reportedly Rockstar was going to port it along with GTA4 to modern platforms, but Definitive Edition happened

actual travesty. luckily PS3 and 360 are till plentiful (and hackable) and emulation exists. RDR2 is also a pale substitute for a few chapters anyway.

What do you mean, it's still up on youtube.

You can play all 360 MGS games on Xbone and Series via BC

no it's not? they literally lost the source code unless you can point me to something saying otherwise
yeah for sure

>they literally lost the source code unless you can point me to something saying otherwise
did they ever flat out say they lost the source code?

Attached: 15555799883.jpg (200x200, 13.26K)

a youtuber into tech shit and being mad at rockstar against his will brings it up a lot. or used to i haven't watched that guy in like 6 months. but shitting on rockstar is something he loves doing
he's all about doing deep dives and investigations and shit and loves those games. so i trust him enough. i don't remember word for word what he said, no matter how many times he repeated it. but yeah basically, they did

Rekt

>a youtuber into tech shit and being mad at rockstar against his will brings it up a lot.
>but shitting on rockstar is something he loves doing
>he's all about doing deep dives and investigations and shit and loves those games. so i trust him enough.
Literally Rockstar's Tyler McVicker lmao

i looked up that tyler dude and his content just reads like peak grifter shit. but no, the guy i am watching just does videos on what he likes which is like 80% unrelated to gaming even though he games a fuckton and has gamers in his youtube handle lol
i mean does anyone sane sit and protect rockstar? can't deny their games are good but come on

>doesn’t post the video, or even the channel name.
It’s well known that RDR never got a PC port as the code base was a mess, but that isn’t the same as the code being missing.

source then

We are not going to hold your hand dumb nigger