Apart from Bloodlines, are there any games where you play as a newborn vampire?

Apart from Bloodlines, are there any games where you play as a newborn vampire?

Attached: 20A0B559-B37E-4330-8D40-35B2B280D3CE.jpg (1500x1118, 189.33K)

VTM: Redemption is the best vampire game.

>you play as a newborn vampire?
Vampyr

I love that part where you raid the castle and the guards go 'wait, isn't this the guy that's killed like a hundred kindred? And we're fucking supposed to fight him?'

Attached: 1423321094903.jpg (697x463, 63.39K)

>Vampire
>Mirror

Attached: 0ad.gif (640x480, 2.29M)

most mirrors would reflect vampires because mirrors in the modern day aren't made with silver.

???
That's not the reason why vampires don't reflect at all

Oblivion vampires were great. Sun damage was fun, the nightmares are cool to read.

Attached: Tumblr_l_141082768605060.jpg (1590x1298, 342.23K)

It was originally in Dracula.

Skyrim with a bunch of mods.

Let's not argue about what's canon vampire traits when the Original Dracula could hang out in the sun, turn into a werewolf, control fire, control animals and bugs, and all kinds of other shit. There was never a canon idea of vampires.

Blood Omen

kid dracula on nes (there's a translation dw) and the sequel on gameboy

No, it wasn't, I've read it twice
You forgot mist, and he wasn't a werewolf it was a full wolf

The heart of darkness

skyrim

legacy of kain

>There was never a canon idea of vampires.
That's because, contrary to popular belief, there is actually no real world basis for vampires. They don't come from folklore or anything. There's no ancient legends inspiring everyone. A gothic horror writer just completely made the thing up out of thin air and then other fiction writers came along and stole it.

to be fair they only made up like 75-80% of it. bless the original guy who heard balkan myths about corpses sneaking out of their graves to drink blood at night and thought 'hmm but what if they were sexy?'

If loadsa cultures have stories of cannabalistic monsters there has to be at least one folktale out there about blood drinking.

Wait what’s the actual reason you can’t see vampires in mirrors?

And why does holy crosses hurt them

Yeah, my mirror works just fine

No soul

because jesus dies for our sin

I know it sounds fucking gay, but I'm so starved for any halfway decent vampire vidya that I started to play CYOAs.
VtM Night Road is more of a vampire RPG than many other regular vidya with vampires in it.
But, if you're looking to play as a fledgling vampire specifically, another CYOA called Choice of Vampire is a good place to start.
That said CYOAs are almost entirely text based and the gameplay consists of making decisions and casting your vampire spells when needed.

Man that first playthrough of Oblivion were I contracted vampirism and was proper fucked, having to find out how to cure that shit for dozens of hours. It really doesn't matter how good games get, gaming really peaked in everyone's teens.

COME HITHER AND HEAR THE SWEET SOUND MY BLADE SINGS!

'cause the sacred repels evil

>And why does holy crosses hurt them
Because OG vampirism is a curse from God

Not entirely true but the gothic royalty-parallel sexy version of a vampire was made up mostly by the Dracula book. There’s another book about a female on female vampire thing that pre dates bram stokers novel though and I think the idea of vampires being these sort of ethereal ghosts that snuck into your bedroom to feed on you was already out there even before that. Folklore and legend changes all the time, the fact autists have latched on to whats canon and true to fit into their monster manuals for these beings of gossip and word of mouth is actually rather stagnation and unfortunate for folklore as a whole.