Suikoden 1 Remaster

Suikoden 1 Remaster announced at the Konami TGS stream.
youtube.com/watch?v=DAzjwEjnFDs

Attached: suikoden.png (1201x673, 1.54M)

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/app/1932640/Suikoden_III_HD_Remaster_Gate_Rune_and_Dunan_Unification_Wars/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Should have been the 2 first games since 2 is a direct sequel

Attached: 1642297932779.jpg (1350x764, 790.6K)

>Konami remembered Suikoden exists
The FUCK?

Found this game under a pile of games I "stole" from my cousin's abusive ex. Super scratched unfortunately

Soul vs soulless

They want you to remember for the upcoming gacha

>presenting it as an update
>walls are lower quality
>candle holders have less candles and detail
The only updates are the rug and wider FOV. At best, it's a sidegrade. They also fucked up by not doing the 2nd game too but considering Konami's output over the past several years, it's a good start of sorts.

store.steampowered.com/app/1932640/Suikoden_III_HD_Remaster_Gate_Rune_and_Dunan_Unification_Wars/

It's I and II

Well, maybe 3+4+5 at the end of 2023, nice

They're bundled.

The first game is really mediocre.

it is, it's both

Didn't know but that is great.

nice

B L O O M

Attached: 1650910189848.jpg (1920x1080, 376.2K)

Yeah alright Konami. Maybe they didn't fuck up too badly for once the world map looks kinda ugly though

But its also not out so who knows what the final release will be like

Attached: fcfda447863b76a0c07152a70d646649.jpg (525x750, 158.15K)

>Expectation
They are gonna fix the god awful translation
>Reality
They are gonna censor something like milch flamboyant attitude or Odessa dialogue because it offends the trannies

Holy shit what is happening?

Why are japanese comments so tame compared to the english comments? I notice this on every single TGS stream

Konami still makes games?

Attached: 1663311282871450m.jpg (1024x572, 85.34K)

nips can't bants and meme

They make train games now

I actually really liked 1 and on the other side I think 2 is a bit overrated, especially the last parts of the story, I really hated it.

choo choo motherfucker

Civilized island

If you watch nico streams and stylishnoob streams on twitch you know this isn't the case, I'm basically asking why they can give their bants the time and place

Konami's slowly going through a redemption arc. Castlevania 3D Collection will be next.

>Eiyuden Chronicles kickstart big success
>Konami does this
I hate them so much.

I mean, at least they are still paying attention to the market and know what to do even if they aren't going to do it perfectly.

Should have came out sooner to beat Konami to the punch

Uhm, is that the unannounced game?
Pretty shocking to see that they do my all time favorite jrpg.

Both games actually.

Redpill me on Suikoden. I've been curious about the series since I was a kid but I never played the games.

Thank god they aren't doing that terrible 3d background with 2d sprite shit that Sqeenix is obsessed with.
The remake looks tasteful, the new character portrait artwork is especially nice.

How about they FUCKING make a new one?

Also I wish they remade 1, 2, 5

They tried that 3 times but without the original story notes there's only so much you can cover without going into literal fan faction territory

>Konami's not dead
>First three Suikodens are getting remastered
What are the chances that they're about to revive the series

There are definitely some cool concepts but they're just done poorly. Like the battle management is just rock paper and scissors with more flair. The whole game just feels like an SNES RPG instead of a PSX one. Apparently the game was originally supposed to come out on Konami's own cartridge-based console but that project never went anywhere. However something that Suikoden goes well is how fast the combat is. I swear this game has the fastest field to battle screen transitions, it's like quarter of a second. Also collecting members to your posse and seeing your castle get more features is pretty fucking awesome. There definitely were makings of a master piece here, which I think they delivered on the sequel.

Are they not remastering the music?

Three and Four are the ones that really need some work done. Five is pretty damn good for a late life PS2 game

Yes
They also added new sounds depending where you step

5 had some pretty shitty loading times IIRC

the main thing though were the unskippable cutscenes

I wouldn't mind 5's villains getting an upgrade either; they were fucking useless

I didn't mention 3 and 4 because... I didn't actually like either

The one on DS was awful and I haven't played the one on PSP but it looked super generic
The magic is gone

I hope that means we get an actual final boss music instead of the generic boss music for 1.