Zelda Timeline

This thing gives me a headache every time I look at it. Do the games even specifically mention events from each other beyond easter eggs at any point? Because I don't fucking remember that. And if it's not the case, why is a timeline needed?
I haven't played BOTW yet, maybe that thing will make this whole thing make sense...

And why the fuck does it say "Adult timeline" when all the games in that line have Toon Link?

Attached: file.png (1527x2085, 2.63M)

You asked enough questions to show you've done little to no research. Go watch a youtube video about it, and come back with any questions you have.

I'll be waiting.

Attached: 1654377963913.jpg (960x640, 500.14K)

>I'll be waiting
Archived by the time I finish watching any autistic video essay.

>BotW placed in the child timeline despite specifically referencing adult timeline events
bad image

The original games did refer to each other and give context to when they took place. The timeline only got complicated (and became a meme) thanks to Ocarina and it's timeline splitting shenanigans. Before then, it was extremely simple.

>And why the fuck does it say "Adult timeline" when all the games in that line have Toon Link?
It's the timeline that persists from OoT's future where adult Link defeats Ganon and seals him in the sacred realm.
The child timeline is the one that persists from OoT, where adult Zelda sends Link back to his childhood. Because Ganondorf hadn't yet been defeated in this timeline, the events of Twilight Princess happened. The TP Ganondorf is the same Ganondorf from OoT, but the version that never managed to seize power.

This. Is there even an official statement in which timeline it takes place? Regarding outfits and so on it actually hints to events in different timelines. So for me there was an event before BOTW that fused every timeline back into one.

I think the Timeline is genuinely neat. Also the reason it's the adult timeline is called that is because OoT Link kills ganon as an adult and is sent back in time, now as a kid to warn Hyrule of Ganondorf in the first place, OoT Link leaving the timeline sets up Wind Waker since there is no hero

With exceptions of direct sequels like Majoras Mask and Tear of England, there is no timeline.

Who gives a fuck about a timeline. I always looked at each game as a stand alone entity, with the exceptions of games like mm which is obvious a direct sequel to oot.

>Minish Cap
They really had no fucking idea what to do with this game, huh. It's in just about the only place where it can't affect anything in the timeline meaningfully.
Impressive.

Nintendo just made up most of the timeline because fans demanded omg the games have to be related and have big story!
Child and adult timeline are references to the timetravel in ocarina of time.
It's explained in the book where your picture is taken from. So you could have like read it from there and not just look at the pictures lmao.

>So you could have like read it from there and not just look at the pictures lmao
Sometimes you have to play dumb to avoid Page 10

This fucking idiot and all like him need to kill himself. If this gives you a headache, then being alive probably isn't worth it to you. And it's fucking annoying to us.

BotW is in evey timeline you retard. Eveyone knows this.

Apparently not everyone since whoever made the image put in CT

This image is bullshit by the way. It's not at all accurate.
Why are you on here? You belong on tumbler or

Whoever made the image knows but doesn't like the fact that a fantasy fucking video game doesn't work like how he thinks the real world works. He is an onion boy

Majora's mask, Wind Waker, Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks certainly do

But where does Cadence of Hyrule belong?

non-canon
if it absolutely has to go anywhere, it would probably be Child Timeline before Four Swords Adventure

>This thing gives me a headache every time I look at it. Do the games even specifically mention events from each other beyond easter eggs at any point?
Yes they do. You're gonna hear a lot of cope about how Nintendo just pulled this out of their ass but the fact is there's always been a timeline.
Zelda 1 leads directly into Zelda 2
ALttP was always clear about being a prequel to Zelda 1, hence LINK TO THE PAST
Link's Awakening and Oracles games continue directly off of ALttP
OoT is the Sealing War discussed in ALttP, so another very blatant prequel
MM is a direct sequel to OoT
WW talks all about the Hero of Time from OoT and has the stained glass images of the Sages from that game
It only starts getting weird with TP because it also references OoT but conflicts with WW regarding Ganon, and this is where the split from the end of OoT comes in. There's no wild asspull here, you're clearly shown at the end of OoT that there are now two active timelines after Link rats Ganondorf out.

The only statement about BotW placement is that it takes place long after the other games.

You might actually be retarded

How can BotW be in the adult timeline when Hyrule is at the bottom of the Great Sea? I didn't get very far into BotW.

botw is in the downfall timeline you twat
there's a very explicit line about how ganon was resurrected numerous times throughout the ages, and that happens only rarely in other timelines

They already explained it you dweebs

Attached: 1srsf.png (512x512, 391.34K)

BotW has elements of every timeline so the popular theory is that it's in the distant future and every timeline has been joined back into one. Kinda like TES's Warp in the West where time fuckery makes every possible outcome canon but results in just a single stable timeline.

BotW is already confirmed by both Aonuma and Fujibayashi to be in the distant future of the timeline

Got to say, I do prefer Four Swords being on the Downfall branch.

adult timeline as in "adult part of OoT"

Water receded

Well I think the wish that was granted was the kings wish for the kids to have hope, not for hyrule to be submerged forever. So basically the only requirements for his wish to be fulfilled was for it to stay submerged in their lifetimes. After they died it could become unflooded eventually.

>"Only happens rarely in other timelines"
Fucking bullshit. Are you telling me that you think nothing has happened ever besides the games that are out?
That's not a "popular theory", only onion boys like that.

>How can BotW be in the adult timeline when Hyrule is at the bottom of the Great Sea?
There's like 20,000 years between the last Zelda games in each timeline and BotW, that's more than enough time for the sea to recede, rise again, then recede again

>This thing gives me a headache every time I look at it.
I'll never understand this normalfag meme. It's LITERALLY just a few straight lines. How the fuck is that hard to follow or gives anyone a headache? It's not like some fucking tree chart with a billion different branches all intermingling. Nope. It's three fucking straight that don't ever intersect.

Attached: 1643791508078.jpg (552x585, 25.75K)

It's poor translation.
Ganondorf does die the most times in the downfall timeline, but he (and Vaati, and Malladus) are still mentioned to be "resurrected" even when they're just returning from being sealed.

Attached: Timeline_Hyrule_Historia.jpg (944x1267, 952.31K)

That's retarded

Still doesn't make sense since they found a new Hyrule in Spirit Tracks. There can't be two Hyrules since there's only one royal lineage.

This. Japan uses the term differently, and so it's incorrect to translate it straight like that.

>20'000 years
Zelda "fans" are so retarded. There's at least a couple quintillion.
>B-but that's a long time! The real world isn't even that old yet!
I'm not talking about the real world , I'm talking about a FANTASY fucking video game series.

>Still doesn't make sense since they found a new Hyrule in Spirit Tracks. There can't be two Hyrules since there's only one royal lineage.
They just sailed back eventually. They had over 10,000 years to do it.

They like, went back to the old one. Obviously. And dude there can still be two you brainless imaginless retard.

>There's at least a couple quintillion.
Source?

It's not supposed to make sense. Nintendo just made something up to please the autistic Zelda fans.