Disco Elysium is quirky pretentious dogshit written by midwits and im tired of retards comparing it to masterpiece that...

Disco Elysium is quirky pretentious dogshit written by midwits and im tired of retards comparing it to masterpiece that is Planescape: Torment

Attached: 1650298299062.png (1396x910, 2.69M)

it's pretentious (non-pejorative) but it's still well-written and has one of the best casts and settings of any game to come out in the last decade
is planescape even playable by current year standards

Wrong.

Both games are wordswordswords shit for gaylords
All planescape has is the setting

Explain how DE is pretentious without mentioning its fanbase

i didn't play planescape but i just KNOW that it's better than disco elysium

it might be a bit pretentious but its writing is still way better than anything released recently, though i haven't played torment yet so idk how both compare

nah disco elysium is good sorry u dont like REAL games

midwits are based and you are criinge

something something politics and/or devs

It starts with a quote. you can't get more pretentious than this

made by redditors for redditors

That's like calling Cormac McCarthy pretentious then praising Brandon Sanderson.

wow

Mccarthy IS pretentious and sanderson is amazing at being such a no talent hack.

IT INSISTS UPON ITSELF

is that IS THAT PLANESCAPE TORMENT?? I LOVE PLANESCAPE TORMENT!! (and deus ex and morrowind hehe)

>I LOVE PLANESCAPE TORMENT
Yes.
>(and deus ex
Yes.
>and morrowind
No.

damn bro great taste haha havent played them yet however though

Game constantly jumps between being serious and random wacky bullshit
Game actively putting labels on MC (uh oh you said something you must be FASCHIST/COMMIE/CENTRIST, here is your dialogue window where your inner shizo mumbling nonsense about icommies/coentrics whatever.
If you will take reasonable choices you will be labeled as boring, bravo, great writing

Hi there, lets have sex.

Agree. Disco is so tryhard it's obnoxious and incredibly annoying to read.

Civic Festhall and Ravel alone shit on all of No Truce With Furries.
And the main writer for PST is a hardcore serial rapist so that's another plus.

>wackiness is now pretentious
Not the user you're replying to but I can't help but chuckle just imagining someone going to some fucking traveling circus and watching clowns pie each other, literally lowest common denominator entertainment, and saying
"Damn this is pretentious... serious ring of fire and now clowns? Fucking elitist snobbery..."

Never.

The transition from serious to wacky (or wacky to serious) was very well done imo. Especially that one part where you radio in to Precinct 41, it starts off very goofy but I believe if you have high enough Esprit De Corps you get to see what happens afterwards and it becomes very sombre, but it didn't feel jarring or sudden at all imo.

How is any of this pretentious

Uhhh, it just is, ok?

>dogshit tedious and boring combat
>masterpiece

The Lady of Pain was by no means kind or compassionate, while she was not necessarily cruel either. She seemed to care about little more than maintaining the status quo of her city.[1] She had no interest in simple squabbles among her citizens or normal crimes such as burglary or murder. She only cared for things that might upset the balance or security of the city.[5]
>the perfect government doesn't exi-