Thoughts on this gameplay?

Thoughts on this gameplay?
youtube.com/watch?v=C0Ajv_sW_rM

It looks like they improved quite a bit over the original. Beside all the basic QoL stuff a modern console version could bring like better control layout, all voiced dialogues etc, the base combos look more fluid and snappy, there's proper targetting, you can activate limit breaks whenever instead of them playing out instantly, there's a charging stance for when enemies perform special attacks in which you can strike them to minimize the damage, or I assume completely cancel them given you manage to deal enough damage to the enemies, and you can skip the DMW movies which I don't remember the player being able to in the original beside for summons
I thought I saw a block that didn't just reduce damage but that was actually from a DMW buff that nullifies damage altogether. Rewatched a trailer and you still take damage from blocking.

That was one thing that became annoying on hard mode in the original. The whole game became really annoying on hard actually.
I had played through the original a bit before FFVIIR released and it was tedious as hell with how you had to get really in depth into the materia fusing system, only you also had to go through the boring repetitive side missions to unlock a lot of shit that became vital, otherwise the main story was near impossible to progress through at times.
I really hope the changes in the remake are enough to make hard mode not a piece of shit, since normal was already pretty easy, which I imagine will only get easier with the improved controls/mechanics, and the materia system was quite abusable.

Also, japanese voices would be the way to go for me if I end up picking up the game. Zack's new VA sounds pretty fucking bad compared to the original.

Attached: crisis_core_reunion.jpg (562x700, 69.78K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YiVPAlh2yZU
youtube.com/watch?v=fO0LThLLs08
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Looking forward to playing it again honestly. I’m one of the rare few that would like the ending to be changed to accommodate for the new trilogy but it’s not likely.

>Most famous video game publication in the world
>Can't even capture footage correctly
What did they mean by this?

Well, I just noticed rolling doesn't cost APs anymore, so I guess that's a trade off for the blocking issue.

This looks too good, I just need some switch footage to confirm the 720p x 60fps.
Fuck Zack and Sephiroth's VAs, the only stain in this whole remaster.

i was interested till i saw that its plays like ff15
no thx

ACTIVATING COMBAT MODE

this game seems as fun as Stranger of Paradise

5 cents have been deposited

youtube.com/watch?v=YiVPAlh2yZU
Japanese version of the same segment with a bit more gameplay at the beginning (plus Yuffie's first appearance).

I want them to find a way to make the plot even worse.
Retards have already accepted Advent Children, Crisis Core, Dirge of Cerberus, and now they've even accepted Kingdom Hearts bullshit and a battle against the actual concept of fate itself.
It appears that certain fans will just eat up literally anything no matter how bad it gets as long as FF7 is in the title. So please, make it worse. I want to know what the breaking point is, because right now it seems like there isn't one.
Is there anything bad enough that would make these people say "okay, this sucks" because I truly believe there's no bar low enough to make these people let go.

The UI for the DMW looks soulless and boring but I am otherwise into what I see

damn like it looks so tiny and basic. it is a psp game after all but its still jaring as fuck when contrasted with the modern graphics

>oh no there are people enjoying what I hate! please stop immediately! please!

>The roll spamming
Truly Dark Souls ruined a generation of gamers

All the changes sound pretty great and exactly what the game needed, it's just a shame the VAs suck so much compared to the originals, Zack in particular.
>complaining about blocking
Just replace it with Dash if you can't dodge when you need to.

youtube.com/watch?v=fO0LThLLs08
I expect a stinger at the end to be added to tie it into remake 2, but generally it looks like it's going to be just a really fancy remaster rather than a Game vs Game (2022) style remake

Not that user but are you retarded? Can someone not have an opinion anymore if it's different from yours or the masses? What the fuck is wrong with you user? I hared those stupid phantoms, the jenova battle, the dumb last battle with sephiroth, the dumbass right hand of don corneo who looks exactly like zexion and all that shit too. Are we not allowed to prefer the original, or expect a fucking remake to be just that, without turning into kingdom hearts?

Worried about the difficulty with the newly added system to cancel enemy's skill and facial expressions of short hair Zack. I think his mouth is too wide, eyebrows move mechanically and sometimes his face looks fat. Really strange.

You seem upset

Attached: 541349103.jpg (256x191, 12.8K)

Yeah, looks like they kept the structure of the environments untouched. Side missions better be improved or otherwise reworked in some way. I remember just avoiding enemies in those by simply running close to the walls so the game didn't go activating combat mode. That kind of stuff would be really jarring in a 2022 game, even if it's basically a fancy remaster of a 2007 psp game as another user said.

Looks way too faithful to make that change