Why did they completely cut a bunch of content from Dark Souls 3 and basically redo it at the last minute?

Why did they completely cut a bunch of content from Dark Souls 3 and basically redo it at the last minute?

Attached: 5A965A33-C615-4526-AB86-2E0A8C882EBF.jpg (1095x616, 86.85K)

It looked like fucking bloodborne

Probably was too ambitious and went up against the Bamco deadline so they just cobbled together whatever they had
Reminder Miyazaki never wanted Dark Souls to have sequels in the first place but they were mandated by Bamco to do so

>it's another thread of complaining about cut content and anons making up things from vague sources

Attached: 1638348016590.jpg (540x385, 42.09K)

In retail Faraam looks hollow because the Fire is fading and with it the Gods are going hollow, similar to the Chaos creatures, but originally King of the Storm was a Lord of Cinder, thus its marked hollow appearance. Why he linked the Fire is up to debate, but some cut content text lore states that, despite the disagreement with his father over the Dragons, he still led his subjects and traced the path of the ritual to sustain the Age of Fire.

Originally Sulyvahn was the "final" (not actually final) boss, he was called Lord of the Eclipse, and was Prince Lothric reborn during the Eclipse. Red Knight (which itself was a recycle of the original plans of Oscar of Astora, also cut content in the original Dark Soul) was the true final boss (think of Gehrman/Moon Presence). The game would more or less be like this, start at High Wall, reach Emma, be told to go to the Undead Settlement
There you would actually end up in the Dungeon and reach the Profaned Capital, take the Basin of Vows (an artifact remember the Lordvessel) and face Lorian and Lothric
With the blood of Lorian & Lothric (Remember the cutscene of the statue beheading himself?) you could access the Lothric Castle. Consumed King's Garden (most likely different name) ended up with Gundyr in Oceiros arena

>So Gundyr was the consumed King?

No, absolutely. Gundyr was called Old King of Lothric
He was in that arena but was called Old King of Lothric (one of the many homages to Demon's Souls present in Dark Souls 3)
Even in the leaked screenshots he had the coiled sword, but stabbing his side and not chest (and the alpha has a different animation for extracting the sword). This is likely the object that would have allowed the player to travel, similar to the Lordvessel in the original.

One of the "The Know" screenshots you can find online but if you notice (it's a bit hard but the sword is horizontal) there's a coiled sword.
A beautiful Old King Doran homage
>Was he always a Pus
Yeah, he is always referenced as a 2 phase boss with Pus of Man second phase track.
This was part of the theme of God's Grave/Abyss. There was something dark deep under Lothric.

Butterflies (or flying serpents) replacing Dragons as the apocalypse comes near
The Dreg Heap of Souls (just like the retail Dreg Heap of the DLC) was effectively Lothric Kingdom at the very endgame. In the alpha there's actual roots developing at Lothric's foundation, roots similar to butterflies and coincidentally similar to the roots composing "Sulyvahn" aka standard final boss and bad guy (the dlc tried to intriduce this tree race to justify Sulyvah,'s appearance but even that is cut content LOL!)

Dark Souls 3 setting and world in the alpha seems to be much more fascinating and grand, and consistent to the themes of heir/heritage/Blood/old&new (Gwyn/Faraam, Oceiros/Ocelotte, Lothric,...).
What Bamco did is awful and I feel sorry for the developers and designer who put their heart but were forced to wrap up a product not up to the standards
The saddest part for me will always be the Bat. Imagine making a tragic boss against the last of the fading Chaos Demons, which a wonderful track, and designing a giant ballista (likely built by Carthus swordsmen to keep the Demons at bay similar to the walls in the Depths in DS1), and then you are forced to cut it becauae some animations of effect weren't ready in time for the fiscal year

There is much more material that was recycled for ER such as the Haligtree/Elphael having remnants of God's Grave's design.

Always the same questions
>Development for Dark Souls 3 started before Miyazaki was President
>When Miyazaki stepped in he said the whole thing was a mess, basically unplayable technically and also Dark Souls 2 2 tier
>He decides to reboot the project and make it have an interconnected non linear map with time of day
>Bandai didn't want to keep the game in development for more and Miyazaki was forced to cut and reshuffles features and lore
>Miyazaki decided to carry the original storyline in Elden Ring instead

Everytime I hear about cut content from DS3 I just get sad. Same with 2, I don't understand why both games were forcefully rushed. Fuck namco.

I want to add the The Old King of Lothric was a pus because of the corruption of the Abyss which Oceiros unleashed.
Oceiros meddled with it to create his dragon bloodline which resulted in Lothric and the surrounding areas being flooded by Abyss creatures even harder than retail.

Lothric's resurrection happens through the Abyss. The Lords of Cinders are a representation of The Hand. Ludleth is basically a copy of Ubik and the original Sulyvahn (Aldrich) looked exactly like Conrad

>>Miyazaki decided to carry the original storyline in Elden Ring instead
Funny because he fucked up the lore in that game as well

This, what happened with Elden Ring then?

He didn't, Miquella and Godwyn are just not yet awaken

Attached: The Hand.jpg (3774x7955, 1.87M)

Who knows. Maybe there was some disconnect between the material GRRM provided and what the From writers actually did with it. Or it could be a DS2 situation where they bit off way more than they could chew and they had to butcher it down to a workable state. Or it's very possibly both of those things at once.

Very cool. Thanks for sharing. I love BB and DS3 like some kind of Ocarina and Majora's kind of thing. Two sides of the same coin. BB is my favorite game, and DS3 is probably my most played game at this point, but if was as refined as BB was and fleshed out as you portray their original intentions, it might have become my GOAT instead of BB. From does some great things and seems to have a lot of talent. Too bad ER just left me with the feeling that they made a parody of their own formula at this point.

How so?

nta, but it's absolutely riddled with holes because they tried doing their standard Souls game obscurity and handwaving tricks for a setting that doesn't support it.

hiroshima nagasaki said once in some interview that he tried to recreate his childhood trauma of reading a book in English as an ESL and not understanding like half of it. This impressed morons so much he turned it into his MO
>create a somewhat interesting dark fantasy world, write a coherent story for it
>hack it up into pieces and throw 50% of the information\exposition\plot\dialogues into the trash
>put the rest into blender and mix it until it has texture and consistency of diarrhea
>voila
I haven't even touched ER and i'm 99% sure once hackers dissect the code and find all the cut content it'll turn out to be the same fucking story

Stupid tranny

Same old shit I suppose - ran out of time and/or monies.

Right, I bet they're all doing it on purpose. Come on, user. Don't be a retarded gorilla nigger.

like shipping the game with a fucked up story matters, youtubers will weave the resultant shit into "kino" anyway. Bamco is genius to recognize this.