Freedom Planet 2 just came out

Freedom Planet 2 just came out.
What's the Any Forumserdict on it?

Attached: freedomplanet2.jpg (1000x1501, 212.38K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xaTeCgrEmfY
youtube.com/watch?v=pLzWxZYjNcs
youtube.com/watch?v=bni12_83KVw
youtube.com/watch?v=l4-_mPpnUUk
youtube.com/watch?v=WjM9mFy22ks
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

i havent played it

>armpit bait
Based.
>furry trash
Dropped.

>pits and tummy in cover art
i will now buy your game

>tranny dev
>furry shit
I pirated it and i'm pissed you can't just select classic mode to skip all the cringe cutscenes, the game makes you manually skip them

Is the dialogue still shit?
I'd mating press all those girls

Wait there's no classic mode in 2?

You have to beat the game first to unlock it. Some user in a previous thread found out you can modify the save file's json to set it on at the start.

Attached: 1659152498937354.png (475x579, 150.07K)

Open save file, it's just json. And edit the 'type' value from 1 to 2.
Problem solved.

Wow that's impressively retarded.

Indeed. Especially when the first game had it from the get-go. So it's a deliberate choice to make the sequel -worse-.
But you can just edit the savefile and tell Troondev to shove the cutscenes up his ass.

Nice. I actually like the cutscenes, but it should still be an option.

Agreed, especially when the fucking prequel had you choose right from the start.

I LOVE MILLA

Attached: 227200247_2653751874771137_108396440654462947_n-1.png (1080x790, 330.97K)

Lilac still feels amazing to control, but not too different from FP1 aside from a few new abilities(no you still don't get a ranged attack, you only get one during a power-up) and no she isn't better to control than Dust, at most she's faster. Lilac needs more hack n slash tier abilities so it properly feels like a mix of Sonic & DMC like Spark without having to use guns against the bosses.
The bosses in FP2 are much more mobile and refuse to stay in one place so you can hit them, 99% of bosses in FP2 have a range attack which makes them a pain.

Half or most of the level design feels less fast and more slow and puzzley like Relic Zone. The equivalent of the final dreadnought is pain incarnate full of puzzles in which you get stuck in.
Most of the levels feel like Jade Creek with how big they are and how vertical they are, you end up not knowing where the fuck to go and you often fall and have to redo the segment again and again just like in Jade Creek. However FP still continues its good trend of no random pitfalls of death. Every single level has a floor even the lava ones so you never have to deal with NES tier deaths.

Final boss would had been welcome in Copy X to extend the battle to not make him feel so weak, but Copy X just like Merga is a pathetic character and a pathetic boss, in Merga's case she doesn't even have a medium and huge form like Brevon did. She just has 6 phases and they're all small bosses that are not fun to fight off against. The crystal boss right before her was more intimidating.
Ironically Merga should have had a medium phase in the form of the secret boss and ironically the secret boss should have had a small form like Merga. Brevon wasn't a great name but it's still a million times better than Merga. Brevon kinda sounds like brave or bold, merga sound like Megan from Family Guy. Her voice actor is also shit unlike Brevon's. Half of Brevon's character wouldn't have worked if his voice wasn't deep as hell.

Story and gameplay has a lot of interesting elements and extra content ... you'd expect out of a 86s and 90s cartoon and video games (however there are a bunch of things it should have did such as evil infected main characters, more small & medium Serpentine fights, better designed vehicle levels(traversing that specific level as the bunny mech was painful and the fight itself was brainless), more mutated bosses, more group fights, a friendly AI flying through the walls to follow you and telling him to fuck off when needed,

but the dialogue is even more literal catdogsushishit than before with 0 intellectual lines being found. If you like even more awkward melodrama and even stupider humour like "cooties" then FP2 delivers as a sequel to that writing. It's bigger, badder, worse. You will not be disappointed with how cringe it is, sadly it's more awkward than kino like Serpentine, the AI, Brevon which delivered the kino, while the rest delivered the cringe.

The 4 new secondary characters are a million times worse than the previous ones. "Aaa" is a worse Serpentine. Corazon & Askal are a worse Neera and Spade. Captain Claw is just a badly written Zapp Brannigan type and we all hate that guy. There is no alien duck guy, despite Serpentine and the AI making a comeback in this game.

Story tries to go for a "no you're the villain" bullshit instead of a proper simple "I'm the bad guy" villain like Dominator and Brevon who any sensitivities he might say are closely followed by sarcasm or come from a hypocritical asshole lying to you and bringing everything bad unto himself in the first place.

Just finished it and I thought it was really good. Not 8 years good but maybe equivalently good to FP1 despite having more faults. Carol was a lot of fun, I loved diving into dive-kick to instantly go 80 mph. I thought the story was cute but Merga was a weak villain and her fight was serviceable. Doing the ""true ending"" tomorrow then maybe will start a new character on classic. Neera or Milla?

Attached: game.png (300x116, 37.86K)

Milla delivers a newer experience if you've already played Carol & Lilac. Neera is a weird thing between Milla & Carol, she plays much stiffer, just like a miniboss turned into a playable character.

Did Serpentine die?

I was already disappointed with the soundtrack since I heard it 5 years ago. While I liked the main theme and echoey stuff, like the jazzy version of Dragon Valley, it got boring really fast, it's not energetic music, it's music that puts you to sleep.

Too frilly and gay, too many soft remixes of the theme, too many generic sounding stuff and the equivalent of the FInal Dreadnought gets a fucking accordion and trumpets in it mix, it feels nothing like a final level's soundtrack. Merga's 2 final boss themes also sound half asleep and one sounds cheerful like it's a bonus level theme and halfway remembers it should try to sound slightly more aggressive only to sound more frilly;
youtube.com/watch?v=xaTeCgrEmfY

youtube.com/watch?v=pLzWxZYjNcs
youtube.com/watch?v=bni12_83KVw

It tries to be more like Jazz Jackrabbit2 but doesn't even deliver on that front. It's stuck in between. Aqua Tunnel 2 sounds both jazzy and rocking at the same time without putting you to sleep. Aqua Tunnel 2 is basically how you do jazz without putting you to sleep.
youtube.com/watch?v=l4-_mPpnUUk
youtube.com/watch?v=WjM9mFy22ks

>Story and gameplay has a lot of interesting elements and extra content ... you'd expect out of a 86s and 90s cartoon and video games
>you'd expect out of a 86s and 90s cartoon and video games
Sold. That's all I needed to know. Cool copypasta though, here's hoping someone else reads through all of it

How old even is Neera supposed to even be? I thought she was mid 20s but that can’t be the case now.

I'm convinced originally that theme was made for Milla, Lilac or the entire group as a friendly sparring match. It sounds nothing like the theme for Merga's personality, let alone a final boss theme. Sounds more like a bonus boss theme. It would be more fitting if the titlescreen jumped in your face and started beating your ass. Like any bonus stage theme it feels too upbeat and meta.
Even mutated Milla's theme sounded more aggressive, but still sounded like another remix of the FP theme because you were facing off against a main character.