Took the west making a Samurai game about literally Japan's own culture for Japan to think "maybe samurai game... good?"

>took the west making a Samurai game about literally Japan's own culture for Japan to think "maybe samurai game... good?"
7th gen of consoles was a mistake and Keiji Inafune was a disaster for modern Japanese game development

Attached: ishin_remake.jpg (1280x720, 92.7K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4wVSyxsUQHU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

true, and rgg needs to release these games in the west

>story about a samurai dude with leather boots and a revolver trying to force Japan to open up to the world
>refused to release it to the rest of the world for nearly a decade
Pottery.

What the fuck are you on about?

Attached: ishin.jpg (640x742, 123.28K)

Games about samurai and ninja was my favorite genre back then. Playing games like Tenchu, Way of the Samurai, Kengo, Samurai Shodown, Ninja Gaiden, Shinobi, Bushido Blade, Onimusha is clearly my peak vidya childhood memory now so I'm really glad we are back to it after Sekiro, Nioh and GOT. I'm still assblasted that those retards were really thinking for more than 10 fucking years that this kind of theme wouldn't work in the west.

He means in terms of localization, I assume

>japs realize their mistake and go full samurai mode
Kino.

And now the women don't look like grandmas.

I love the Samurai. I also love Ninja.

Wasn't this about the story over the theme that it wasn't release in the west?
The number 1 reason was "whito pigu don't know about japanese history so they're gonna complain about the game"

>samurai game good
WHERE'S MY FUCKING NEXT GEN KESSEN

Still one of the best games on PS2

Attached: Kessen.jpg (308x445, 37.58K)

I hope they restore this next.

Kessen is pure goddamn kino.

Japan was already open when Ryoma got into politics
>Ryōma under the alias Saitani Umetarō (才谷梅太郎) worked against the Bakufu, the government of the Tokugawa shogunate, and was often hunted by their supporters and the Shinsengumi. Ryōma advocated for democracy, Japanese nationalism, return of power to the Imperial Court, abolition of feudalism, and moderate modernization and industrialization of Japan.

The Shogunate was trying hard to keep the lids close, the Imperialis wanted the coup the Shogunate.

Ryoma was the most based of all, he wants to break the samurai and create a people-supported republic.

Samurai is cucked, it's establishment.

The most based one is ronin (lordless samurai) and ninja.

Why does the game make Sakamoto Ryouma and Saito Hajime to be the same person?

Read what you just posted again. He fought against the Bakufu.
>The Tokugawa shogunate organized Japanese society under the strict Tokugawa class system and banned most foreigners under the isolationist policies of Sakoku to promote political stability

I was going purely by the wiki article which says
>became an active opponent of the Tokugawa Shogunate after the end of Japan's sakoku isolationist policy.

No, it doesn't?

More like it's trying to combine Ryoma with the squad leader Hijikata Toshizo.

>Could have had an awesome modern day Rurouni Kenshin game in the Meiji era
>Watsuki's pedo scandal will never allow it to get made
It hurts.

So as opposed to the main games where Kiryu never kills anybody, this is the game where you kill EVERYONE?

By Modern day, I meant that a Kenshin game from being made from 2022 onwards, not that the game takes place in the modern day.

You can see the blood, so yes.
It can still be made, they just need a good revival.

Sakamoto Ryouma aka Kiryu in this game goes undercover to infiltrate the Shinsengumi under the fake name Saito Hajime, and impresses them so much they make him 3rd Unit Captain that day

Damn, I thought they are gonna make Majima the Saito.

Majima is Okita

These games are finally putting the myth that japanese samurai never use guns to rest.

He's actually not, he killed the real Okita and assumed his identity so that their enemies didn't know Okita was dead

Okita Soji is a stereotypical breddy boy and doesn't fit Majima at all.

He also has the cuff.

What? There were like, three different samurai type games last generation that all came around the same time. I thought it was a fucking conspiracy. There was Nioh (and Nioh 2), Sekiro, and Ghost of Tsushima. I'm not even accusing you of anything OP. I'm just wondering what the hell was up with that.

It says who everyone is in this trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=4wVSyxsUQHU

Yeah it's brought up that Majima doesn't fit Okita and its explained in the story