What's the proper way to advertise my game?

What's the proper way to advertise my game?

Attached: 2022-01-26-15_35_48-window[1].png (598x336, 33.39K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=x3LbLXkFCDw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

for starters, they could make something appealing in the first place

put black women on your cover

The free market will fix it.

Shill it on Any Forums.

The world doesn't *need* videogames at all.

Is this guy suggesting that people stop making video games?

You WILL stop making your problematic freethinking games and you WILL join an outsourced AAA company.

>the world doesn't need thing
ok, so?

Have a shallow political statement in it so people talk about it and argue incessantly about anything other than the game itself.

Show it off to friends and other trusted associates, if you don't have those shill it on Plebbit or some other site

This is Jeff Vogel's latest game, with such amazing graphics and sound he is surely in a position to criticise:

youtube.com/watch?v=x3LbLXkFCDw

Depends. Do you want to sell your game just for quick money? Or do you want people to actually enjoy your game and have fond memories of it after playing it?

>wahhh everything on steam doesn't appeal to me therefore it shouldn't exist
???
there should probably be more quality control, but I'd prefer it too open rather than too closed

Make a thread highlighting obscure indie games and have one of the you post be yours.
If it looks good it will travel down the grapevine into reddit where a youtuber will pick it up and play it.

>there should probably be more quality control

Who is meant to perform quality control? Why is quality control necessary?

If anything he thinks that Steam should curate their catalog.

Word of mouth for a good game will honestly do wonder but its has to be good and not shit you think is good due to ego/everyone humoring you and saying its good

Steam should've been a place to see quality games. If I want shovelware I'd browse itch.io or something

oh he's the 20 years in gamedev without a hit gdc guy

both?

Does posting on Any Forums do any good? I was under the impression that Any Forums is not that influential.

if its good, buy it
if you dont like it, dont buy it
simple as

Attached: gaben based.jpg (1000x650, 164.61K)

12 years ago it was worth it to browse through steam.
Now it isn't.

Simple as.

Attached: 1659664422372290.jpg (622x605, 47.83K)