What makes Civ V so timeless?

What makes Civ V so timeless?

Attached: MV5BNTU0MDk4MTkyN15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwOTAwMjM5OA@@._V1_.jpg (1468x2048, 2.87M)

Nothing :)

VI is better

IV is better

(my first Civ) is better

The switch to hex grid was long overdue.

Impressionism and Art Deco is god-tier art direction.

Districts, while they add complexity, kind of ruin the aesthetic. More city-builder than empire-builder.

They also kind of killed going tall which is a comfort zone for a lot of players.

It will never not make both the IV- and the VI-fags seethe.

Shit game fuck off

samefag kek

I've tried so many times to get into 4, vanilla and with mods but every time it's just...shit. Didn't have this problem with 3 or FreeCiv so I have no idea what's doing it.

This. The only better thing in V is the world congress and that shits all over VI and arguably the card system, but I'd say that's on par with VI's

bump

4 fans mostly resent the game for being far more popular than the previous ones, while 6 fans don't like how 5 is still super popular and beloved despite not being current.

All I have to say is that VI is a fucking eyesore.

Oh god yeah.
The water color clash-of-clans look is hideous.
The map is super hard to read not only because of the artstyle and the bloom making the colors look very similar; but also because some retard thought that it would be a good idea to make both the fog of war and the unexplored territory the same ass color and design.

Civ 5 still looks really good. The only part which really aged is some of the leader models and animation.

I've been playing Humankind recently, its art style is similar to VI but toned down to where it isn't ugly or unreadable. I cannot play VI for longer then half an hour, like playing an fps with a 60fov it gives me a headache.

I think Humankind looks so much worse because the UI is the worst UI I've literally ever seen.
Also I fucking hate how the map goes grey whenever you zoom out, like who the fuck thought that was a good idea?

The whole game really does feel designed by corporate shills. Corporate art style and diversity (pic related), the civ lite game design, not introducing interesting civs from Europe or Asia and instead focusing on Africa and South America in the DLC, ect.
The game doesn't really have an identity but at least my head doesn't hurt when I play it. And the combat is all right

Attached: 1660907372915.jpg (1920x1080, 320.37K)

Still no replacement for Civ 5 or eve 4 and 3.
Hell, I'd rather play Civ 6 then Humankind personally

The only things I miss from Civ 2 are the advisors and the portrait of the Russian empress. Other than that I think the newer Civs (especially 4 and 5) do everything as good or better than it.

4's cool but the combat being N+1 doomstacks is kind of shit being honest, the same reason why Total War games are kind of bad.

my only complaint with 5 is the tech tree needs reworking in places

dank pape user
fucking saved

The tech shuffle option from 6 is something that both of the earlier games deserve.

It's so much better than VI and its not even funny. The pacing of VI is fucked and all the resources don't feel right.

wait that's a feature in 6?
thats actually cool as fuck
i wonder how hard it would be for someone to make mods for 4 and 5 that do that

cuz honestly the only thing that stops 5 from being the perfect definitive strategy game is that the bottom half of the tech tree is pointless for most of the game