Why though?

Why though?

Attached: Tales-of-Symphonia-Remastered_2022_09-14-22_001.jpg (1920x1300, 877.69K)

Not sure but I'm not against more people getting to play Symphonia for the first time

I'll be here laughing as people get fleeced.
Even $5 legally on PC is too much but it's better than the probably $60 they'll be charging for this.

>No Xillias remaster
>no Rebirth remaster
>ToD2 and ToD DC still only in Japanese
>"remaster" of the shittiest version of a game that showed its age even when it came out
>Legendia supposedly getting a remaster
Tales of is just doomed. Its like being a retard is a requirement to work on that series.

But what would be the point of playing this over the PC version?

is it even gonna be 60fps this time or is it just the shitty PS3/PC port again?

30fps locked in every platform

Same old PS2 port.

>Still the very same game as the 30fps-locked PS2 version, just because that one got extra content and devs are too lazy to touch up decades-old code

Attached: 1489333213012.jpg (227x228, 22.5K)

Attached: image000000(44).jpg (2433x1045, 820.49K)

You will buy it again and you WILL be happy.

Attached: Fcn7vgJagAM3ubt.jfif.jpg (1535x2048, 149.23K)

Cheap, fast and guaranteed cash. That's why.
Idiotd will buy any bad port of a popular game not available for their platform.

It's going to be the shitty ass 30fps version

Because there were only three Tales games, Phantasia, Symphonia and Vesperia, and thus they have to release as many times as possible even if it means releasing them twice on the same console.

We'll never see them again will we?

Attached: 1470359675225.jpg (1600x1200, 750.1K)

You had your chance.

Attached: file.png (1500x1330, 2.95M)

Who are they?

Who?

Because it's one of the only good Tales games. But I'm worried because has there ever been a good "remaster"?

Attached: 1651807362340.webm (552x614, 2.83M)

I need more though.

Attached: abyss 3ds ps2.jpg (3840x2160, 660.7K)

I'll buy the switch version physical for twenty bucks

I only like Jade and the loli 2bh fabalams...

Vesperia just had one, which makes this low effort port even more baffling.

Attached: cloud10.png (640x573, 144.64K)

Does Graces f count?

Because the switch sells everything no matter how lazy or mediocre the game is. Bamco still can't be assed to make any improvements to these symphonia ports for some god forsaken reason. Only good thing that'll come of this is more presea art, maybe.

Attached: c15eafeed9c85c6b4ac82c91f4af4145.png (1500x1400, 495.45K)

I am surprised how many fans of Abyss keep popping up on these threads. It's generally the least popular of the Symphonia team games. Lots of development issues and a rough back half combined with a real slow-burn story and cast that takes a long time to grow on you make it not the most fondly remembered. I did like the mechanics though and think it's generally an underappreciated gem. Japan seems to like it a lot too.

>has there ever been a good remaster
Skyward Sword HD
Heartgold and Soulsilver
Live A Live
Black Mesa
Metroid Zero Mission
Demon's Souls

that's the literal entire list

11 hours til the Tales stream, then we'll know for sure if this is the only thing they're announcing or if they just introduced it as an appetizer

Attached: file.png (1280x720, 1.59M)

>Vesperia is a 360 game
>Remaster targets 60 fps on all platforms
>Symphonia is a GC game
>Remaster is locked into 30 on all platforms
For what purpose? Watch Bamco do damage control and announce a performance mode.

if they're too lazy to fix it, i'm too lazy to buy it.

because it's not a remaster. it's a port of a port of a port.

I started off liking most of the characters and by the end of arc 2 I hated most of them, Jade is the exception.

I love Abyss way more than Symphonia.

Correction
It's a port, of an upgraded port, of a remaster, of a downgraded port.

If they just made the game 60 FPS there'd be no reason to bitch, but fucking Scamco can't be assed.

This. Bamco is lying out their ass

They are adding a cutscene skip at least. More effort than Square put in for their FFX remasters

Because it has the best music in the franchise
I say this having only played Symphonia, I dunno wtf goes on in those other games

I had a copy I just sold.