What happened to make people so obsessed with graphics and framerates...

What happened to make people so obsessed with graphics and framerates? Which company had the best marketing scheme that brainwashed people into believing HD 8k rock and tree textures made good games? Every few months we get trailers with pic related scenes and people lose their minds. People somehow still believe 4k visuals of plain-looking landscapes are required to make a game good when objective evidence proves that people don't get a fuck about anything other than a fun & engaging game. The switch is less powerful than my cellphone and is unironically destroying the competition in every single metric available, yet certain groups are unable to understand its popularity. Is this because they feel a need to justify their purchases? Is it because they're just teenagers? Or is it something deeper?

Discuss.

Attached: mount610.jpg (610x343, 74.35K)

>great graphics in a great game

Sounds good to me

>great graphics in a bad game

Nope nope nope can't count how many games sucked because the devs were too focused on making rocks look pretty.

Red dead is the first one.

Horizon or any ubisoft game is the second one.

its like you don't know anything about normies. Normies like "new". Anything "new" they can't have makes a normie feel left out. They never set trends or wonder why something is trending. They just follow the "new" thing.

Well, even noticed how relevant teraflops suddenly are at the start of each generation?

cant be the only one who sees the higher resolutions just make everything look fake, i was a big chill for 4k until i said fuck it bought a crt and play everything at 800x600. never looked back dont think about graphic settings and framerate anymore

Attached: 1661272926989429.jpg (800x640, 76.98K)

PC gamers are the most insecure gamers on the planet. They have a nagging need in their souls to justify the purchase of their $3000 box. Seriously, if you don't like PC gaming they go feral lmao.

>yfw its a consolefriend thread

Pretty much this. They buy the game, play for it a bit. Most will stop playing a few hours in and move on to the next hype cycle, while the minority finishes the game.

>people only became obsessed with graphics recently
i wish everyone under the age of 18 would fuck off from this board

I'm older than you.

>3000 dollars to build a gaming PC in 2022
lol

and you're still a virgin. congrats i guess

please teach me more about normalfags user, i dont have any friends (except Jesus of course)

Only thing I care about is frame rates. The PS360 era was hell for someone who was used to PC gaming. Only VERY late into the PS4/One lifecycle did devs actually give half a shit about getting above 30 frames. 4k and above for res is a complete meme though.

PC 'gamers' game less than any other gaming group in my experience. They mostly shit up the internet with port begging and shitting on consoles. It's a strange fandom.

framerates are a meme just like everything else. 30 is fine. 60 is fine. Some of the best games in history run at 30 or even less than 30. Games being at 60FPS have not made a huge dent in the top 50 games of all time.

Congrats, you've been successfully marketed to.

>this user thinks he immune to advertising unlike his dad

to answer your question op i guess its just the easiest route to sell, its all technical and doesnt need any heart or spirit. as for why the people want it its just indoctrination i guess

Attached: 1659628253333761.jpg (700x820, 55.92K)

>Discuss
>but I'll call everything you say a meme

so pcfags are normies?
I blame twitch streamers desu.

I don't think it's that ridiculous to think that people would want to be in worlds that look realistic to facillitate immersion or whatever. People have always wanted better graphics.

i'm probably old enough to be your father. my desire for fps came from a time before the internet and before i even knew what framerate is
i simply got dizzy playing 3d games at 20-30 fps while the dizziness went away at 60
when hardware eventually improved and benchmarking became more common (early 2000s), pinpointing the source of the problem became easy
you were born at a time when all of this was common so the knowledge becomes so inherent it's assimilated into memes. whether it's zoomers like you who say framerate doesn't matter, or zoomers on the opposite end who say 144/180fps is their needed baseline
fwiw, none of what you're complaining about is actually new. back in the 2000s when people started being aware of framerate, you had hordes of retards insisting "the human eye could not see above 24fps". and in the 90s, people were obsessed with muh graphics. literally every video game magazine talked about nothing but graphics

that's a meme

If you can’t tell a difference between 60 and 30 fps there is nothing I can say to help you. You are either trolling or have some kind of impediment.

Because people don't want to ruin their eyesights staring at a tiny screen?

Agreed. But is it worth it anymore? WIth the ballooning of budgets and quality of these highly graphical games, they've just gotten worse over time. I think there's a sweet spot and to be honest, I think that sweet spot was 1080p.

Even goddamn indie games nowadays can get 4K/120Hz with DLSS.

Downgrading is harder than upgrade.

Oh I can tell the difference. It just doesn't bother me outside of fighting games or twitch shooters.

Companies realized if they make a game pretty enough, consumers won't be able to tell how dreadful and unfulfilling it feels to actually play until they have started playing the game for themselves

Attached: CliffSouls.jpg (1920x1080, 233.76K)

What? I play my switch on a 50inch TV and my eyes are fine?

For someone who doesn't know much about development studios, graphics are the most reliable signal of a quality product. Nintendo only gets away with it because their brand is pretty much synonymous with video games.

PC Gamers are trapped in 2013 because one underpowered console generation.

I have to adjust slightly when jumping between my PC and PS4. Mainly for third person games especially though, oddly enough.

now that is some high grade copium

There are plenty of games that don't come to switch and plenty of PC games that arent ported to the console. Besides, the overwhelming majority of PC gamers don't have very powerful PCs according to Steam.
also PC gamers dont even play games, they just talk about them

What's tiny about 50inches?

>now that is some high grade copium
The sales don't agree with you