Elden ring stacked the odds so hard against the invaders that it completely killed pvp and as a side effect...

Elden ring stacked the odds so hard against the invaders that it completely killed pvp and as a side effect, replayability.

Prove me wrong

Attached: aGhopp3MHppi7kooGE2Dtt8C.jpg (2880x2160, 935.46K)

PvP was always going to stand in the way of broader appeal because you can't turn down a difficulty slider vs real people, in fact preventing their invasions makes the game HARDER so I think it was for the best to relegate invasions to mostly dueling and let people who want to play the game...play the game.

Good. Do shit, get hit.

And now the game has lost NINETY FIVE percent of its peak playercount

That's what happens with casual games, people play them and move on

as with 99% of all games

Cope

cope lol

>invaderfags crying
Lmao, good

>Prove me wrong
You've done nothing to substantiate your stance.

Boom.

Invaderfags keep the series alive. Nobody goes back to the old souls games to fight the slow as fuck bosses that everyone has already figured out. They go for the pvp since that's the only challenge left

tl;dr
Cope

just gotta get creative

Attached: eldenring_invasion_mimicshort.webm (960x540, 2.81M)

It's just comical that you can invade at level 30 and fight 2 guys in endgame gear with 1000hp who can 1hit you with a light attack. I ended up just building my invader characters to do absurd oneshot damage, my win rate is like 95% through pure cheese. it's not just that they stacked the odds, it's the fact that they made every attack a superpowered anime final move. it made the bosses gay as fuck to fight too (amongst other reasons) because you no longer attack and dodge, you wait for spirit ashes to pull aggro then shoot your 8 million damage laser beam into their back from halfway across the arena. even fighting trash mobs in the overworld, your best option is to spam your ashes of war instead of dodging and attacking. all of the problems stem from their balancing issues, and it slaughters the replayability because it's fucking boring

It did a number of other things that hit replayability too, most of the game is a total waste of time and resources on replay, it loses so much value after the first run and becomes more of a checklist of things you need that are all massively spread out and more of a pain in the ass than they should be.
It goes to show just how much elden ring relies on exploration to carry your interest in the game, when you remove it there's a lot less than the other titles by comparison to it's full game.

Frankly, I enjoy the 1v2, 1v3 fights, I don't know if I can go back to 1v1 invasions, they'd feel almost unfair, tame, boring by comparison.
I like how spicy it is invading into two or three people who all want you dead and likely all pose a threat, this myth of the virginal, frail, innocent PvEr is just silly, this person largely doesn't exist in my experience.
If anything, they're usually the ones with the fewest qualms using any and all bullshit the game allows them to just delete you from the game so they can go back to their uninterrupted pve steamroll.

fucking kick the bucket and kill invasions already
no one likes them, they're all sweatlords that wants to be like their favourite pvp streamer

low level invasion hotspots have always been a shitshow
does nobody remember invading infinitely upward in ds1 and having to deal with level 700 havelmonsters in burg or parish?
4-man squads with DLC weapons were a mainstay at high wall in ds3, and the swamp was full of the scummiest bastards who couldn't cut it in pontiff's backyard

The invaders getting the shit end of the stick incentivized them to cheese pvp even further making it even worse than before. A good example is

Being Open World killed the replayability.

Hacks
/thread

>and as a side effect, replayability
I don't touch PvP in any of the games after launch month and yet I replay each of them almost every year
So you're wrong

you can dodge and attack just fine if yo uarent total shit. You could cheese every dark souls game so its nothing new being able to cheese elden ring with bullshit strats that let you ignore game mechanics/. the fact that you think elden ring forces you to play like that just means you arent very good.

this isn't cheese, this is exactly how the game is supposed to work.

i bet you think stealth in MGS is cheese too

The amazing co-op makes up for the shitty pvp, honestly.
Min/Max glass cannon co-op is more fun than being a turbofaggot invader with powerstance seppuku weapons or magic spam
Definitely gonna make a low level character for whenever the game goes on sale and when the DLC comes out.

Attached: 1530063756360.png (1024x1024, 12.87K)

>single player game isn't doing industry leading numbers anymore
>a year later

Back to dortnite with you.