What's even the fucking appeal of floating islands?

What's even the fucking appeal of floating islands?

Everybody complains that open world games now have WAY too much empty space, what does Nintendont do? Fill the map with floating island with LITERAL empty space between them.

Attached: dumb.jpg (1920x1080, 1.3M)

That empty space was already there though. They've reduced it with the floating land.

The empty space is filled with floor level, user.
Its adding a layer on top, not removing a thing.

It's because Genshin has floating landmasses or mountains that might as well be in the skies

>They've reduced it
>Its adding, not removing

Attached: babby.jpg (385x383, 19.49K)

They have to be excited for something and flying islands are the only stand-out thing shown off

They have reduced empty space by adding stuff that isn't empty space. The space is no longer empty.

They've done nothing to reduce the actual empty space on the existing reused overworld and are instead substituting it for a new layer of areas with even more empty space

expands on the verticality of the first game, makes traversal both richer and more complex since the solution to reach a place isn't "just climb bro" anymore, opens up the possibility for freefall aerial combat scenarios as described in the patent uncovered months ago

It's like islands, but floating. Pretty cool.

Attached: 1662216538471.png (700x902, 313.96K)

Doesn’t matter. BotW fags are gonna tell us all how innovative floating islands are and that nobody has ever done this ever in the history of ever.

I wonder how much of a mechanic stamina is even going to be. Seems like you could easily get anywhere on the surface at least just by jumping off a sky island.

>since the solution to reach a place isn't "just climb bro" anymore,
Now its "just use revali's gale bro"

Im disappointed because I thought they were going to go in the complete other direction. That very first teaser made it seem like the game would take place UNDERGROUND, which is a lot cooler. Instead, they decided to make the game up in the sky with floating islands. I wanted to go down, not up.

>That very first teaser made it seem like the game would take place UNDERGROUND

this.
Zelda on the surface, Metroid underground in one game. it wouldve been awesome

uh hu, how about fix weapon durability and add dungeons and enemy variety, ya know the stuff people wanted? instead of autistically revisiting skyward sword that no one liked.

with the amount of time theyve had to work on this game, and if they reuse the world from BOTW they could do both easily

revali's gale likely doesn't exist anymore and even if it did it doesn't lift link remotely high enough to even reach the lowest altitude islands we've seen

>muh caves

Attached: tumblr_33caa6fa2d9060d1ebf32b7f13a3bf38_59ae975d_1280.jpg (800x450, 58.55K)

>That very first teaser made it seem like the game would take place UNDERGROUND, which is a lot cooler.
it likely still does, the first half of the trailer shows a mural that's obviously in a dark place lit by torches, aonuma said last year that the world expanded beyond just the skies and if you look at the latest trailer you can already see holes and caverns on the map that weren't there in the first game

>if you look at the latest trailer you can already see holes and caverns on the map that weren't there in the first game
This was already proven bullshit. Every "crater" in the trailer is also present in the original.

I never thought about it before looking at this image, but I bet they're going to have a bunch of old school Zelda puzzles that require memorizing the layout of a dungeon and backtracking multiple times in the right order, except in this case you'll have to get to a certain place on the surface to get up to specific sky islands, which in turn lets you jump down to new areas and so forth.

no

Attached: srtjrjstjr.png (1729x945, 1.46M)

>>muh caves
Yes

Attached: dungeon-aurelien.jpg (1280x1656, 717.3K)

We know the islands came from the surface, so obviously the ground is full of a bunch of holes. They've just made a point to not show much of the ground yet.

>ask a question
>get an answer
>UMMM WHAT ABOUT DUNGEONS SWEATIE
how about killing yourself

Yes, that's just rubble that was submerged in water. That area is in the original game.

>We know the islands came from the surface, so obviously the ground is full of a bunch of holes
They didn't come from the surface, they're flying over the existing overworld and different chunks are breaking off of them and falling down into Hyrule. None of the landscape shots we've seen have any craters that show where the islands would have risen up from

I'm just glad we're getting the real Skyward Sword at last.

We've literally seen them rising from the ground.

there's a hole in the wall left to link that isn't in the original game, please don't be a sperg and don't make me waste my time

can you make him omega small sitting in the background?

Because it's clearly a time rewinding mechanic making them go back to where they came from?

>Everybody complains that open world games now have WAY too much empty space
If by "everybody" you mean people who force themselves to play every single game that releases and don't have other hobbies, then sure. But normal people who only play games that interest them don't have this bizarre hatred for open world games. In fact, most people like open world games, which is why so many get made.

The islands didn't come out of the ground you retards. Pieces of the islands fell TO the gound as they came out of whatever rift they were pulled from.

Attached: 20220915_130426.png (269x304, 62.12K)

The only one that rises out of the ground is Hyrule Castle which is far lower than any of the other actual islands

>Everybody complains that open world games now have WAY too much empty space
I didn't think BotW had too much empty space and I likely won't think this game does either. Travel between the ground and the sky islands is likely faster than you're giving it credit for, plus it opens up a lot of fun movement possibilities.

Just say you hate the concept of adventure and move on, holy fuck you people are exhausting.