In an interview with Masayoshi Yokoyama...

>In an interview with Masayoshi Yokoyama, the RGG Studio chief and Executive Producer told Fanbyte that there were a number of factors involved with finally bringing the game to the west. One surprising key, however, was the 2020 open-world samurai title Ghost of Tsushima from PlayStation studio Sucker Punch.

>"We saw how well Ghost of Tsushima did, and how it was about this very Japanese setting made by Americans, so that gave us confidence Ishin could do well in America too," Yokoyama said.

Thank you based Ghost chads.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 117.14K)

Yakuza fans will finally play a yakuza game

the Ghost of Tsushima, Nioh, Sekiro E3 was the start of the Samurai wave and I appreciate that

Attached: file.png (1108x556, 493.68K)

based

It's incredible how out of touch japs are with what westerners like. They'll fill their games with FUCKSHITBITCH dialogue because FUCKSHITBITCH is how westerners talk and they'll refuse to localize a game because it's set in 1700's japan.

We really are just stereotype cartoons to most of them.

Attached: ana_gaijin.jpg (1600x720, 57.52K)

>We really are just stereotype cartoons to most of them.
That has led to absolute gems such as Binary Domain, so I'm fine with it.

hope it sells well so we get kienzan too

Ghost really was an excellent game, but one i'll never play again.

Bakumatsu bros, we eating good...

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 144.83K)

So what will happen to the stuff about child prostitution or was that in the sequel?

>swap out all the literal whos from 5 with more recognizable characters from 0 and 7
>worst girl is still in the game
Why Sega? WHY?

Attached: haruka.jpg (1280x720, 118.75K)

I'm kind of okay with that honestly, at least they're not being malicious about it. There's downside of that obviously, but their interpretation of western stuff are charming in its own way.

Very nice. Hope to play Hiroshima one day as well.

Still waiting for an open world realistic (as in, no magic and monsters) samurai/ronin simulator. But I'd like it to be less dark and more about adventuring.

Ishin is the sequel. But that stuff was in Kenzan, the first game.

Does it still have the action combat or did they make it an RPG instead? The gameplay trailer was confusing.

I'm glad they realize that people care about their history now. Thank you Sucker Punch for opening the JP devs eyes

Samurais are popular in the west?
Stop the fucking presses, we got a scoop on our hands here.

Alright, my bad.

Like a Dragon is a gay name

Attached: yakuza.png (512x512, 404.3K)

Ishin isn't really a sequel. Both Kenzan and Ishin are totally separate games set 200 years apart, loosely following the lives of two real life, historically relevant Japanese samurai.

If you defend them replacing iconic 5 characters with less relevant gooks from 7 then you deserve worse than Kaoru

>worst girl is still in the game
You didn't really think they'd replace Haruka did you? Who would they put instead?

What's more hilarious is Sakamoto Ryoma was a huge westaboo who tried push Japan to open up with western world back then.

so what's the context of Isshin to the mainline of the Yakuza games? is it just a spinoff or canon?

Attached: tumblr_pw79jwRsAT1r6ym1bo8_r1_250.gif (240x232, 2.84M)

No number = not mainline.

Spin-off with zero relation to Yakuza events, both games that happens in past times in Japan have self-contained stories and were made as a testing ground for a new engine for a new gen of the PlayStation

>were made as a testing ground for a new engine for a new gen of the PlayStation
And now, the Ishin remake/remaster is made partly as a testing ground for Unreal Engine.

Why do they look like Kiryu? Are they his ancestors or is just because it's a yakuza game and they had to make Kiryu the protag?