What went so wrong?

What went so wrong?

Attached: 1406066425656.jpg (2837x2200, 799.2K)

Other urls found in this thread:

streamable.com/apvgjk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

shit combat

Too much grinding, boring gameplay.

No real height terrain, and the core audience want's to keep it low-tech. The non-combat stuff is nice, though.

Grand Exchange. It killed player trading and shops in one swoop. Some sort of tax on every transaction would have made it only useful for bulk selling, so players would have still traded for the best price

Jagex.

If they had it their way they'd delete the wilderness again.

See the failed bounty hunter updates for osrs

anti-social game play is mandatory now, because typing is an exp waste.
Botting still is still rampant.
Power creep is a bitch.
etc etc

EOC, 2011 HD graphics pre EOC was peak RS.

>they'd delete the wilderness again.
why did Jagex want to kill their game? Imagine killing PvP in an MMORPG

>power creep to the utmost extreme, later amplified further with weapon add-ons/mods
>content bloat resulting in multiple training methods and activities losing all purpose
>too much focus placed on the main continent rather than expanding outward, resulting in the overworld becoming a mess of different landmarks
>some locations that were planned or hinted at early on taking over a decade to even come into fruition
>no methods to mitigate the bot problem in any meaningful way
>quests became more story-heavy while also becoming more casual and simplified, before spiraling out of control and turning the game's setting into a jumbled mess
>inconsistent visual and audio updates, some areas are extremely well detailed while others look like they're still in 07
>rampant microtransactions and FOMO to ensure the sunk cost whales keep playing

Attached: runefeel.png (1248x1504, 70.16K)

>Try RS3 briefly again after not having touched it for a decade
>try a few raids, pretty damn boring and formulaic
>try some of the old skills, either the same old boring mind-numbingness(agility) or new but still boring and mind numbing(mining)
>try some of the new skills, divination brings mind numbing to a new level and I find it hard to believe this was an actual skill that was added recently
>most talk online bitches about how RS3 makes grinding super easy and showers you with exp rewards and whatnot compared to OSRS, which while that's probably true it was still a terribly boring experience
What the fuck kind of CBT is OSRS' skill grinding, I wonder?
Honestly the worst part is the loss of the "MMO" part of runescape. What little I've played it seems all the new big content follows more in the style of dungeoneering where you and a handful of other players go into instances rather than the pure sex that was crashing niggers at GWD or the wildy and I absolutely hate that. I also hate how no one responds to anything, not even a simple "hello" anymore.

>Make game that's meant to be Runescape how it was back in 2007
>go back on your word

Attached: 218371842785.jpg (824x889, 369.44K)

You think that's bad, you should see what RS3 is planning to do about Karamja

They actually changed the wilderness where pvp is now optional in RS3.

Socializing has absolutely disappeared in RS3. People are just autoclicking or have their chats off

Give us a quick rundown

Wait they're actually going to change it? I thought they decided to ignore its existence now because they can't do anything about the shitty coding it was created with.

Oh no

Should be 500% increased xp rate for it to be playable

streamable.com/apvgjk

the actually did change it again.....

Karamja to become nig power fantasy wakanda lel

>noooo hunter gather tribes are "problematic"
>noooo a tribe of dudes who fuck up cool magical monsters with pure badassness is "problematic"
>noooo just because people lived in low tech houses its "problematic" to show black people living like that
how the fuck is karamja an issue?
its half pirates and half tribal aesthetic, like wtf is the issue?
the pirates live in filthy crime laden shitholes compared to the tribal chads charging u even go in their lava death dungeon, charging u to cut their trees, or warning u away from monsters nests because they think ur a shitter and u need to prove ur worth in both worth of character and worth in combat before they think ur ready to deal with that stuff

fucking retarded