What the fuck went wrong?

What the fuck went wrong?
Backed by Nintendo, had a great OST, charm and crossovers. Should it just have been ported to Switch instead of being Gachashit?

Attached: dragalia.jpg (1280x720, 194.36K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzssmEYtOYCfBBO1GJhQ2kJ1UiNDN74Z-
youtube.com/watch?v=AEN5uLWIGKo
youtube.com/watch?v=ZPnnuKnCXLg
youtube.com/watch?v=YvWQlZ9jqdk
youtube.com/watch?v=EWx-k_rOpy4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

the gacha was fucking garbage at launch and first expressions are important. Fixing the gacha and then revamping the game didnt help bring back anyone so it was still just downhill from there

>should it have been ported to switch
i wouldn't mind paying $10-20 for a full port of the game with none of the paid gacha. keep the gacha system but make it in-game currency only, ala xc2.

Gacha plagues everything. I really enjoyed the MH collab (reason why I started playing), honestly felt like a sort of top down MH, so I kept playing.
I think the game filtered people too much as well. Harder fights were too hard for casual phone play. It's just bizarre to have a casual gacha game with actual gameplay, so that alienates people when you have super srs players bashing people for being retarded.
It shouldn't have been a gacha game. Cygames seems to be branching out into actual video games anyway now, but too late.

Phone touch screen is fucking awful for action games

dragalia...

The game is almost 5 year old. Don't act surprised if it's closed, that's just the right lifespan of mobile game.
>B.. but monster strike is more than 10 year old now
Your fault for comparing it to a lottery winner.

>first expressions
???

how good is the OST? gonna have to at least download it to not let it fly under my radar

Actually, 4th anni in a few weeks but most players have dropped it at this point.

It was pretty good.

Enjoy
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzssmEYtOYCfBBO1GJhQ2kJ1UiNDN74Z-

Most of it was made by Daoko before she became too expensive for the game. Still there are bangers that came after her time:
youtube.com/watch?v=AEN5uLWIGKo
youtube.com/watch?v=ZPnnuKnCXLg
youtube.com/watch?v=YvWQlZ9jqdk
youtube.com/watch?v=EWx-k_rOpy4

>Terrible gameplay.

>Terrible character writing and personas.

>Dogshit waifu material.

>Gacha was not very giving.

>Events were lackluster.

Yea it had a good OST....Like that means ANYTHING??

Like how did Nintendo flop a gacha game SO BADLY?! They did almost everything wrong and I don't understand why they did what they did.

Attached: disappointed.gif (500x281, 1.05M)

Required actual skill to clear content. You couldn't just whale your way to instant clears. And ironically the game wasn't predatory enough so probably didn't make enough money.

Good enough to land in one of the "greatest music from a game you never played" thread in 5 years

It was too hard.
You can't have multi-player darksouls game with touch controls and expect whales to spend thousands of dollars on it when it doesn't even help you beat the game.
There is a reason why every successful gacha is coomer nogame

that good, wow

no coom appeal
the character designs were sexy on paper but they were all drawn in a very nintendo sanitized way
personally, I'm just mad they immediately abandoned the dragons in favor of anime girls with horns

Attached: 1660834763479282.png (1440x1081, 1.59M)

>Terrible gameplay.
Godtier gameplay for a gacha game what are you smoking nigga
What even compares

Don't forget that it was a triple gacha at launch. Sure they reworked it to a double gacha eventually, but most people that play gacha already avoid those like the plague. Not to mention that its flavor of power creep meant that anything you pulled today would be completely invalidated in 6 to 12 months.

Shitty Shironeko clone where the director insulted FGO right before release. Throw in the TERRIBLE monetization and gacha at the start and it was doomed to fail.

Having played it for a bit, it just shouldn't have been conceived as a gacha game.
There was legitimately enough there that it could have simply been a charming little console jrpg.

As for what was wrong with it as a gacha game: it had a big stumble at the start, with a lot of really shitty ideas. Filling the gacha with completely useless garbage filler made rolling suck in any case, the power (or might or whatever) system was fucking miserable, especially if you are just starting out, because it was simply not clear how to progress to the next arbitrary power threshold, and later on it was easy to hit a wall. The building mechanic was so garbage that they eventually just gave everybody a near unlimited number of items that allowed you to bypass the waiting. Having to rely on the competence of other players because all of the content that allowed you to actually really progress in terms of power was multiplayer only, and more often than not, really quite difficult was a terrible fucking choice, and even later when they finally made it so you could do that content solo... it was more or less worthless because it gave you less resources than doing it multiplayer, and all of that content was designed with 4 human controlled characters in mind, making it so that the solo content was basically impossible unless you were so over-powered that you couldn't possibly actually benefit from what it had to offer you. Grinding events may as well been a second job, I remember on one of the starting events I literally ground the event for multiple hours every day and didn't even max out on the rewards. It was ludicrous.

Attached: 1654709492547.png (486x953, 281.62K)

>imprecise shitty touch screen movement
>in an arpg that demands precise movement
If they left it emulatable it would have been fine, but they declared jihad on the one way to play it with any degree of precision.

Should have had one of the main OC's be a Smash DLC instead of Ming Mong or Blyeth

Dragalia lost, you'll have to accept it and move on.

Compared to each other similarly in "difficulty and complexity" Dragon Quest Tact just does it way better IMO. A lot more variety to what works and actually has a lot of options to get through the content if you play well.

One feels like a gacha (Dragalia) the other feels like a turn based, semi-tactical, JRPG that happens to have gacha (DQ T).

Attached: video games.gif (500x281, 1.81M)

Worked on a tablet for me though I understand most people were on a phone.
That was the problem with the game for me, it being a gacha at all basically required it to be a phone game, when at the same time having gameplay is gonna make it fuckin impossible to play as it should. Gameplay itself was solid though is my point.

>>Gacha was not very giving.
they were too generious, the few friends I have that played it just rolled fucking everything with all the free shit they got, there was 0 reason to spend money. Cygames other gacha Priconne is also heading towards same direction with lots of people having multiple sparks saved up and having no reason to spend all of it

the only fight that demanded precision was high jupiter and they balanced everything around the touch controls after that.

If you call them giving then you clearly never played an actual giving gacha.

Azur lane SHITS out premium currency to F2P players. Not only that, their rates aren't garbage for pulls.

Its been too long for me to remember exactly what my final straw was. It had to do with making small movements to position w/ a dagger character. Half the time it would register the small swipe as an attack, causing me to snap into the boss and fucking everything.

Not initially before everyone quit. Many games use that tactic where the start is initially heavily monetized before they ease up around the half anniversary or first anniversary. This is because the big whales spend a lot during the opening months before moving on to other games, so after that initial burst of cash they move on to trying to retain the dolphins, minnows, and few whales that will stick with it. That's where they made it too F2P friendly but in Japan the game was dead because it's a copy of another much more popular game so they had to try really hard to get the Japanese to play the game by giving them tons and tons of free stuff. The servers being linked meant that Global benefited greatly from Japan refusing to play it.

>they were too generious
Not at launch. It was a triple gacha with terrible rates and very few ways to make currency. The generosity came after its first anniversary, and by the then it had already lost most of its potential long term playerbase.