Is Risk of Rain 2 a terrible game or is it just the DLC that's god awful?

Is Risk of Rain 2 a terrible game or is it just the DLC that's god awful?

Attached: risk-of-rain-2-anniversary-update.jpg (1920x1080, 278.1K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/81QhAo3hLrM
youtu.be/VTJcLE_VVX8
starstormmod.fandom.com/wiki/Starstorm_Mod_Wiki
youtube.com/watch?v=McYWBsystGE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Man I will never not be salty about the wasted potential of this game

>Risk of Rain 2 Playtime:
48.1 hours

>Risk of Rain Playtime:
78.4 hours

Yea, It's not as good as the first game.

The music is leagues better than the game.

It's too "feast or famine" and there isn't enough variety from run to run.

ror2 but good would be a great game
only sky meadow is good and only that one bit that's all DOODOODODODODO BWOW DA DOOOOW

dlc makes the game a lot easier, in a game that already struggles with being too easy.
bravo hopoo.

the best VR game

It's not TERRIBLE, it's just not worth the asking price.

>only sky meadow is good
youtu.be/81QhAo3hLrM
youtu.be/VTJcLE_VVX8
Idiot clown

I think ror2 music is gobshite compared to ror1. 1 is much more memorable to me.

It's fucking awful.
>character capabilities are all over the place
>some characters are missing secondary abilities
>too many items that are either useless in general or build specific
>items only feel noticeable in stacks
>enemy tracking and spawning doesn't feel good in 3d
>outsourced lore logs
>dlc doesn't even have a fucking ending
>item shredders feel antithetical to the pacing of the game
And just in general it feels like the game isn't up to par content wise if you've been actively playing alongside the development, alongside Hopoo's utterly retarded decisions like locking Captain's abilities while in the Void, and complete lack of playtesting when you obvious things like gay baby jail and Void Fiend being able to kill himself with one of the most common items in the game. Oh, and nevermind Monsoon (and Rainstorm?) didn't have the "proper" regen values set, meaning they had been intentionally balancing things/playing around Drizzle the entire time.

I'm generally not one to fault a creator for trying something different or having a different direction to things, but the unprofessional, lazy ass development of the game combined with their interviews have convinced me Hopoo and his team are bunch of fart-huffing hacks, and we're all lucky RoR1 came out as good as it was.

Go play Starstorm if you want a proper spiritual successor.

Attached: EmzQc6PWEAoicAo.jpg (2048x2048, 186.12K)

>captain can spawn in without use of his shift or R
>not allowed to use it during void for some reason
>""""""one shot protection""""" when every enemy does multiple hits at once
EPIC

>Go play Starstorm if you want a proper spiritual successor.
All I found in goggle was some mtg card. What is this starstorm you speak of?

starstormmod.fandom.com/wiki/Starstorm_Mod_Wiki

You can download it like any other mod for RoR1.

youtube.com/watch?v=McYWBsystGE
Holy kino

Is there gonna be more updates/DLC or is Hotpoop just sitting around with his thumb up his ass?

Ror2 is a good game and the dlc improved it, but it has quite a lot of wasted potential due to how little hotpoo cared about polishing the game and adding variety.
A lot of people say that item variety is bad as well and though it could be slightly better like in Ror1, due to how items themselves are structured, I don't think there's any solution to fixing items, as adding more leads to a bloated pool and removing them leads to less variety. Making them more impactful makes character abilities much less important while making them less important makes items boring. Adding more rare items and item types simply pushes the problem further, though, it is the best method I can think of. In general, if hotpoo wanted to make the items in the Ror games significantly better, they'd have to remake the entire system, which they obviously won't do.

Petrichor V and fighting Providence's brother was the most pure kino possible, but at the same time the final level is mind numbingly boring. 3D Acrid and Rex are also great fun, not many games offer playstyles like them.
Very solid game. Definitely worth playing, I'd say.

Not worth 5$ ?

they're working on something big right now, afaik they haven't said what
it could be more RoR or it could be something else