Are gaming laptops finally viable ?

Are gaming laptops finally viable ?

Attached: 13467982564328.jpg (816x842, 130.89K)

they all sound like jet engines, full of rgb shit, and run very hot under load so it depends on you. If you're a faggot and want to look like one then sure. If you're not then no, they're not viable

I once saw an user saying that without taking a lot of care as a user a notebook can last less than 2 years if used intensively.
I think the advantage of the notebook is definitely for work. Being able to stick it in a suitcase and have access to all your documents, programs, etc., elsewhere is a huge advantage. For gaming, I think not so much.

>do you want to play on a 15.6 inch screen
>do you want to pay more to get worse performance and no modularity
>Is durability not a concern for you?

Buying a gaming laptop is dumb as fuck. Just mid-tier desktop and a craptop if you really need the portability

>do you want to play on a 15.6 inch screen
get a 17 inch screen laptop then
>no modularity
they all have modularity for RAM and storage
>Is durability not a concern for you?
dont buy a cheap brand

given that a 3050 is still $350 dollars....heh

Attached: 1645887137141.webm (798x424, 2.76M)

woah 17 inches
lmao

>see a friend I haven't seen in years
>tell him I'm thinking about building a PC
>he brags about how he just bought a gaming laptop
>tells me it cost $3500
you should have seen my jaw drop what the fuck is wrong with him

>Image by Marty Bug Catcher
Huh? This feels like a punchline that's missing the setup.

only for travel if you fly a lot or take like 2-3 hour train rides
having one as your main vidya machine at home is retarded

yeah, also the instant he bought it the value dropped about $500 too
lol
lmao even

>

>only for travel if you fly a lot or take like 2-3 hour train rides
this. imo they are also good if you do photo/video editing and work on the go a lot
>having one as your main vidya machine at home is retarded
absolutely this. a good gaming laptop works as a complement to an even better desktop

>you should have seen my jaw drop
you dropped your jaw so you could blow him while kneeling to his superiority you fag

>John Loeffler
every time

Attached: 2123.png (717x411, 249.73K)

Back in 2008. I bough a new 24 inch 1080p monitor and never considered 17 inches ever again.
Quality brand and model just means you're paying even more to get some durability. While the performance of the two main components for games is what it is forever.
>Inb4 external GPU faggitry
Then you lose portability and mobility and the only advantage it had.

Ah, so we are signal boosting a fool. This is nice

I just got one. I mostly needed it for work, but gaming on the side is a nice option, I'm gonna try taking care of it, so far it's been great, although I think my gaming days are over, I mostly play some brainless arena shooters for an hour or 2 a couple times a week

buy one so you can play side by side with ur gf

Attached: 1842963876216.png (4640x2610, 3.93M)

Got mine during the shortage when the entire thing turned out cheaper than the equivalent desktop CPU/GPU pair alone. Pretty happy with it. The only problem is how loud it gets with a full load

>full load
heh

I have been using laptops for many years because I enjoy comfy gaming in bed and I have no regrets. My current laptop runs everything I want it to and cost like $1200 4 years ago.

Leave Any Forums, normalfag

My Dell Gaymer Laptop just werks

bought pic related refurbished a bunch of years ago and it runs everything never had any problems with it

Attached: k9kE4tKgkSUfbhkKC6AJQR.jpg (1920x1080, 718.38K)

>I enjoy comfy gaming in bed
same that's why I bought a 60" tv and a controller. Best part is I don't have a heater sitting on top of my body while playing games

holy newfag its not my pic but it gets the point across