Who is the main antagonist of Elden Ring?

Who is the main antagonist of Elden Ring?
>Radagon
>Marika
>Ranni

Reminder that the "Greater Will steals people's souls" shit is pure headcanon. The Greater Will seems pretty benevolent; it's Golden Order goons who turn everything to shit.

Attached: 32h1vy824kt81.png (541x667, 670.48K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-PF0TxZMwCE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It's Ranni, everything that happened in the game was her fault

nah, Marika shattered the Elden Ring.

i would say it's marika since she broke the ring

Marika, repost.

I have come to the conclusion that

1.The Greater Will is not malevolent
2. Marika is bad
3. Miquella's ending is what the Greater Will wants.

And here's why.
>The Elden Ring predates all life in the Lands Between.
>Farum Azula Elden Ring and Placidusax being Elden Lord shows that there was communion with the primitive Erdtree (Crucible)
>Dragons are products of the crucible (The worship of the ancient dragons does not conflict with belief in the Erdtree. After all, this seal, and lighting itself, are both imbued with gold.)
>With this in mind, Dragons are creatures of the crucible, further supported by the fact that Lich Dragon Fortissax has visibly golden flesh under their scales, warding off Deathblight since Gold is pure and incorruptible
>Blessings of the Erdtree's sap was abundant in this time period
>Anyone born with weird things like horns of wings was celebrated in this time period
Fast-forward to
>Placidusax vacates the Elden Throne
>Opportunity rises up
>Marika the Numen seizes the throne, a creature from another world, and not a product of the elden ring/crucible.
>Marika seizing the Elden Throne and becoming goddess coincides with the transition of the crucible into the erdtree
>Blessings of the Crucible stop
>Marika now controls the blessings of the Erdtree
>Marika now controls life and death, instead of dead life becoming the mass for new life in the old crucible system
>Dead things that return to the Erdtree now give up their remembrances that Marika and the golden order can use
>Marika can give people grace now, and take it away
Fast-forward
>Miquella wants to create a world where all living things can blossom and prosper
>Miquella's goals and visions seemingly coincide with the Erdtree system of the crucible, not the Erdtree system of Marika's golden order
>Miquella's ending would be the real golden ending

Attached: 1649957341943.jpg (2480x3477, 2.06M)

>DS2 gets more threads about it than ER
lel

DS2 lives rent-free in this board's head because it's better than DS3

>subject: elden ring
>location: this faggot's head
>action: living
>rent: free

how do you explain that the erdtree isn't gold in its upper branches and roots then faggot?

youtube.com/watch?v=-PF0TxZMwCE

Attached: tervore.gif (640x306, 1.5M)

what i meant to say is that the tree isn't naturally gold, so that theory doesnt work, grace and runes, along with the elden ring were probably something created when the elden best fell in the lands between from the sky

Attached: radagao.jpg (2057x1625, 3.61M)

the developers

DS3 lives rent-free in this board's head because it's the only souls game the devs finished

>what i meant to say is that the tree isn't naturally gold
This goes into my point about the Erdtree/Crucible turning gold when Marika instated her golden order. The erdtree is fading, though. It's not as bright as it used to be.

It used to be relatively normal looking tree during period of abudance.

Attached: MENU_Knowledge_12092.png (1024x1024, 1.01M)

Maybe this will come off as circlejerky but I do not care. Elden Ring's world and lore is probably the most interesting fantasy setting in any game I've played in the last decade, excluding possibly Xenoblade's ongoing insane lore. It feels so fully fleshed-out with tons of different factions vying for power; all the demigods are actual people with complex motives and reasons behind the decisions outlined in very simplistic item descriptions where you get to peace together who they were as actual people. When you read about someone like Nito or Seath, it feels more like you're reading about a distant figure, but the demigods in Elden Ring feel like active players in the plot even though they're not. I really don't know how to describe it but it's really a fantastic world and story.

Attached: 0ee508399f537ad843f50037074a471f.jpg (1864x2388, 3.36M)

i see,you're right, so in your logic placidusax becoming elden lord was something that happened after the elden beast fell on the lads between yes? if so it still doesnt really explain how marika could just be the new chosen vessel for the ring, who placidusax's runaway god is or how the greater will would just let marika take over as the new proprietress, or even the weird change on names from crucible to erdtree, not even mentioning how during the eden beast fight you can see a lot of supposed golden tree trunks in the background

siluria's tree is probably a good estimate on how it used to look too

Attached: siluria.png (1024x1024, 354.39K)

i prefer dark souls lore still

>so in your logic placidusax becoming elden lord was something that happened after the elden beast fell on the lads between yes?
There was no life in the lands between before the elden beast arrived, since the crucible evolved into the erdtree.

How does the lost dynasty fits into this?

>the lost dynasty fits
I don't know what that is
> if so it still doesnt really explain how marika could just be the new chosen vessel for the ring
>Because nobody else was there to do the job who placidusax's runaway god is
The sun. The sun is incredible distant and feeble in the lands between
>or even the weird change on names
The crucible became the erdtree when marika instituted her golden order.

ive also realised that the fact that the dragons have scales, horns, claws, tails and wings and the fact that their lighting has a reddish hue fits very well with them coming from the crucible

>I don't know what that is
The creators of the clayman and the uhl ruins and the place that Moghwyn is using for his new dynasty.

Good point. I also attribute the Golden Order's ability to absorb new doctrines and Miriel stating nothing is heresy originates from the Crucible's ability to incorporate all
I thought that had to do with star or moon worshippers, and the claymen are an analog to the development of mimic tears and albinaurics, a servant race.

>The Elden Ring predates all life in the Lands Between.
wrong