Proceeds to completely kill the PS2 emulation scene in your path

>proceeds to completely kill the PS2 emulation scene in your path
heh.... nothing personal kid

Attached: 1652038714086.png (500x323, 44.15K)

go fix it yourself

Is it just the same dude posting these pcsx2 threads

what game doesnt work/runs poorly for you? runs everything i play near flawlessly

yes, he also changed his md5 as if to show that he isnt a schizo cuckold.

Attached: file.png (2560x5231, 1.8M)

The easier a console is to emulate, the worse it is.

>proceeds to completely reinvigorate PS1 emulation scene

Attached: 3a810ac7-0de3-43b8-bde1-43b14f008743.png (256x256, 21.9K)

PS2 architecture was so byzantine and weird that it's impossible to properly emulate it. It could do shaders like crazy, had a shader pipeline of 32GB/s, which mean that most ps2 games pushed particle effects like you wouldn't believe. The particle effects on the sotc remake aren't just lame because Blue Point are idiots, it's because even brand new hardware can't handle it. Trying to emulate that is an insane task.

Attached: 1635104218047.webm (1176x338, 2.88M)

You do understand there was nothing else that even remotely did 1/10 of what PCSX2 did for years? I don't even think any of the alternatives got pass the BIOS. The first decent alternative only showed up with Play! in 2014 and it's nowhere as good still alongside with DobieStation which appeared a bit later.

I've never heard about this somehow but I am going to believe it regardless

Damn, got any other comparisons with other game remakes? This explains why SotC felt soulless on the PS3

The reason why there hasn't been a good alternative is that PCSX2 exists. Its existence reduces the need for another PS2 emulator even though it sucks, because "at least it's something". That's why shoddy amateur projects need to be brutally stomped on, because they monopolize space within their niche.

The left clip is literally the PS3 version, retard

What gave it away?

Well, the ps2s legendary particle system has a few youtube videos up about it I think.

Probably means the ps5 version.

Attached: 1635104373928.webm (1920x478, 1.86M)

I don't want to be that guy but I'm kinda hesitant on advancing my Armored Core backlog because Last Raven runs like ass. It's "playable" on software renderer, but swapping between rendering modes garage vs. in game is kinda bothersome and the sw-renderer botches the visuals, resolution and performance. Otherwise the latest release in experimental branch have been running my nostalgiafaggotry games pretty well.

You know your threads only bring more attention to it right?

has nothing to do with "shaders," it's about the blend operation bandwidth. Every time you layer transparencies on top of each other, you massively increase the cost to render that pixel for each layer of transparency. The more pixels you take up with these stacked transparency layers, the more severe the penalty goes up until you're eventually dropping to single digit frames. Eg - Goldeneye N64, stack a shit load of explosions on top of each other and watch the frames plummet. Newer games know that this is a bad thing for typical hardware so games will cut off particles when they get too close to the camera to prevent them from causing massive transparency overflow. The PS2 had a unique pipeline for allowing this behavior without affecting the framerate. This is why games like SotC and SH2 have such insanely volumetric particle effects even compared to today's games. I'd like to think with modern hardware you can brute force it fairly easily, but only because you're emulating literal decades old games.

i hate bluepoint so much

It's fine as an explanation but it's ultimately the same trap N64 emulation fell into where quick and easy and doing things not the right way with hacks yields great results for the top popular games people loved and played a bunch and as soon as it works, interest dies down as further improvements don't really interest the most people. And to redo things right, it becomes more painful as time goes on. You need continued interest and discipline to have things move in the right direction. It's a wonder that only Dolphin ever managed to do everything mostly right from the getgo being the best managed emulation project from the early days.
And it's not like the alternatives are really alternatives in the truest sense given how long it took to appear. As I said, compatibility still isn't great and Play! and DobieStation are one person projects.

Is that why every time I walk through cobwebs in Oblivion the framerate just went single digit?

Yes hes a retroarch shill