Disco Elysium

Why is this game so divisive on Any Forums?

Attached: Diesel_productv2_disco-elysium_home_EGS_DiscoElysium_ZAUM_S2-1200x1600-6280f1147761adcaefd5bae77dc686b6d21c39e0.jpg (1200x1600, 305.76K)

I heard it's commie bait. Can't say much further than that.

games without gameplay have always been divisive

Any mention of communism in anything close to positive light, even if done by a villain, drives a loud minority here into an uproar.

started playing it this week
no idea how the stats and character sheet works
but it's original, writing is good, has a neat art style and interesting story

Attached: jojo elysium.jpg (1280x1107, 409.43K)

SHIVERS:
Those that hate this game aren't *with it* anymore. Whatever *it* was left this place a long time ago.

Not only is it a game "with politics" its a game "about politics." It happens to mostly be complex and nuanced enough to not slot immediately into well worn culture war tropes. But that won't stop people from trying.

>no idea how the stats and character sheet works

Just go with the flow and enjoy the atmosphere, the game is super easy and failing rolls sometimes lead to more interesting situations anyway

DISCLAIMER:
The game is being shilled heavily on Any Forums (as shown by the disingenuous posts that do not read like anything else on the board), so, here's some things the shills don't want you to know
>The developers claim to be hardcore and nothing is off the table. Despite this, Faggot is censored and any racial slurs are changed to abstract ones
>The game developers consider themselves to be "Soviet" and the game uses the likeness/voice acting of podcast members of ChapoTrapHouse and Redscare, members of Antifa a domestic terror organization according to the DHS
>Your companion in the game is a gay Asian. You have no option to permanently remove him from your party. He will get upset at the player for dialogue options and chastise them for choosing them.
>Despite the game claiming to "Punch all sides" and present a diverse range of political opinions, in order to unlock right-wing politics, one must subject themselves to health damage every time they choose one.
>Choosing left-wing options will reward the player with health, experience, and even money
>Whilst the game (and shills) declare it to be an RPG, it is completely devoid of combat, party management, or even meaningful choices that affect the ending of the game. It instead plays more like a visual novel.

Is there by any chance a way to mod the game to include more realistic dialogue? I expect a criminal or police officer to use those words just fine, especially from a background story that isn't politically ideal to begin with.

>virgil texas is a domestic terrorist
hard agree brother.

Attached: q.jpg (420x420, 39.9K)

Disco Elysium is the ultimate NPC test. If you're a tribalist NPC you will not be able to look past the unapologetically communist developers. You'll either go "COMMIES YAY!" or "COMMIES NAY!" That's that. The actual story of the game will pass you by.

Believe it or not, Disco Elysium isn't about politics at all. It's about Harry's struggle with his identity and addiction.

I'm not going to pretend that it's unbiased because it isn't. The world of DE is one where communism got immediately obliterated the very second the commies had their own country, making communism seem as an oppressed ideology. Very different from real life where communism once ruled half of the world and it was terrible. But honestly, that's not even the part of the game most people like the begin with. They like it because of Harry. His character journey.

Attached: Youreyesdosomewakythings.gif (900x400, 475.47K)

- I have bad news for you.
- You know these anons?
- Who, me?
- Yes, you. He's talking about you, you boring stiff.
- You too.
- Me? What did I do? I'm merely a master shitposter...
- These anons are compromised. (((They)))'ve got them singing along to their tune. The little sneeds and (You)s you trust for into - you can't trust them anymore.

Game? Where?

Is that so? I'm intrigued to play it since a lot of love is shown for these games. I don't like the bias yes, but if the focus of the game isn't politics, then I'm on board.
You knowing this, what would you rate it from 1 to 10?

Damn. Guess, even if I'll hate it, that I'll have to play it. It's a game that will inspire dozens of games like it if its reception was this good and even people here like it as much. Might as well find out for myself.

Not him, but at least a 9.

One of the best RPGs I've played. In terms of developing a character and really role-playing, the best rpg I've ever played.

7/10
Saying it's a lot like a visual novel is fair. But it's a really well-written one and I generally just loved the story and characters. But if you're looking for gameplay this isn't it. Besides solving the murder you'll mainly be exploring this little part of the world of Disco Elysium, which is really interesting.
It doesn't take place in our reality and has different laws of physics. But despite that, it still feels down to earth.
Don't want to spoil too much though. Most of the fun is discovering it all yourself.

My most important hint would be to not immediately shit yourself when you encounter a character with an ideology you don't like or a character that portrays something you don't agree with IRL. Just keep playing. You don't have to pick a side. And besides, you don't even know if they're telling the truth. A good example is your partner being gay. Is he really? Or does he just want you to shut the fuck up about your sexual identity? I genuinely can't tell since the situation you're put in to get that dialogue makes it seem possible like it could be either.

Go back to California

I already live in this shithole and don't worry, no matter how bad it gets I'm not leaving.
Much like your shit taste, which you will never change.

because it's genuinely an introspective psychological game with good writing, but it also has a clear political bias (it's still more nuanced than most AAA content coming out nowadays but you can tell the creators were in favor of a certain ideology)