Resident Evil 0

>Classicfag: I want Resident Evil to be survival horror and it should remain that way
>Ok, what are your thoughts on pic related? That is the purest survival game in the franchise
>Classicfag: What no! That game is bad and too hard for me >:(

Why is RE0 so fucking underrated?

Attached: xw34qvOZBl5pRv6j2HCrJS8dGYdCgBIP.jpg (1024x1024, 287.78K)

It's the inventory that fucks it, i understand they couldn't have the magical boxes because then you could teleport items across the map between rebecca and Billy but for the love of christ give me a table or something I can put my shit on

because
>nooooooooo they took away my magic item box and I have to put items on the ground
RE0 is based

RE0 sucks on first playthrough then gets better and better on each run. It's really designed around replayability

>put shit on the ground
>open map
>item list with exact location
here's your table bro

>it has Rebecca
>it's pretty
>the train was neat
There, those are the only redeeming qualities of this game people will mention
Maybe I'd forgive the gameplay changes, boring levels, lame enemies, or the retarded story by themselves, but all of these things together doomed the game

Attached: 1658288441757502.jpg (1200x900, 176.46K)

>Rebecca is a glass cannon without the cannon part
>Her ability is making herbs take up less space, which is useless because of the way items in this game work anyhow
>All those sections where you can soft lock yourself when you realise you need X item from like two hours ago and it's in front of the train past several halls of monke and those bullet sponge leeches

Seriously this game would be great if it didn't feel like an RE kaizo hack

I like the train but RE games rehashing the RE1 mansion will always be lame.

RE0 is bad and STILL better than RE7 and RE8.
That tells you everything about new RE.

RE0 was an honorable attempt at something different, but it doesn't work. The best way to play the game is to ditch Rebecca since she has less health, and dump all your items in the foyer, and hope to God you remembered where you put that one item from the beginning of the game since you need it TWO more times at random intervals, and since there's no item box you either reload or start walking.

Attached: re0hd 2016-01-25 04-01-39-242.jpg (220x600, 130.87K)

>That is the purest survival game in the franchise
Lol fucking no. The game is so poorly fucking balanced that the game just dumps a fuck ton of ammo at you in the end because even it's sick of its own bullshit.

It is genuinely better and more tightly designed than REmake.

>Muh hookshot
Resident Evil games ask if you want to discard an item because it outlived its usefulness. Why do RE0 haters not realize and apply this when they complain about the hookshot?

They should have added an online coop option in the HD remaster.
Massive missed opportunity that could have really changed how people view 0.

Attached: 1641230819707.jpg (1400x1400, 220.47K)

Name a more kino atmosphere. You can't.

Attached: img-2.jpg (640x480, 118.47K)

Because it takes up TWO item slots and you have no reason to keep it on you until you finally leave the mansion and head towards the faraway back area, and the game will never ask you to discard it.

Attached: re0hd 2016-01-25 21-53-45-698.jpg (1440x1080, 1.66M)

0 does look great in motion

Attached: 1614141508512.webm (1588x1392, 897.96K)

Is it Resident Evil 0 or Resident Evil Zero? Which way should i write it for my records? Hate when games do this

The annoying thing is I can't. No game combines bongland, backwoods America and industrial shit quite like RE.

And then there's that mixture you need to make with Rebecca, where one of the required items THAT YOU CAN'T PICK UP is in the mansion, but you don't know you need that particular part until your in the end game area, forcing you to walk all the way back, and you better hope you remember which room has the item, or you'll be wandering around for a while.

Attached: re0hd 2016-01-21 18-31-50-488.jpg (1440x1080, 764.38K)

You wouldn't miss that at all if you press interact on the green can that totally stands out from the grey color scheme of the environment.