Fate Extra

Just finished it and i liked it, a lot.
Rock Paper Scissors combat was great and rewarded memorization (or autism) with decent difficulty, OST was bloody good and Nasu's writting, while still elementary school chuuni tier, seemed to click fairly well with scifi and the fact it was an actual game. Again, i really liked it.
What does Any Forums think of it?
How is CCC and when will its patch be done?
Is the remake anything to look forward to?
Who is best servant and why is it Caster?

Attached: image_2022-09-14_003431375.png (300x500, 284.91K)

Last decent piece of Fate content. (that and the PSP fighting game).

I enjoyed it for the Emiya/Archer fanservice. The sci-fi plot was serviceable enough to keep my attention. I never did a caster playthough, due to the way the MP system worked with combat, as an fairly limited resource, it seemed basically like "caster = hard mode". I'm looking forward to the remake, though I don't know much about it. seems like it's been in development for a while now. As novel as the the rock paper scissors combat was, I'm thankful the remake will be replacing it, I wouldn't want to play through it again.

Im GAR for archer

>due to the way the MP system worked with combat, as an fairly limited resource, it seemed basically like "caster = hard mode".
Yeah, its the hard mode of the game.
You are basically stuck doing no physical damage until you get all three types of attack magic. That an the fact that you can't Tank shit (Level 40 and still under 2k HP). Luckily, the game gives you shit ton of ways of recovering MP with skills and codes and once you get the buff that multiplies magic damage by 4, the game becomes a cakewalk.
Based

Attached: image_2022-09-14_005554722.png (640x480, 276.96K)

>What does Any Forums think of it?
I actually liked it because I had absolutely no idea going into it. Saber was a refreshing change of pace and I actually think this is the best depiction of her character before she becomes a meme.
Archer was just Archer, good snarky fun all around
Caster's beginning is rough, especially if you want to optimize for the later weeks so you only put enough points into STR to auto attack enemies while pumping literally everything else into magic.. She also sounds the best in this game too.
Absolutely underrated visuals, the detail of the Arena and the Virtual Sea is one of my favorite aesthetics in the franchise. CCC abandoning it for bizarro labyrinths kind of make sense but I hated Extella for abandoning it.
Killer OST since I'm into jazz instrumentation.
It is also the last piece of Fate that actually emphasized servant identities being incredibly important.
>How is CCC and when will its patch be done?
Editing takes a while, especially with a script that big. CCC is fine, although the stat-increases per level are fixed so a bit more balanced. Unless you play Gilgamesh, then you just have an auto-win button if the enemy is at red health.
>Is the remake anything to look forward to?
So far it seems to be expanding on the original in a good way, taking some less eventful days in your given week and adding more events, which I think is a good change of pace. The gameplay seems to be changed into a deck system so I'm cool with that. The visuals also seem pretty good, especially because the Virtual Sea is back and I hope they're as detailed as before just now without walking through cube hallways.

Attached: Virtual Sea.jpg (4761x2917, 1.8M)

Attached: Charlie.png (2557x1431, 3.94M)

>another person now loves Extra
Good, it's the best Fate game.
The music is sublime.

CCC got a translation but they are in editing phase (fuck them, I hope someone releases it already like that person did with p2 eternal punishment)
I wonder when will they bring the remake? I like Rin's new design

What is the site of the people who did the CCC translation?

>What does Any Forums think of it?
Nothing with the cancer known as (((bisexual))) representation is good.

I'm just wondering if the remake is going to replace the original or just serve as an alternative.

All I hope for is something that's heavily rooted in the original's premise and delivery but just enough new things to make the duller parts more exciting.
Hopefully they maintain the servant-master relationships, the shit-talking from enemy servants, their death scenes, and all the NPC masters in the school

Attached: EddWecCU4AIbILN.jpg (2048x478, 222.87K)

When the fuck are we getting Extella 2?
They could just port over all those models from the Arcade game easy.

Hakunon is wife material

It's called Extella Link.

I remember there was an interview where they mentioned they thought of it as Extella 1.5
It technically didn’t follow Extella 1, more like an alternate timeline, and the coming fight with Velber is still on a cliffhanger.

>we can bring him back!
>game basically deadends on content immediately after
You can tell they wanted to do a third game that just never materialized.

Fuck FGO for ruining Nero

The only thing I liked about it was some of the Archer dialogue.
Tried starting NG+ with Saber and dropped it, never picked it up again.
>UBW just changes the background and gives a passive buff.
>No constant sword rain.
Lame. 0/10.

Attached: sadman.jpg (637x624, 66.87K)

Have we gotten ANY Extra Record new since like, 2 years ago?

Do you really want it? I played it. It sucks.
It fixed sector traps so they're not obnoxious, but it also removed Servant Swap skill so you can't swap to another Servant mid-mission when you get bored of spamming the same combo and want to spam a different combo to keep it fresh.
The game has 3 routes and they're all identical except the final bosses and a different mid-route cutscene.
The story is barely existent, and what is there makes no sense. It's terrible.

Attached: I cant see shit Master.png (1920x1080, 3.08M)

Wada's Art Exhibition had a new trailer so technically yes. Any concrete word about what they're actually adding and stuff? Nope

>That UI
It's like one of those fake mock-ups from 10 years ago